Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also believe that the Judge agreed to a continuance because Lori wants to make a deal in exchange for information.

Lori has manipulated men into doing her dirty work her whole life so it wouldn't surprise me at all that she would try to blame it all on her brother and Chad.

And the only reason I can think of for the State being opposed to a continuance, is because it has no intention of making a deal with her.
The judge used the term "exigent circumstances" as the reason for the delay. Doesn't exigent mean urgent? Like something came up? I'm thinking that something is going on with Means, but he wanted it on record that he intends to remain as her lawyer.

It's already happened and she was found incompetent. The question now is, can competence be restored and how long is it going to take?
No she has not been found legally incompetent. Only the judge can do that. One report said she was incompetent. A process of more reports and hearings will now start. In the end it is up to the judge.

Last edited:
She was blond as a child (seen in Alex's tribute video). At her previous court appearance she had noticeable gray roots. I didn't see any gray yesterday, so (IMO) she must have dyed her hair. With some ingenuity - using whatever is available - inmates could do that.
I know people on both sides of my family, that were blonde as children, then their hair naturally deepened to brunette. Doubtful that she's able to obtain hair dye in jail. She's not in prison yet.

One can be mentally ill (=psychopath) but competent to stand trial, and faking the incompetency... IMHO

ITA, It was once explained to me that if someone hides a body they know what they did was wrong and therefore don't meet the definition of insanity. It is really a tough hurdle to clear with the courts. It is my opinion that Lori was very sane at the time of the murders and is now. However, I would guess that killing your kids and possibly facing the DP could affect your mental health.

I have been on every drug known to man for mental health treatment, plus a trial for ketamine and 6 rounds of electroconvulsive therapy (aka shock therapy). IMO and experience, there is no medication that would make someone unable to assist in their own defense. Make you tired? Sure. A little loopy? Sure. None of this makes sense to me and I have been determined by the government to be disabled due to my mental health. What could she actually be doing or what is she claiming as a reason she can't help her attorneys? What mental illness or disability comes on in your 50s? Granted, she could have undiagnosed illnesses from when she was younger, but she showed in so many ways she knew what she was doing was wrong and had the wherewithal to lie, manipulate and cover up everything.

Jmo

Thank you for sharing your story.

I keep thinking about how her past behavior really has nothing to do with her competency right now. I'm wondering if the sum total of her actions pushed her over the edge? While she doesn't appear to have been a perfect parent, anyone that knows her testifies she changed dramatically around the time she met Chad. Perfect storm? JMO

Last edited:
Until Means has filed an appearance as her Attorney of Record with the Court, he can turn her case over to another attorney at any time even if he says he plans to defend her.

That said, I cannot imagine anyone would want to take her on as a client.
I think he did. They clarified that at the end of the Zoom meeting.

This is odd.
Sheriff was served subpoena, it was returned today, in the filing it has an E! online article headline "

In it is a highlighted section that says - "Keith says he's heard from authorities that she "remains convinced she's on the right path". He shares ,"the stories that we have heard from her jailers are that she's reading Chad's books, she's writing him letters...." (cont'd below)

This very likely just got swept up in the complexity of this case.....but this was Keith Morrison of Dateline actually saying that they have heard directly from jailers at the jail where Lori is......
View attachment 298706
Can you elaborate more on this? What Sheriff was subpoenaed?

LV's playing the unfit for trial card in Idaho however she passed her mental evaluation test with flying colors in Gilbert when CV requested it. Since it looks like charges will be filed in Arizona, does Arizona have a not guilty for reason of insanity plea?
Just think, if AZ had found that she had a serious mental problem back then - how many people might still be alive today?

Lori had the mindset to order rings and a wedding dress before the killing of Tammy. She also transferred Tylee’s Father’s death benefits to her ( Lori) bank account before she killed Tylee $$$. Gave JJs dog back and let the babysitter go before she killed JJ. Because Kay got the life Insurance money $$$ IMO payback was to kill JJ.
This “thing” person IMO is cunning , self serving, soulless..probably always has been a shape shifter that “presents” to others what they want her to “be”.
My guess is several new ones ( esp the one that visits the woman’s center almost everyday) are caught in her web.
ETA: Money, not mental illness, drove this bus IMO!
MOO

This is odd.
Sheriff was served subpoena, it was returned today, in the filing it has an E! online article headline "

In it is a highlighted section that says - "Keith says he's heard from authorities that she "remains convinced she's on the right path". He shares ,"the stories that we have heard from her jailers are that she's reading Chad's books, she's writing him letters...." (cont'd below)

This very likely just got swept up in the complexity of this case.....but this was Keith Morrison of Dateline actually saying that they have heard directly from jailers at the jail where Lori is......
the date the article was viewed/printed was March 8, 2021
View attachment 298706

Yes, MM had asked for this from RW as a discovery request awhile back but there's no way RW would have the information. I looks like the subpoena covers all employees of the sheriffs office. MOO

No she has not been found legally incompetent. Only the judge can do that. One report said she was incompetent. A process of more reports hearings will now start. In the end it is up to the judge.

In Utah, both Wanda Barzee and David Mitchell were determined "Incompetent for Trial", and received treatment for mental illness. They were eventually deemed "Competent" to stand trial in the "Elizabeth Smart" kidnapping case.

Of course not, there are many different mental illnesses. And having mental illness does not automatically equate to being incompetent. One of them psychopathy as an example
ETA: Psychopathy is a personality disorder, not mental illness, of course. But they can very well fake mental illnesses for their own purposes. Psychopaths understand what they are doing though and distinguish right from wrong. So when we are talking about competency and faking, it's about distinguishing between severe mental illness (=incompetence) and personality disorder (=competence).
ETA2: so when you say that LV for sure has mental illness, because otherwise she wouldn't do what she did -- I respectfully disagree with this statement
Very well stated. Your explanation truly covers the distinct difference between being mentally incompetent to stand trial and Psychopaths manipulating psychologist into their game.

Since "Evil" isn't used in the mental health science, you have to establish that someone is a psychopath. IMO, this psychopath/narcissist has been clever enough to manipulate her way through life and has adapted her life to accomplish and obtain what she wants. She graduated in her goals by using men to meet her wants. When her husbands and children got in the way of her objective, she figured out a way to clear the path.

She knows exactly what she has done. Feels no remorse whatsoever. She wanted a life with Chad. She cleared the path.

She claims to be a goddess, Charles Manson claimed to be Satan. He was sent to prison on death row (until his sentence was commuted to life in prison). She needs to go straight to death row.

I know people on both sides of my family, that were blonde as children, then their hair naturally deepened to brunette. Doubtful that she's able to obtain hair dye in jail. She's not in prison yet.
How was she able to hide her gray roots?

yeah-- honestly, I think both CD and LVD would welcome the DP as it fits right in with their "End of times" mission.

I was so mad when I saw the news abut this "NOT FIT for Trial"
I call BS

I was so happy to hear update about investigation on Charles V. and all the new murder charges. Finally.

Now, I am off to keep watch on Mollit Tibbett's trial -- jury is still deliberating.
Yes. You and are signing from the same page in the hymnbook. The doomsday beliefs are "incompentent."

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member