Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
William Morris on Twitter
One thing that jumps out at me: the defense hinted last week that there was phone evidence contradicting Dalton Jack's alibi, that he was busy in Davenport. We never saw or heard any evidence of that in the defense case.
2:04 PM · May 26, 2021·TweetDe

Courtney Crowder on Twitter
His family has now testified that they didnt actually try to reach CBR, which I think the defense has said.
1:56 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

I have relatives from Maquoketa, IW(since passed). Granted I haven’t been in that town since 2004 at the very least. Still at the rate the defense is trying to apply…*I* could be a suspect. Doesn’t matter it’s halfway across the state(near Davenport)….in the defenses eyes I’d be a suspect too. Anything but CBR right?! *facepalm*.

One thing that jumps out at me: the defense hinted last week that there was phone evidence contradicting Dalton Jack's alibi, that he was busy in Davenport. We never saw or heard any evidence of that in the defense case.
2:04 PM · May 26, 2021·TweetDeck

His family has now testified that they didnt actually try to reach CBR, which I think the defense has said.

I think the defense, especially with DJ, asked a bunch of questions like “isn’t it true blah blah blah” or didn’t you tell so-and-so blah blah blah” to which DJ answered either “I don’t know” or “I never said that”. I think the defense was just making up things hoping the jury might think he actually said that stuff. Just scum muddying up the waters.

Nicole Agee on Twitter
The prosecution may still call one or more rebuttal witnesses. Once closing arguments begin, they will be live on our main channel (@KCRG)
as well as online and on 9.2. We will also have the verdict on TV9 once it comes in.
2:16 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

With the help of defense attorney Eric Tindal, to clarify what happened after the jury left: Both sides are reviewing the jury instructions. They will be back on the record this afternoon for any objections. This way, they're ready to go ahead of closing arguments.@KCRG
12:13 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

I think the defense, especially with DJ, asked a bunch of questions like “isn’t it true blah blah blah” or didn’t you tell so-and-so blah blah blah” to which DJ answered either “I don’t know” or “I never said that”. I think the defense was just making up things hoping the jury might think he actually said that stuff. Just scum muddying up the waters.
I agree. On their first cross of DJ, they asked him a question to which he denied having said whatever they said. Mr. Freeze asked him "If I pull up the record would you believe it? " DJ said "yes"
Mr. Freeze then begins flipping through papers, and could not find that particular page. So he dropped it. It was fairly obvious that he was just acting though.

CGothnerKCCI· 1m

From pool report: Court will be back on the record in estimated 30-45 minutes to go over jury instructions
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial
----
Yes you are correct! I am not on the fence regarding CBR's guilt! Just on the fence on who came up with the ninja story.
There is no way CB came up with that story on his own. He would have said it before. He needed the help of the defense team to come up with a story like that. I have to say, as a defense attorney, this is just ...... well, not sure what to say.

2:04 PM · May 26, 2021·TweetDeck

YES- these two things are left hanging- with no evidence to verify or dispute. Odd to leave that dangling like that.

And I still don’t get the significance of the decomposing cows from this morning. Perhaps I was bored & dozing off… But wth was the point of that?!

I hope he sues Chad and Jennifer Frese!
I am tired of hearing that people who are charged can sue. I read a case where a burglar broke in and fell through a sky light and sued the owner and won.

There is no way CB came up with that story on his own. He would have said it before. He needed the help of the defense team to come up with a story like that. I have to say, as a defense attorney, this is just ...... well, not sure what to say.

The ninja story so “perfectly” covered all the points and refuted all the evidence the defense was unable to do. Imagine that.
@PrairieWind, could they be disbarred for something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998