Found Deceased Canada - Justin Evans, 22, Gravenhurst, Ont, 12 Dec 2020

Also chiming in from Canada, tapping is a thing up until 100$ for most banks/stores, depending on how much you regularly spend you can opt for higher limits. I think the original poster is right, if you're coming from America you might not be able to use a CC without a pin, but that wouldn't be the case for Justin.

I live in Orillia between Barrie and Gravenhurst. It isn't unusual to do that amount of driving in one day of shopping. IMO

I don't have anything to back me up but I'm local to the area. The person who committed suicide was found at the Muskoka Tourism Centre on hwy 11 just south of Kilworthy. It happened after Justin disappeared.

I also live in Orillia and was going to say exactly the same thing! It's not unusual for people in Gravenhurst to drive to Cookstown to the outlet mall. People who live in small towns think nothing of driving an hour and a half to go to a mall or shopping. I drive to Toronto very frequently (at least I did before Covid).

Also chiming in from Canada, tapping is a thing up until 100$ for most banks/stores, depending on how much you regularly spend you can opt for higher limits. I think the original poster is right, if you're coming from America you might not be able to use a CC without a pin, but that wouldn't be the case for Justin.

Yes, Bopit, you're correct about tapping the card being common, in Canada.

I'm the OP, and I haven't been asked in any store to enter my credit card and/or pin for a very long time, in Canada.

But even if a pin were required, I'd give it to a trusted person making purchases on my behalf – more especially if I wanted their assistance to use a fantasy shopping spree as an alibi...

Im in Canada. The only time I ever have to enter a pin (which is the 3 digit cvv code on the back of the card) is when I make purchases online. For in store purchases I just have to sign the store copy of the receipt

Really? I'm in Ontario and we haven't had to sign receipts since 2015. And pins are not required for smaller purchases, so it is possible for someone else to use your card.

Really? I'm in Ontario and we haven't had to sign receipts since 2015. And pins are not required for smaller purchases, so it is possible for someone else to use your card.

It’s been a while since I’ve paid for anything in store using credit, but definitely not 6 years.. I’m in Quebec. Will try it this week and update

Im in Canada. The only time I ever have to enter a pin (which is the 3 digit cvv code on the back of the card) is when I make purchases online. For in store purchases I just have to sign the store copy of the receipt

Canada's banks require a four digit PIN number when using your credit card for purchases. It's been like that for a couple of years now. If your credit card is coming up for renewal you will probably be required to use a PIN. The only time I haven't used the 4 digit PIN is for online purchases (you have to provide the 3 digit code on the back of the card) and when I have returned an item I paid for on the card.

Both my debit and credit cards will allow purchases up to $100 by using the tap. Anything beyond that will required the PIN to be entered. If you lost your credit or debit card and someone tried to use it they would be limited to purchases up to $100 then they'd be stymied. Even in one day there is a limit to how many taps you get. It was introduced by the CC companies to protect us and them from fraudulent transactions.

Does anyone have access to an Ariel view of property where Justin lived? I’m curious about the shed’s proximity to the trailer as well. I’m also curious about where his body was found.

does anyone know how long it usually takes to determine cause of death?

Does anyone have access to an Ariel view of property where Justin lived? I’m curious about the shed’s proximity to the trailer as well. I’m also curious about where his body was found.

does anyone know how long it usually takes to determine cause of death?

I believe in the video posted below your comment called “The OTHERS involved” Linda shows a screen shot of the trailer park. To the back side of the park on my apple maps when I pulled it up, it looks there is a small body is water.
Would be interested in someone closer to the area could chime in here!

May 31st, 2021 rbbm.
Gravenhurst senior charged with obstruct justice in disappearance of Justin Evans – Barrie 360Barrie 360
''Bracebridge OPP has charged a Gravenhurst man as part of their investigation into a missing hiker, whose body was found earlier this month.

Police began a probe into the disappearance of 22-year-old Justin Evans from Gravenhurst in December 2020. His remains were found by a hiker on May 19.

Since then, the OPP has charged a 70-year-old with obstruct justice.

He has a court date July 13.''

Body of missing Gravenhurst man found, charge laid
May 31 2021
''Police charged 70-year-old Kenneth McKinney of Gravenhurst with obstructing justice. He was released from police custody with a future court date.

Evans's family took to social media following his disappearance in December to plead with the public for information about his whereabouts.

"This takes away the tiniest hope that we had about him being out there," Evan's sister Kristen told CTV News. "It just feels like day one all over again," she said. "The emotions and the pain."

Police have not released details surrounding Evans' death.

The Muskoka Crime Unit is leading the investigation under the direction of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch.

Investigators ask anyone with information to call Bracebridge OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers to leave an anonymous tip.''

"...These offences involving the misleading of justice and which include lying to the authorities are taken very seriously. This is clear when looking at the potential and maximum penalties under the Code. Perjury and fabricating evidence are indictable offences with potential prison terms of up to 14 years, while obstruct justice under 139 (2) of the Criminal Code is an indictable offence with a maximum sentence of imprisonment for 10 years..."

What Are the Consequences of Filing a False Police Report In Canada? | Devry Smith Frank LLP
utm_source=Mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=LinkedIn-integration

A pool of blood you wouldn't be able to survive from in a house and this is not a homicide?
I'd be asking a second autopsy immediately because I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is unreliable, for whatever reason, it just doesn't add up.

MOO and speculation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho