Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what this is about? From the indictment (Count V, Overt acts #3, page 6, BBM):

Text messages between Chad and Lori regarding death percentages for Tammy and JJ in messages on July 30, 2019.

READ: Here is the indictment document for murder against Chad and Lori Daybell - East Idaho News
On the same page there are mentions of Chad and Alex obtaining burner phones (on Sep 18 and Oct 9 respectively). I thought some 60 burner phones were seized from the group. I wonder how many will be brought up in court?

Could this now be, potentially, a death penalty case? Does Idaho have the Death Penalty? I think that they do...squee!

Death Row | Idaho Department of Correction

Now, we know why Idaho brought in a "gunslinger" for the prosecution!

Can MM handle a DP case?
Upthread an OP explained that he can be on a DP D-team but probably not lead attorney.

I wonder what this is about? From the indictment (Count V, Overt acts #3, page 6, BBM):

Text messages between Chad and Lori regarding death percentages for Tammy and JJ in messages on July 30, 2019.

READ: Here is the indictment document for murder against Chad and Lori Daybell - East Idaho News
I have wondered, too, about “death percentages.” That reference in text messages was late July 2019. CV had been killed earlier that month. And, Tylee was still alive, yet she is not mentioned in death percentage. Thanks for all your insightful comments.

I have wondered, too, about “death percentages.” That reference in text messages was late July 2019. CV had been killed earlier that month. And, Tylee was still alive, yet she is not mentioned in death percentage. Thanks for all your insightful comments.
Death percentages are of interest to insurance companies and health organizations.
Wonder what they were they scheming about.
Shows they talked about the impending deaths.

LE were onto Lori and Chad in Hawaii before Nate and they allowed him to confront the couple after they were done with them that day (stopping them and searching their car). I think the police were aware of their whereabouts earlier than we thought. Media outlets were tipped off by members of the public, too.

Yes but the fact that the kids were missing was known to LE long before that.

I just can't imagine this happening in NZ. If your kids were missing, you'd find yourself in a police interrogation room until you provided an explanation that checked out - otherwise you'd be arrested on suspicion for sure.

Remember they never provided any credible explanation for where they were.

Thanks for all the great comments today, fellow Websleuths’s. Its been a milestone day. So much to think about- many answers today, but now many more questions. This is a great group of analytical people, experts, laypeople, and all-around supportive people. I don’t post often, but I try to read every comment. I also love to watch Tricia’s YouTube. I just can’t stay awake to watch it live I’m an early bird.

Perhaps they were initially planning to make JJ's death look accidental/natural. Would Lori have been able to take a life insurance policy on him, too?

Pippersand, Thank you very much for this information. How can the insurance company get back any monies if the accused spent it all? Between Hawaii and the lawyers, what could be left? I don’t know what Idaho’s law is on book sales or movie rights, if the accused can get money for them, but if so can the insurance go after that money?

Thank your investigators for all their hard work….and you too.

I'm not 100% sure that the insurance monies were paid out. Reason being that in the affidavit, it goes into detail about receipt of the social securities monies/ dates/ amounts, but with the insurance companies appears only that they submitted to deceive without any mention of receipt of monies with dates and amounts as stated with SS.

MOO

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/Indictment.pdf

ETA: Of interest is the ORDER at the bottom of this as to the witnesses. MOO I hadn't realized they were at the bottom of it before just now. (Corrected one later)

Last edited:
Yes but the fact that the kids were missing was known to LE long before that.

I just can't imagine this happening in NZ. If your kids were missing, you'd find yourself in a police interrogation room until you provided an explanation that checked out - otherwise you'd be arrested on suspicion for sure.

Remember they never provided any credible explanation for where they were.
Agree.

Many are hauled in and treated as you say. In this case, these two seemed to fully enjoy the benefit of the doubt at almost every turn.

Last edited:

I went back to the most recent timeline at WS, and nothing there on that date. (Timeline at link below) Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much @Tortoise for the timeline! We now have a few more items from the Indictment.

ID - Joshua Vallow & Tylee Ryan, Rexburg, Sept 2019 TIMELINE ONLY - *NO DISCUSSION*

Those around it are

Approx Late July - Lori refuses to tell CV’s sons where CV’s body is or if a funeral is planned. CV’s sons eventually figure out the mortuary where their dad was taken and go there to talk to the funeral director. “He was very shaky and nervous. We asked him for information and he said something like, ‘I can’t tell you that. It was requested that I tell you nothing,'” CV’s son said. (East Idaho News).

29 July 2019 – CV’s obituary is published in American Press. It is written by CV’s siblings and Lori is not mentioned.

Approx 29 July 2020 - about 2 weeks after Lori called the life insurance company she sends a text to JJ’s grandmother, KW. “It was a photo of the ‘change of beneficiary’ form that she must have gone digging for…It named me as the sole beneficiary and she wrote, ‘Five kids and no money and his sister gets everything.'” The text was the last time KW heard from Lori. (East Idaho News).

Approx July/Aug 2019? – Lori apparently told JJ’s grandparents KW & LW, and other people, that Tylee was attending BYU in Rexburg, ID. This was a lie; Tylee never attended BYU (Note: Date they were told this is unclear, but this detail comes from Dateline; JJ’s grandparent last had contact from Lori in July 2019 and last had contact from JJ Aug 10, 2019).

Perhaps they were initially planning to make JJ's death look accidental/natural. Would Lori have been able to take a life insurance policy on him, too?
Good question. There was such a short time from CV’s death to JJ’s, I’m not sure she could’ve taken out a policy. But I would be curious if she did.

I went back to the most recent timeline at WS, and nothing there on that date. (Timeline at link below) Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much @Tortoise for the timeline! We now have a few more items from the Indictment.

ID - Joshua Vallow & Tylee Ryan, Rexburg, Sept 2019 TIMELINE ONLY - *NO DISCUSSION*

Those around it are

Approx Late July - Lori refuses to tell CV’s sons where CV’s body is or if a funeral is planned. CV’s sons eventually figure out the mortuary where their dad was taken and go there to talk to the funeral director. “He was very shaky and nervous. We asked him for information and he said something like, ‘I can’t tell you that. It was requested that I tell you nothing,'” CV’s son said. (East Idaho News).

29 July 2019 – CV’s obituary is published in American Press. It is written by CV’s siblings and Lori is not mentioned.

Approx 29 July 2020 - about 2 weeks after Lori called the life insurance company she sends a text to JJ’s grandmother, KW. “It was a photo of the ‘change of beneficiary’ form that she must have gone digging for…It named me as the sole beneficiary and she wrote, ‘Five kids and no money and his sister gets everything.'” The text was the last time KW heard from Lori. (East Idaho News).

Approx July/Aug 2019? – Lori apparently told JJ’s grandparents KW & LW, and other people, that Tylee was attending BYU in Rexburg, ID. This was a lie; Tylee never attended BYU (Note: Date they were told this is unclear, but this detail comes from Dateline; JJ’s grandparent last had contact from Lori in July 2019 and last had contact from JJ Aug 10, 2019).
And late July CD LVD texting about death percentage for TD and JJ.
LVD didn't get the insurance from CV, so then MOO they immediately started evaluating the worth of other family members, deaths.

And late July CD LVD texting about death percentage for TD and JJ.
LVD didn't get the insurance from CV, so then MOO they immediately started evaluating the worth of other family members, deaths.

*ding ding ding* Thanks! Same time she got pizzed at Kay.......... jeez... they moved FAST.

So much of the items revolves around Kay to see their plan & conspiracy. Rings bought before Tammy (which Kay found) and this note to Kay around the exact time of this search.....etc.

*shivers*

Can't thank Tortoise and others that helped to create the timeline as we would be lost without it! MOO

*ding ding ding* Thanks! Same time she got pizzed at Kay.......... jeez... they moved FAST.

So much of the items revolves around Kay to see their plan & conspiracy. Rings bought before Tammy (which Kay found) and this note to Kay around the exact time of this search.....etc.

*shivers*

Can't thank Tortoise and others that helped to create the timeline as we would be lost without it! MOO
Yes. Thankful JJ and Tylee had Kay.
Maybe Charles V. will get justice too.

I don’t sorry. I haven’t actually been inside this building. But here’s some articles discussing the building that might give you a better idea of what it’s like.

Women's jail becomes profitable

Lori Daybell won't be back in Idaho for 'a few days.' Here's how she'll spend her time at the Madison County Jail. - East Idaho News

Thank you for this SleuthD-odoubleg! I was disappointed to hear this evil woman is in such an upscale jail, if there ever is such a thing..LD is certainly not suffering:mad:

While she’s incarcerated, Daybell will eat “the best jail food in the state,” according to Payne. Every meal is handmade on-site and supervised by a licensed nutritionist.

“We don’t ship in meals, we ship in ingredients,” Payne says. “We have a full-service kitchen and all meals meet nutritional standards. We have homemade bread, fresh fruit and vegetables and even the staff eats the food.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa