Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...pure speculation on my part: The continuance could indicate a change in position by Lori? Possibly offering to turn evidence against Chad with the agreement that certain charges be dropped/mitigated; ie., the death penalty? Also, that the two cases would then become separated, which may be more to her advantage?

I don't know law well enough, but I wonder. I do sense that Rob Wood was NOT a happy camper. o_O:eek:

I don’t think he cares for MM and they way he handles a murder court case. MM is way out of his element. He needs a certification/training before he tries to take on such a a case. Also I believe LV plays on guys emotions as she always has done. She can get to MM but she has now reached her end and is in jail. I wish this was a federal trial…

But why could a judge go along with that? No criminals want to face charges, but they have to. Why special arrangements for Lori?

jmo
Yeah - and this was all done orally, so there wasn't first a written Motion for such a thing which one would expect would have things related to a mental health crisis/event or to a mental health eval;, or really anything else that would support this idea of "my client cannot proceed with this today because she is not competent to understand these charges against her right now, we need to push this back"

If that was the case, I don't think the Court would rule the way they did without having something from Means to back it up. Even with saying the written Motion will be filed later, I am not convinced that a judge would rule just based on the defense arguing something without evidence. It's really perplexing. I'm very intrigued!

As yeah, as others have said.....
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen footage of a situation somewhere where a defendant has tried this (being cautious because I can't promise it wasn't on some TV legal drama, lol), and a judge was all "um, yeah, you have to give us a verbal perceptible answer". They don't care what she wants.

So...pure speculation on my part: The continuance could indicate a change in position by Lori? Possibly offering to turn evidence against Chad with the agreement that certain charges be dropped/mitigated; ie., the death penalty? Also, that the two cases would then become separated, which may be more to her advantage?

I don't know law well enough, but I wonder. I do sense that Rob Wood was NOT a happy camper. o_O:eek:

I don’t think he cares for MM and they way he handles a murder court case. MM is way out of his element. He needs a certification/training before he tries to take on such a a case. Also I believe LV plays on guys emotions as she always has done. She can get to MM but she has now reached her end and is in jail. I wish this was a federal trial…
I sure hope there's no plea bargaining agreement because there are no bodies to find. Let this couple face the charges, trials, and punishments.

Only plea bargain would be Life no parole instead of Death IF Ashe tells everything and can prove it and she does not go back on the truth….I doubt that, jmoo

Yeah, that's my take on this: Clearly (IMO), if/since the point of the hearing was for Lori to state that she understood the charges; the charges are going to change, and the original charges need not to be listed upon the record associated with Lori going forward.

I don't think this gives us any particular hints as to "why" the charges might change, though; that is still up to speculation at this point.

I don't think she can make a plea deal or work out anything until she makes an appearance and has her charges read, like she was supposed to do today.

IMHO if Lori was about to flip on Chad - and give up all of this incriminating information and evidence - the State would not be strongly objected to simply postponing this first appearance hearing, not at all.

If she was going to offer up information and/or try to get some plea deal, I do not see any reason why the State would object to pushing back this hearing....they would be getting information out of her, so why would you object to pushing back this? Pushing it back would not change (if there was some agreement) that she would be giving up information...IMO.

The Judge obviously ruled that whatever the Defense said/presented/argued was enough to push this back, and in my mind that signals that it is something bigger. Not something that would derail this case or have charges dropped or anything of the sort but something that is more helpful to the Defense than it is to the State.

I keep going back to - why would the State object to this? It is a First Appearance hearing, sometimes the charges are read if that is not waived, there would be no discussion of bond at this other than to say there is "no bond" set, there would be no need to discuss custody because she is in custody and is remaining in custody.....
Just my opinion.

IMO it could be something personal for Means that may have nothing to do with the case. If Lori wanted to plea or whatever, it would not affect this advisement. That would be handled at arraignment. I do get tired of all the secret meetings.

I still can't work out whether chad really believed all this stuff, i feel like lori did but i'm on the fence whether chad was the master manipulator, making up these stupid family history trees with light and dark ratings etc. Part of me feels like chad brainwashed people for his own benefit and didn't really believe in the same stuff, but i can't be sure.

Dang it! To have been a fly on the wall during the side-bar! Why do you think Lori was granted a continuance. Means wanted it, Woods didn't. I am guessing the judge awarded it because he doesn't want there to be any grounds for mistrial later. Do you think Lori will turn on Chad? The more I see, the more I wonder if she really believed the crap Chad was feeding her.

I sooo agree with the Woodcocks... and I've said it before... Chad and Lori didn't actually believe their (desecrated) "religion" - they simply used it to justify greed and murder.

I, too, agree with the Woodcocks—everything these people have done has been for selfish greed and lust, plain and simple.

Show them the money! They don’t believe one bit of the crock they fed everyone. Their evil has been revealed, and they sure weren’t trying to save anyone.

Yes, Lori thinks she’s all that, and led Chad around by his, well, you know.

But that’s all that is. Shallow, evil people. Pure evil.

As if there aren't enough odd things in this case, as far as MM wanting a continuance, his M.O. this whole time has been nothing but frivilous motions, delays and lately a scattershot, over-the-top and broad subpoena to MG. Why not add asomething else to the mix? Nothing surprises me with this guy and his antics.

Another thing was with LV. She belives she's been powerful women in past lives or that she's some sort of godess. She believes has the inside track to be one of the chosen ones for the second coming of Christ. She believes she can pick out zombies, dark/light spirits and has the God-given power to kill them if she'd like. So Lori.... if you're so powerful, why would you need to wear a mask? Give me a friggin' break.

The Judge also has to teach MM how to be a defense lawyer in this type of case…saying it nicely….so to make sure nothing comes back on them, the court. The Judge is letting some things be continued as MM does not know exactly what he is doing. I believe the Judge is doing a lot behind closed doors as he really is teaching MM….I believe this happened in the Felon Casey Anthony Case, when the Judge even remarked in having to teach Baez criminal murder law as the case went on. Finally death penalty lawyers were on/off/on case. But the Judge was teaching…much like here.

I believe another lawyer who will be first chair, will be on board soon.

I hope LV does get a psych eval but I worry if she goes away to a ‘special clinic or hospital’ for evaluation or treatment, she may try to escape or commit suicide. She may be given more freedom there, then in the jail. Jmoo

IMOO Chad is more likely to flip first. LV has Killed before (IMOO), she don’t care really, whereas Chad did not start killing until he met LV (IMOO).

I guess we will all wait and see.

And as for LV dark hair. Hair does not grow that long in a year, so the ends of her hair should be blonde still. She also would have an issue cutting off the blonde parts, no scissors allowed. I do not see the blonde anywhere. I noticed that on a local case too….the defendant was totally a dyed blonde longer hair when arrested. She just went to trial and her long hair was all one color, dark brown. So I wonder if females inmates are allowed to get their hair dyed in the jail. There may be provisions…I know I saw a show on Television which showed training for some inmates in jail and one was a hairdresser. So some jails and prison do have accommodations….how do the guys get their hair cut when confined? So there is a way.

Case I am referring to for possible hair coloring is Kimberly Compass, Wichita, Kansas. Guilty of Murdering her son Zayden Jaynesahkluah.

First link shows her at trial “as she hears sentence”. Note the dark hair. It had to be dyed, no way did it all grow out. I asked my hairdresser…..any hair dressers want to chime in?

(Now felon Compass argues with Judge after hearing she is not guilty. Her defense brings in a witness at the last minute to say the felon was innocent. Why the witness did not give evidence when asked by LE initially? Don’t know, sounds real fishy to everyone. Thankfully the jury did not agree.) Live in jail without parole.

Here are links of hair coloring….first link is dark hair.

Kimberly Compass found guilty of 1st-degree murder in death of 2-year-old son

Second link is initial jail house photo and she is dyed blond.

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article251645773.html
Actually, because of Covid, I refused to set foot into a salon for over a year, and my daughter recently cut my hair. It had grown at least 10 inches. I doubt that Lori dyed it brunette in jail. Also, in the still shot that I saw of her, I spotted blonde highlights on the ends.

I know this is awfully shallow, but I can't help but wonder what LVD is gonna look like without her botox:D:D:D

On her best of days, with full makeup, hair done, etc., she still looks like a scary, hatchet-faced, hard-as-nails kind of woman. Without botox, makeup, etc., she looks like someone to run away at full speed from....

Why why why would so many men find her attractive?

But why could a judge go along with that? No criminals want to face charges, but they have to. Why special arrangements for Lori?

jmo
Yeah - and this was all done orally, so there wasn't first a written Motion for such a thing which one would expect would have things related to a mental health crisis/event or to a mental health eval;, or really anything else that would support this idea of "my client cannot proceed with this today because she is not competent to understand these charges against her right now, we need to push this back"

If that was the case, I don't think the Court would rule the way they did without having something from Means to back it up. Even with saying the written Motion will be filed later, I am not convinced that a judge would rule just based on the defense arguing something without evidence. It's really perplexing. I'm very intrigued!

As yeah, as others have said.....
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen footage of a situation somewhere where a defendant has tried this (being cautious because I can't promise it wasn't on some TV legal drama, lol), and a judge was all "um, yeah, you have to give us a verbal perceptible answer". They don't care what she wants.
I believe I've seen similarly hilarious interactions on CourtCam tv show.

As if there aren't enough odd things in this case, as far as MM wanting a continuance, his M.O. this whole time has been nothing but frivilous motions, delays and lately a scattershot, over-the-top and broad subpoena to MG. Why not add asomething else to the mix? Nothing surprises me with this guy and his antics.

Another thing was with LV. She belives she's been powerful women in past lives or that she's some sort of godess. She believes has the inside track to be one of the chosen ones for the second coming of Christ. She believes she can pick out zombies, dark/light spirits and has the God-given power to kill them if she'd like. So Lori.... if you're so powerful, why would you need to wear a mask? Give me a friggin' break.
Respectfully, I don't think the Court would have ruled on his oral Motion - especially since the decision was made after only oral arguments - if it was "frivolous", a "delay" or a "scatter-shoot". I believe there was definitely of some substance there and that the Judge would not just rule willy-nilly if he thought this was some BS motion.
JMOO though.

Anyone else listening to Scott Reisch right now.....?! I think he just spent a whopping 30 seconds on what happened with Lori and Chad today, LOL. I was really hopeful he was going to say more of his thoughts, but he only mentioned never seeing this in his 26 years.

On her best of days, with full makeup, hair done, etc., she still looks like a scary, hatchet-faced, hard-as-nails kind of woman. Without botox, makeup, etc., she looks like someone to run away at full speed from....

good question.

Arrogance is attractive to some.
Most won't admit it but they are.

Men and women alike think its sexy people whom exude self confidence. Arrogance hides amongst that likable quality.

moo

It is impossible to guess why the continuance was granted because there are any number of reasons that may be behind it. A continuance is purely within the judge's discretion and, although we find it irritating since we are left in the dark, granting the motion did not prejudice the state or result in any meaningful delay in the judicial timeline. The first appearance and reading of these charges is merely a formality imposed as part of the constitutional requirement of due process to guarantee that the accused is aware of the charges being levied against her. My guess (and it is only a guess) is that MM is not completely comfortable that he and Lori are on the same page with respect to some aspect of the defense and he wants more time to get their act together. It may be something very minor or it may be a significant matter under discussion and yet to be resolved. I've seen lawyers do this with difficult clients and judge's are inclined to grant a continuance to an attorney to help them with their client control. In those instances the request for a continuance was used to exert control or make a point to the client. Who knows what is going on here, but it is a possibility.

Who knows. Maybe she secretes more pheromones than the rest of us?:p
5.jpg

Actually, because of Covid, I refused to set foot into a salon for over a year, and my daughter recently cut my hair. It had grown at least 10 inches. I doubt that Lori dyed it brunette in jail. Also, in the still shot that I saw of her, I spotted blonde highlights on the ends.

in the initial video I saw no blonde…when blowing up I can see the edges lighter in color fwiw

Dang it! To have been a fly on the wall during the side-bar! Why do you think Lori was granted a continuance. Means wanted it, Woods didn't. I am guessing the judge awarded it because he doesn't want there to be any grounds for mistrial later. Do you think Lori will turn on Chad? The more I see, the more I wonder if she really believed the crap Chad was feeding her.

Lori looked to be wearing a blue hospital gown in the arraignment. Perhaps she is currently in the psych ward under treatment and therefore not in a condition to assist in her own defense?

It is impossible to guess why the continuance was granted because there are any number of reasons that may be behind it. A continuance is purely within the judge's discretion and, although we find it irritating since we are left in the dark, granting the motion did not prejudice the state or result in any meaningful delay in the judicial timeline. The first appearance and reading of these charges is merely a formality imposed as part of the constitutional requirement of due process to guarantee that the accused is aware of the charges being levied against her. My guess (and it is only a guess) is that MM is not completely comfortable that he and Lori are on the same page with respect to some aspect of the defense and he wants more time to get their act together. It may be something very minor or it may be a significant matter under discussion and yet to be resolved. I've seen lawyers do this with difficult clients and judge's are inclined to grant a continuance to an attorney to help them with their client control. In those instances the request for a continuance was used to exert control or make a point to the client. Who knows what is going on here, but it is a possibility.

:D:D:D:D WELCOME BACK, @vislaw !!!! :D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member