Found Deceased FL - Delia Young, 13, Gainesville, 15 MAY 2021 *ARREST*

This article says the murderer was her step-mom. Stepmom charged with killing missing 13-year-old, Sheriff's Office says

The Sheriff's Office says Williams was Delia Young's stepmom, and they lived together.
It’s a world gone mad...every day. Babies being thrown out like garbage, precious children being abused and murdered by those who should be protecting them. It hurts.

Praying now that Delia can be located and laid to rest, and that the murderer burn for all eternity.
Moo

Oh such sad news: Breaking: Woman arrested for homicide in connection to the disappearance of 13-year-old Delia Young

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB) -Alachua County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested 57-year-old Marian Glovina Williams in connection with the death of 13-year Delia Young. Williams was arrested late Wednesday evening just hours after deputies obtained search warrants for multiple properties.

She has a great-aunt named Marian Williams, though it’s been reported that the killer was her step-mom.

RIP sweet angel.

Deeply saddening to hear that beautiful young Delia is deceased.

Thankful that someone has been arrested for the murder.

Horrific to hear it confirmed that a caregiver of Delia's took the young girl's life.

I realize this is the case very often, however, it will always seem hard to comprehend how someone who is in a caring role for a child commits such evil acts against them.

Delia deserved to have a happy, loving life - just like every child. So dreadfully tragic.

Rest in Peace, Delia.

The judge set the 57-year-old’s bond at a total of $950,000 for all four charges.

She is also not allowed to meet with the co-defendant in the case, who is listed as Valerie Young in the arrest report.

According to deputies, Williams says Valerie Young beat Delia with an electrical cord, leading to injuries that caused Delia’s death. The woman connected to the death of Delia Young appears in court, another arrested

Williams told detectives she witnessed Valerie Young “beating the child with an electrical cord.” After intervening to stop the beating, Williams claimed Delia Young refused medical care and retired to her room for the night. The next morning, Williams told detectives, she entered Delia Young’s room and found her dead.
Alachua County Woman Charged With Homicide In Connection With 13-Year-Old Delia Young's Disappearance - WUFT News

BBM somehow I doubt she was offered medical attention. Self serving disgusting statement right there. She intervened my hindquarters. RIP Delia

Last edited:
Delia is 13? She looks SO tiny. I can't see a 13-year-old leaving the home wearing pj's.
I agree. IMO I wasn't sure if i was allowed to comment on her appearance but for a 13 year old girl she looks extremely frail and something didn't sit well with me regarding that.

Edited:

I just can't fathom beating a child to death. The only good thing is that this poor innocence child no longer has to suffer. RIP...

Last edited:
I agree. IMO I wasn't sure if i was allowed to comment on her appearance but for a 13 year old girl she looks extremely frail and something didn't sit well with me regarding that.
Her mom (Delilah) died in 2017, so Delia was about 9. IMO In the pictures on her mom’s FB page, Delia looked healthy and happy. She was thin, but not frail like the more recent pictures.

To add insult to injury, they malign her character to say she would run away to go out with boys. Even if she did do that, she was probably looking for affection however misguided. The poor kid had learning disabilities and required medication.

How could two sisters who probably swore to their dying sister they would care for her daughter end up beating her to death? I don't believe for a minute that the child magically disappeared. If the tote was outside the house then my money is on the older sister going back to the house to dispose of Delia's body permanently. Just the most depraved way to deal with a dead child. Treating her like garbage.

They need to spend a long time in prison.

To add insult to injury, they malign her character to say she would run away to go out with boys. Even if she did do that, she was probably looking for affection however misguided. The poor kid had learning disabilities and required medication.

How could two sisters who probably swore to their dying sister they would care for her daughter end up beating her to death? I don't believe for a minute that the child magically disappeared. If the tote was outside the house then my money is on the older sister going back to the house to dispose of Delia's body permanently. Just the most depraved way to deal with a dead child. Treating her like garbage.

They need to spend a long time in prison.
I missed that about her running away to go out with boys. As if that's not normal behaviour for girls when they start liking boys. It's normal to be a little "boy crazy" at 13. I'm sure this poor child wasn't though.

Can anyone share her late mother's Facebook? I wanted to see her pictures. I could almost guess the pictures released when she was reported missing aren't very up to date.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back