Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she have been poisoning her (Munchausen's)?
I considered this because I can picture her doing it for both the attention and to manipulate Tylee. I even briefly wondered if JJ was truly Autistic until the family confirmed that he was. I don’t think Lori would have wanted the interaction with hospitals and doctors that Munchausen’s requires and all the documentation that goes along with it. I think she preferred to be off the radar as much as possible.

MOO he better start acting like a lawyer, not a babysitter if he is on the public dime.

What can his case notes even look like for 8 hours of sitting in a jail conference room with LVD, let alone months of such days?
Commonly lawyers charge for and explain rendered services in 6 minute intervals.

We don’t know anything more than his car has been spotted in the parking lot. We don’t know who he has visited, if anyone, on those days.

Wasn't there supposed to be an apocalypse last year in July? Wasn't she supposed to be the divinity that saved 144,000 followers?
Instead the woman went to Hawaii to frolic on a beach, or was she already arrested then?

Rather incompetent in screwing up on the "proclaimed" doomsday date, getting herself incarcerated, proven to be a fraud, a murderer, a liar, & a manipulator.

Pretending to be a zombie yourself now, isn't going to work lady.

LOL, I'm so glad you said this before I did. I'm hoping that the State has their own psychiatrist (female) do the next evaluation.

I give the mental health community (and men in general) a little more respect than that.

Fantastic post @Diddian !!! I will note that JP wanted separate and MM wanted them joined. Without question, JP is the better attorney. Maybe during that time, he was able to convince MM/LV why a separate trial would benefit LV.

From the beginning, JP made quick work to distance CD from LV as much as possible. I think JP is smart and helpful to MM but I think he cares about only CD, and rightfully so.

The other aspect is when restorative treatment began and the progress that has been made. Will obviously depend on the time of the assessment but assuming it was remotely around that time frame, I think that first block of 90 days will be in sync with continuing the case together. I'd assume the judge would be provided a pretty up to date report of what they're seeing. When dealing with my family members, there were formal items completed on "x" amount of days but they gave us constant (many times daily) as the what they were seeing, progress, etc...Maybe that's completely different in this case and what is required. I would love to learn more as that segment hits home a bit.

Great post from *you* :) What do you think about the likelihood that MM has found LV to be an incompetent client? If it’s true she is engaged in letter-writing to Chad, reading his books, spouting scripture, singing, dancing, et al., is it possible he can’t even get through to her? That could be why he seems to be spending so much time at the detention center — which by the way tells us, presumably, that she’s there and not under psychiatric care at a hospital.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but this is the first time I’m seeing. I’m curious what charges could come against MP. I think she definitely conspired, but the attempt wasn’t successful. Could AZ still charge her with conspiracy or is there a different charge? MOO

“Meanwhile, @GilbertPolice tells me the shooting investigation regarding Brandon Boudreaux, the ex-husband of Lori Vallow’s niece — is still open. The shooting happened on 10/2/19 as Boudreaux pulled into his driveway. He believes Lori’s brother Alex Cox tried to kill him.”

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1397963610140205057?s=20

Snipped for focus
Charles Vallow said she needed help, IIRC. Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow, Tylee, and JJ could theoretically all be alive if an agency had accepted Lori's "incompetence" when Mr. Vallow stated that for them....
jmho ymmv lrr

Thank you for bringing that up. It keeps crossing my mind.

@Laughing while I agree that many people would have been spared their lives, and grief. I honestly would not have been overly anxious to take the word of a husband, in the middle of a divorce or separation that his wife was crazy.

At that point in time, LVD had not been accused of neglect or abuse of her children. While she did leave and go to Hawaii, the children were not left alone. LVD didn't meet any indicators of being a danger to herself or others.

It is unfortunate, that our current system, does require that someone actually have done or said something crazy, be a danger to themselves or other people to merit a 72 hour hold for psychiatric evaluation. And I wouldn't have signed off on anything with the word of a soon to be ex.

Snipped for focus

Thank you for bringing that up. It keeps crossing my mind.

Watching the video, with young teenager Tylee clearly 'managing' Mom in that police station -- and that agency just let her walk???

What is the interview for, fellas??? Charles Vallow presented Lori as a danger to self and others.

Yes, laws, policies, and practices vary from location to location -- but as I understand US law, danger to self & others is quite basic.

Rather obvious now exactly how dangerous Lori is.

Agree completely with the up-thread poster afraid that Lori would manipulate her way out of a mental health facility. ( @mickey2942 , wasn't that you? )

Possibly enough cult Followers around to participate & hide her. (Perhaps we could coin the term Cult Vallowers? IMHO)

RIP, Tylee, JJ, Tammy, Charles, Joe Ryan...probably others

Now if (Black Widow) Lori is incompetent, does this open the door for the Woodcocks, &/or Tylee's aunt, or Tammy's family, to action against the Gilbert & Chandler PDs?

Charles Vallow said she needed help, IIRC. Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow, Tylee, and JJ could theoretically all be alive if an agency had accepted Lori's "incompetence" when Mr. Vallow stated that for them....

jmho ymmv lrr
Lori also supposedly visited a mental health community center there after receiving advice about how to proactively do so from the kind officer who was interviewing her (and TR and MG) after CV took her purse and phone. Lori claimed to MG that she was evaluated there and determined to be of sound mind.

So, did the mental health folks at that community center screw up? Or, did she not really go there and then lied to MG about it? Or, was she evaluated and found fine and what this is is not mental incompetence; it is intense fear at FINALLY, FOR ONCE being exposed and held to account for her actions?

I vote door #2 and the second half of door #3.

LV is declared incompetent. Her lawyer is deemed by many, including the prosecuting attorney, to be incompetent in this case. What a pair!

As a side note, I wonder if she will be on suicide watch. CD too.

BBM- Serious stuff in my opinion. Can you imagine? I just had this happen with a family member. I'm very familiar with the staffing issues at correctional facilities. I have zero info in regards to Rexburg but on a whole, correctional facilities simply can't keep up. They're understaffed, underpaid and it's not getting better.

Just publicly accessible now.
Back in March 8, 2021, Lori’s fitness to proceed was drawn into question by her counsel. After a psychological assessment, the Court determined at this time the defendant is not competent to proceed and recommends restorative treatment.
If someone is so incompetent they wouldn’t comprehend the charges read to them in court, how can they be competent enough to to aid in their defense? This is not a recent mental break caused by newest charges—defense has contended for months she’s incompetent. Yet during this time MM has spent almost all day, almost every day at the woman’s detention center “working w/Lori on her case”.

Either she’s not incompetent and simply faking it to delay justice, or Means has been racking up billable hours “working” with a client unable to contribute to their defense.
Learning her trial has been on hold for months because she’s mentally unfit to continue, seems to me Mark Means should be investigated for exploiting his client to rack up billable hours.

Now that she’s been declared indigent and the good taxpayers of Idaho are footing Mean’s bills, IMO a formal complaint is in order. To protect the interests of the mentally ill, taxpayers and justice in general someone should file one, and soon.

Last edited:
Well, there wasn't even a history yet developing with Lori and Chad for one when Charles died. By the time anyone even realized, including Kay & Larry, there was a series of events, months apart until you establish a timeline. Charles calling the police in another county, Gilbert. wasn't connected until later on. These are large counties btw. Chandler didn't know the day AC killed CV. They did start investigating per MSM, the first week of August. Lori booked by the end of the month with AC and children. Then Brandon (early Oct), he added more to the crews baggage but they were in Idaho. AZ didn't know until Kay called in Oct. but had been investigating. Between that time JJ & Tylee had been murdered & buried at Chad's, Tammy had been shot at, then died out of nowhere in Idaho. Then the bad mouthing Chandler police started like we all and they knew what had been going on but it came out bit by bit until then.

They sent the case to Maricopa DA. today. For that I feel they have a case.

I'd sit down and read it all again. jmo

Last edited:
Yeah, we've put people to death who plucked out their own eyeballs due to hallucinations or who have an IQ in the barely double-digits. The standard for criminal insanity or incompetence is outrageously high. You must not be able to understand the charges against you and/or not grasp why what you did is wrong/illegal to qualify. This is why there are so many death row opponents <modsnip>

This is highly unusual is all I can say.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Psychologist wife says restorative efforts for competence could be achieved fairly quick. She says the vast majority are treated with medication and competent within 90 days.
I sure hope she’s right. Somehow I think the court will soon be informed Miss Vallow has turned out to be a rare outlier who simply doesn’t respond to medication. A true medical mystery.

Someone please pull the wheels of justice out of this mud! Or is it manure?

I'm sure she was delusional before. I wouldn't be surprised if she lost her marbles when the reality of the charges hit. But this started back in early March. Could it be traced back to a specific trigger? Tammy's autopsy results or something from the discovery?
Trigger Schmigger. The incompetence claim is all a crock IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member