Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAY 26, 2021
Cristhian Bahena Rivera trial: Day 6 updates, watch live | weareiowa.com

Wednesday, May 26 Fast Facts
  • First Witness: Brandon Bublitz, a field operations for the major crimes unit in the Iowa DCI, was assigned to look at potential blood evidence about a mile from where Mollie’s body was found.
  • Second Witness: Matt George with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation testified about the concept of victimology and talked about his conversations with Mollie’s boyfriend.
  • Third Witness: Jordyn (Lamb) Johnson, went to high school with Mollie and her boyfriend. She testified she previously dated Dalton Jack, Mollie’s boyfriend.
  • Fourth Witness: Defendant Cristhian Bahena Rivera took the stand, testifying he did put Mollie’s body in the cornfield, but says he wasn’t the one who killed her. He says he was threatened by two armed men who showed up in his living room and directed him to drive them, ultimately to where Mollie was running.
  • Fifth Witness: Jamie Lee Slife, an Iowa woman who called in tips once she heard about Mollie’s disappearance. She felt investigators should look into her father, who she said was a known abuser.
  • Sixth and final Witness: Luis Medina, who is a relative of Cristhians. He testified about his observations of Cristhians’ demeanor and said he and other family members went to the sheriff’s office the day Cristhian was being questioned.
  • The state rested its case
[...]

All IMO, but the defense's strategy to put CBR on the stand, and have him come up with this Ninja story reminds me of the Jon Lovitz character from SNL years ago. You know, the ..." Yeah , yeah....That's the ticket" guy who lied and came up with absurd stories? Magically appearing and disappearing Ninja's who wear sweaters and masks in the sweltering Iowa heated cornfields, and one of them says "jack". ?? Yeah, that's the ticket! Smh. This jury simply cannot buy into that story

Not gonna lie, I’m very disappointed in the prosecutions presentation and I’ve been very worried that the defense has a lot of room to get enough “reasonable doubt” to make at least one juror hold out.

But that may have been the most ridiculous defense theory I’ve ever heard. I can’t believe they’ve had two years to work on it and that’s the best they can do. I’ll be shocked if the jury deliberates for more than a couple hours.
I agree. I don't have a good feeling, even with the Ninja story.

Leaves to many "others" that were not investigated or did not present more details/witnesses. They relied to heavily on being lead to the crime scene.
Moo...

If anything, the defense grilling DJ about his past infidelities only proved a pattern of behavior that shows if he wants to be with someone other than Mollie, he just does it. No need to kill her.
Yes. I actually found his testimony quite believable and understandable. They were young kids. He loved Mollie, but also liked J, wasn't sure what he wanted. That describes nearly every person that age. He wasn't initially forthcoming about the affair. who would be? Its embarrassing. But he did come clean. JB on the other hand allegedly kept quiet this story about two men kidnapping him to help in the murder of Mollie and he never told police, FBI, family, Mollie's family, no one, until today? That is NOT believable in my opnion.

WTH did he mean by this? What movement?! :(:(:(

MAY 26, 2021
Cristhian Bahena Rivera murder trial Day 6 (kcci.com)
[..]

Bahena Rivera got out and inspected the trunk where he found Tibbetts' body. He said there was a little movement but no signs of life.

He testified the body was fully clothed in sports clothing. He carried her into the cornfield and covered her body with corn stocks because he didn’t want to expose her to the sun.

[...]

:mad:

I am tired of hearing that people who are charged can sue. I read a case where a burglar broke in and fell through a sky light and sued the owner and won.

Huh? OP responded to a Reporter's tweet citing that the private citizen/ victim accused by the defense has no criminal record.

Not sure what an injured burglar has to do with two defense lawyers defaming the character of a private citizen and former law enforcement officer asserted as the murderer of Mollie during a trial with international live coverage? To my knowledge, the only connection here is that the victim had the misfortune to reside a few miles from the cornfield where Mollie's body recovered.

How did the prosecutors not use the classic cross-examination witness-ending line, “If you admit you lied to the police officers, lied in your interview, lied on that video - why should the jurors believe you now?”

I wonder if the blood evidence near the dead cows was trying to show the masked men, covered in her blood, might have been there? Did the witness ever give the results of those blood drops?

MAY 26, 2021
[..]

Bahena Rivera got out and inspected the trunk where he found Tibbetts' body. He said there was a little movement but no signs of life.

He testified the body was fully clothed in sports clothing. He carried her into the cornfield and covered her body with corn stocks because he didn’t want to expose her to the sun.

[...]

I know. I was very disturbed by this but then realized he was just making up stuff as he went along...at least I hope so.

There is no way CB came up with that story on his own. He would have said it before. He needed the help of the defense team to come up with a story like that. I have to say, as a defense attorney, this is just ...... well, not sure what to say.

The word ‘unethical’ comes to mind, but it’s definitely not strong enough, right?

MAY 26, 2021
[..]

[...]

Her poor body could have twitched, as an example, even after death. Or she still had some brain activity as she was dying that caused some movement to a limb, eyes, fingers... IMO

MAY 26, 2021
[..]

[...]

He never elaborated but I wish the prosecutor had asked him about it. Did she move her hand? Her leg? How did he know she wasn't alive? I really wanted him to ask specific details to get CBR to say something stupid or contradict himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88