Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else I am thinking about right now, just going to put this out there and hope it comes across clearly and understandable. Could they (prosecution, Mollie's family and friends, etc.) have known or expected this to some degree? As I have followed this case, I've found the coverage and particularly the timing of coverage about Mollie's family's views on not making this about immigration and/or her mother taking in the boy very interesting and even odd. They were slammed for their views and virtue signaling hard (I'm not getting into if that is right or wrong, that's not where I am going with this post). If we now look at this through different lenses, could those news releases and timing of them been more about the prosecution knowing and suspecting very early on, like much sooner than they have told us, that this crime was possibly committed by someone here illegally? Maybe they wanted to get out in front of it from the get-go, knew where a defense would most-likely go in saying the individual was being picked on because of this, and wanted to try and take the wind out of their sails? Could they have advised/asked Mollie's family to say what they did and when it was said? Maybe it wasn't the virtue signaling they were slammed for but an effort to make it clear whoever was prosecuted for this crime was done so because of the heinousness/evidence/guilt, not immigration status? I personally have always questioned the comments by her father, the stories on taking the boy in, etc., and especially when those things surfaced. They always seemed oddly said, released, and/or printed, especially coming from people who had lost so much and who one would think were in the beginning stages of extreme distress and pain, some of them coming before we even knew a suspect or that he was illegal. Examples...when the terrible robo-call went out full of explitives about illegals and Mollie. Right after, her dad gave statements/wrote columns that he didn't believe this and didn't want it to become part of the story. Or the lengthy, over-the-top story about how great her mother was for taking in a boy, who low and behold is related to this ugly mess. Could these things not necessarily have been their views, but asked of the family again, as a way of taking the "feel sorry for me" elements away from any defense that would attempt to mount them? To keep the focus on the brutality/evidence of guilt, not the "Woes me and my hard life of growing up in a one room house, coming and working illegally in a country for little money (sending whatever I could back to my poor family), the unending oppression I have faced, to the point it made me snap when I couldn't have something I wanted?" Does this make any sense? Maybe I am totally off my rocker here but there is something I can't put my finger on with regards to this and I keep thinking it over. Maybe too much. MOO.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese: "Have you ever seen Cristhian Bahena Rivera act aggressively?" "No. [...] He's quiet person, if you knew him he'd be fine. He was kind of funny, he did joke around with people he knew."
1:48 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Courtney Crowder on Twitter
He went to the Sheriff's Office the night that CBR was being interviewed.
1:50 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Medina and Alejandra Cervantes, CBR's aunt, went to Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office on Aug. 20 "I asked about Cristhian and they didn't know about it" but says they let him in the waiting area.
1:51 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Can the prosecution call witnesses after the defense rests?

CBR's ex girlfriend needs to be questioned about his demeanor from the 18th till his arrest. Did he hover, was he protective of her and her daughter. Did he mentioned for them to be extra careful, did he act different than normal? Surly if his story is true he would have acted somehow different. He would have wanted to have his daughter close by, he would have told her to be careful, he would have done something if he was so afraid that these men would harm his daughter. She was called before his bombshell was dropped so the prosecution couldn't ask her about this. Fishy!

Defense asks current witness if he’s ever seen CBR ever get aggressive towards his children. My automatic response…..well he wasn’t sexually attracted to that mans children and told no from them(Thank God) therefore that doesn’t apply. I know doesn’t stand in legal grounds but that was my automatic first response to that nonsense.

I dunno... thinking it would be difficult for 6'7 RP to hide and/or crouch down in his ninja costume riding around in the Malibu.
I literally LOL'd I feel so bad for her family. This is ridiculous and offensive to the court that most of these has even been said. I would think also if 6'7" man was involved you would say an extremely large man was in my home. That is a full foot taller than CBR. Not something you forget. That is awkwardly tall.. 6'2" and under more normal to see people of that height, but I'd guess most people don't see someone that tall even once a month (unless you are related to or live with someone that tall).

Something else I am thinking about right now, just going to put this out there and hope it comes across clearly and understandable. Could they (prosecution, Mollie's family and friends, etc.) have known or expected this to some degree? As I have followed this case, I've found the coverage and particularly the timing of coverage about Mollie's family's views on not making this about immigration and/or her mother taking in the boy very interesting and even odd. They were slammed for their views and virtue signaling hard (I'm not getting into if that is right or wrong, that's not where I am going with this post). If we now look at this through different lenses, could those news releases and timing of them been more about the prosecution knowing and suspecting very early on, like much sooner than they have told us, that this crime was possibly committed by someone here illegally? Maybe they wanted to get out in front of it from the get-go, knew where a defense would most-likely go in saying the individual was being picked on because of this, and wanted to try and take the wind out of their sails? Could they have advised/asked Mollie's family to say what they did and when it was said? Maybe it wasn't the virtue signaling they were slammed for but an effort to make it clear whoever was prosecuted for this crime was done so because of the heinousness/evidence/guilt, not immigration status? I personally have always questioned the comments by her father, the stories on taking the boy in, etc., and especially when those things surfaced. They always seemed oddly said, released, and/or printed, especially coming from people who had lost so much and who one would think were in the beginning stages of extreme distress and pain, some of them coming before we even knew a suspect or that he was illegal. Examples...when the terrible robo-call went out full of explitives about illegals and Mollie. Right after, her dad gave statements/wrote columns that he didn't believe this and didn't want it to become part of the story. Or the lengthy, over-the-top story about how great her mother was for taking in a boy, who low and behold is related to this ugly mess. Could these things not necessarily have been their views, but asked of the family again, as a way of taking the "feel sorry for me" elements away from any defense that would attempt to mount them? To keep the focus on the brutality/evidence of guilt, not the "Woes me and my hard life of growing up in a one room house, coming and working illegally in a country for little money (sending whatever I could back to my poor family), the unending oppression I have faced, to the point it made me snap when I couldn't have something I wanted?" Does this make any sense? Maybe I am totally off my rocker here but there is something I can't put my finger on with regards to this and I keep thinking it over. Maybe too much. MOO.

The law. People are supposed to follow the law, being properly admitted and inspected at the border.

It has nothing to do with politics or racism.

It is too bad that we have so many people in the United States who do not understand laws.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"They told me it was going to be like 15 minutes. They came back and asked me questions, it was different people, they asked me questions about him." Says he was told again it would be 15 minutes. This was around 8:15 pm, he says.
1:52 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Says he saw Alejandra, his sister-in-law, after he walked out to check on his son outside.
1:53 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Says her husband was also there.
1:53 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

"Seemed like forever," he says of the wait. "We left that night at like 1:30 in the morning." Says he wasn't trying to reach CBR, wasn't trying to speak with him but figure out what was going on.
1:54 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

Can the prosecution call witnesses after the defense rests?

CBR's ex girlfriend needs to be questioned about his demeanor from the 18th till his arrest. Did he hover, was he protective of her and her daughter. Did he mentioned for them to be extra careful, did he act different than normal? Surly if his story is true he would have acted somehow different. He would have wanted to have his daughter close by, he would have told her to be careful, he would have done something if he was so afraid that these men would harm his daughter. She was called before his bombshell was dropped so the prosecution couldn't ask her about this. Fishy!

Great thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member