Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

Erica's car was massive. How could she have gone into that pond without hitting a sign or a pole?! The chances must be a million to one! It seems so unlikely, and I'm not buying it.

Also, if she was so strapped for cash she was giving blood plasma twice a month, then maybe she was selling other things to make ends meet too? Whatever that may be.
I think that's why she was in the neighbourhood there. Or perhaps she was dropping 'something' off for her friend.

Not twice a month, twice a week. Can you imagine the toll donating plasma that frequently has on the human body? Private companies allow donations up to two times a week, yet the American Red Cross limits its plasma donations to every 28 days. There is a reason for that; that being the health of the donor should be considered first and foremost.

When a death occurs under mysterious circumstances, rather than conjuring up scenarios involving 2nd and 3rd parties, the simplicity of Occam's Razor usually suffices as a plausible scenario, imo.

Unless there was some massive failure of the vehicle and the stars aligned for her to end up in close proximity to a retention pond at the precise time that the failure occurred, I believe the simplest explanation could be the most mundane and at the same time, the most tragic. All my opinion.

Not twice a month, twice a week. Can you imagine the toll donating plasma that frequently has on the human body?

Twice a WEEK?!? That's insane!
There really must be some law passed it stop private companies profiteering at the expense of low income people. Twice a week is ridiculous. The toll on people's health could be, and I'm sure is, catastrophic.

Twice a WEEK?!? That's insane!
There really must be some law passed it stop private companies profiteering at the expense of low income people. Twice a week is ridiculous. The toll on people's health could be, and I'm sure is, catastrophic.
I think once you reach the 24 times within a year you can’t donate with the Red Cross.

I have heard that private collection services will let someone do it 2X weekly but have a maximum of 12 donations per year.

I think once you reach the 24 times within a year you can’t donate with the Red Cross.

I have heard that private collection services will let someone do it 2X weekly but have a maximum of 12 donations per year.

And the Red Cross is voluntarily.

This however must have an incredibly high incentive for someone to donate in those numbers in such a short time.

And the Red Cross is voluntarily.

This however must have an incredibly high incentive for someone to donate in those numbers in such a short time.

I had been seeing ads for this somewhere, so I did a search and found this site which touts a potential of earning $1000 per MONTH for plasma. That gives me pause for sure.

Find a CSL Plasma Donation Center
There seems to be 6 locations in the Houston area to donate.
Perhaps this might be what Erica had been doing to earn some funds?
They allow twice a week donations.

Last edited:
I did read it's $280 per month for twice a week donation. Will try and find the website again to link....
I'm having trouble reconciling all this talk about cash for blood. Rather than give blood twice a week, I'd rather reduce expenses, by say, driving an older car. But I hate needles so that's just me. I also think that blood banks would test for such conditions as anemia which could result from excess blood loss in order to monitor the health of its "donors". But I probably put too much faith in for-profit medical entities.

I'm having trouble reconciling all this talk about cash for blood. Rather than give blood twice a week, I'd rather reduce expenses, by say, driving an older car. But I hate needles so that's just me. I also think that blood banks would test for such conditions as anemia which could result from excess blood loss in order to monitor the health of its "donors". But I probably put too much faith in for-profit medical entities.

I also questioned the big-a$$ed car Erica was driving. It was a late model, a 2020 and it's possible she either leased or bought it late 2019 before Covid raised its ugly head. You can't really just give back a vehicle without losing lots of money so whether she wanted to keep it or not, she may have been stuck with that vehicle.

As for the plasma donations: I find it very concerning that organizations are allowed to exist that prey on low income people or individuals reeling financially from the shutdowns because of Covid. Giving plasma that often is incredibly dangerous. Without knowing what Erica's days were like and how she compensated for the negative effects that depleted plasma can wreak on the body, her drinking alcohol just upped the danger level exponentially.

If her family want to find out what really happened to their loved one, they should be seeking out information, preferably from the Red Cross or a legitimate medical body to see if there is a way a private organization can be investigated for shady business practices that endanger their volunteers.

I also questioned the big-a$$ed car Erica was driving. It was a late model, a 2020 and it's possible she either leased or bought it late 2019 before Covid raised its ugly head. You can't really just give back a vehicle without losing lots of money so whether she wanted to keep it or not, she may have been stuck with that vehicle.

As for the plasma donations: I find it very concerning that organizations are allowed to exist that prey on low income people or individuals reeling financially from the shutdowns because of Covid. Giving plasma that often is incredibly dangerous. Without knowing what Erica's days were like and how she compensated for the negative effects that depleted plasma can wreak on the body, her drinking alcohol just upped the danger level exponentially.

If her family want to find out what really happened to their loved one, they should be seeking out information, preferably from the Red Cross or a legitimate medical body to see if there is a way a private organization can be investigated for shady business practices that endanger their volunteers.
I thought it was mentioned somewhere in a article Erica’s dad owned the SUV. I could be totally wrong.

I checkEd out CocoChanel link finding a CSL Plasma Donation Center. Advertising how you will be compensated for your time. They make it sound like it’s a easy way to earn extra cash. Incentives with rewards, each person has the opportunity to become a Platinum and Gold donor. They even have picture of this poor guy being a platinum donor. He didn’t look one bit happy.

It’s sad she ended up giving plasma twice a week. This just to make ends meet. Nothing has been mentioned if Erica’s ex-husband providing child support.
She sounded like a very loving and giving person.

I had been seeing ads for this somewhere, so I did a search and found this site which touts a potential of earning $1000 per MONTH for plasma. That gives me pause for sure.

Find a CSL Plasma Donation Center
There seems to be 6 locations in the Houston area to donate.
Perhaps this might be what Erica had been doing to earn some funds?
They allow twice a week donations.

That sure gives me a pause too. Unbelievable.

All kinds of side-effects start to appear when you give to much blood. And they can be quite severe.

https://mobile.twitter.com/houstonpolice/status/1392221150684622851/photo/1

Looking at the pictures there appears to be enough room for a vehicle to clearly be able to enter the water without hitting a large object?
Like a lightpost or large wooden sign?
That is the appearance in the photo shared. FWIW - As it was shared with me by a sourced homeowner very close by the pond in this case- In order to bring in all the necessary teams for extraction ,vehicles such as the larger heavy duty craned wench equipment ,tow truck and other items- they had to temporarily remove the large wooden sign and cap the orange piping pole to ground level. There was not a need to remove the dusk to dawn lighting pole.
I suppose anyone can call the Pearland Police Dept PIO to confirm this ,but since the Investigation is still ongoing and very active they are keeping 99.9 % close to their vest.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back