Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks again. "Why did you make those calls about your father?" "I know the type of man he is. He sexually abused me and my sisters. He also threatened to kill us," a visibly emotional Slife says.
1:37 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brown objects, says this has nothing to do with the case.

Slife continues, says she has DHS records of the abuse.
1:38 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

"He would pull guns on us, he would throw knives at us."

Brown objects again for relevance. Frese says she only has five more minutes, won't take all day. Judge Yates: "I'm going to overrule but I'm going to hold you to that. Let's get where we're going."
1:39 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Slife says she became more concerned, called sheriff's office directly when the search neared her father's home.
1:40 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Courtney Crowder on Twitter
Her father lives "right in that area" where Mollie was found, on the property right next to that scene. She never heard back from the tip line.
1:41 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

On cross, Brown asks about her father's height. "He's 6'7"." Agrees he stands out.
1:41 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks again. "Why did you make those calls about your father?" "I know the type of man he is. He sexually abused me and my sisters. He also threatened to kill us," a visibly emotional Slife says.

Brown objects, says this has nothing to do with the case.

Slife continues, says she has DHS records of the abuse.

"He would pull guns on us, he would throw knives at us."

Brown objects again for relevance. Frese says she only has five more minutes, won't take all day. Judge Yates: "I'm going to overrule but I'm going to hold you to that. Let's get where we're going."
1:39 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Watching this live. And all I’ve done in my personal life is give a deposition. I still feel this “witness” could give some reasonable doubt in her testimony(her own words/responses) that she came to believe….while her father had numerous issues….that she learned that she didn’t think he was responsible. Not trying to put words in her mouth but it seems like a logical conclusion in the years it took for this to get to trial. Almost seems she’s giving the bare minimum. Not trying to victim blame or shame her in any aspect….I was just left with AND???? With most of her testimony.

Exactly! Is the defense saying they don't believe the masked bandit story??? They think it's Ron Peska??
If your client just testified he drove the ninjas and they did it, why do we need an alternate suspect? Looks like they are trying to set up local law enforcement as racists who grasped onto Rivera and ignored white suspects. Despicable.

This poor woman. The defense should be ashamed of themselves for parading this victim around like this.

Absolutely and how does this girls dad tie into the absurd story that CBR just told about 2 men? That story suggests that it was Dalton or someone he hired.. why would he hire this woman's dad? This is not at all connected to what story he just told on the stand.

Legitimate question. Is this “White House” probable? Does anyone believe he took her to a new undisclosed location? I’m about to tune in live to court tv(if I can find access to it) but this is new info to me. I certainly wouldn’t put it past the suspect…but anyone want to give a ballpark probability of this being a realistic possibility?
My thought here is that the "white house" is one of the homes on 460th st., just east of where the body was. It follows his original story about stopping and turning around to the cornfield. Maybe Peska's?

Last edited:
Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Defense calls Luis Medina, uncle of Bahena Rivera. Bahena Rivera lived with him for some time.
1:42 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Medina's wife is CBR's father's sister.
1:43 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Medina is a U.S. citizen who immigrated here when he was 5.
1:44 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Courtney Crowder on Twitter
He is talking about his journey to America. He is now a citizen. These are "difficult memories," he says.
1:44 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members