A message from the MCCans

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrinkydink

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kate and Gerry McCann have thanked the public for the support they have received since their daughter Madeleine went missing.

The couple issued a statement saying they had received thousands of letters. "Kate and Gerry McCann today expressed their profound thanks and gratitude to all of those who have shown them their support over the last 136 days," the statement said. "Kate and Gerry have received thousands of letters from around the world, and the numbers continue to grown week on week.
"They are comforted knowing that Madeleine remains in people's hearts and prayers."

The statement came as the couple attended mass in their home town of Rothley for the first time since returning from Portugal. The couple walked hand in hand from their home to The Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart. Their twins, Amelie and Sean, walked a few minutes ahead of them with other family members to avoid being filmed or photographed.

The couple were followed by photographers and camera crews as they made their way from the house. After the hour-long service, Mr McCann released a short statement saying: "It was comforting to be amongst friends and family praying for Madeleine today. "We thank them for their continued support."

Special catholic prayers, including a bidding and a rosary prayer, were said for Madeleine during the service. The pair are under intense media scrutiny at the moment following a week of fevered reporting and speculation in both the Portuguese and British press.

They are officially being treated as suspects by Portuguese police in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine. The four-year-old went missing on May 3 from the family's holiday apartment in Portugal.

:: Richard Branson has pledged to give the McCanns £100,000 in legal fees if they are charged.

The McCanns are at it again. This time, they used their twins. "The twins walked ahead of the McCanns......" This was just another staged McCann event. There was no reason for the 2 year old twins to go to mass at all. The twins should have been cared for at home and the family members should have attended separate services.

The statement came as the couple attended mass in their home town of Rothley for the first time since returning from Portugal. The couple walked hand in hand from their home to The Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart. Their twins, Amelie and Sean, walked a few minutes ahead of them with other family members to avoid being filmed or photographed.

Never saw a couple in their situation that likes the media as much as they do.

Me, either, Sleuthy. They sure do love the limelight, but only if it makes them look good.

Well, judging by Mr. Gerry appearances ( particularly his waving to the masses and reporters) you would swear is Tom Cruise ready to release his new movie.

I find it heartening, myself, how well the McCanns are holding up. Obviously any negative emotional opinions expressed by others have not affected them in the least, since they have reportedly received such overwhelming support.

Gosh, I do wonder how the press knew which Mass service they would be attending?

That's a very generous donor. Hopefully, they won't need a legal fund. Perhaps Maddie will be found, one way or the other.

I find it heartening, myself, how well the McCanns are holding up. Obviously any negative emotional opinions expressed by others have not affected them in the least, since they have reportedly received such overwhelming support.

Gosh, I do wonder how the press knew which Mass service they would be attending?

It's almost like they were tipped off by the McCann camp themself.

Never saw a couple in their situation that likes the media as much as they do.

Me neither.
If they really did not want the twins subjected to the media, they would not have sent them to the same service with family... but yet, sent them to a different service or they would have stayed home with family. They LOVE the attention this is bringing them... they think it is bringing sympathy.

At our Masses, the two-year-olds usually end up in the cry room halfway through the service.

Unless their parents have doped them. ;(

Honestly, everything they are doing is for media attention hoping to slant the investigation the other way. Away from them as in they can't be guilty because they are at church with their twins and in their home town with their friends and away from anything that connects them to Maddie's disappearance. I know that is brutal but it is the way I see it.

At our Masses, the two-year-olds usually end up in the cry room halfway through the service.

They make it to halfway? LOL

I can always tell when Communion approaches in our church, because the noise level goes up dramatically as the children leave the cry room.

Again, if the McCanns don't want to the media attention, all they have to do is attend the early service.

It's not their attending church that bothers me. It's arranging to make sure the media is present and snapping away photos.

LOL! I'm not a Catholic but I'm sure that most people who bring young children don't have anyone at home to care for them.

Actually, if the McCanns didn't want the media attention, they'd tell the press they were attending a service and go to a different one.

I wonder if the McCanns were regular attenders of Mass before Madeline's disappearance. Not that people shouldn't turn to such things in a tragedy.

Honestly, everything they are doing is for media attention hoping to slant the investigation the other way. Away from them as in they can't be guilty because they are at church with their twins and in their home town with their friends and away from anything that connects them to Maddie's disappearance. I know that is brutal but it is the way I see it.

Because I know you I am posting here.

AT this point I think DADDY is responsible for the the whole deal.
Mama has Hate in her eyes. He is a controlling husband, think's he's special. Bad vibes with marriage. Possibly swingers. maybe not.

xxxxxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I wonder if the McCanns were regular attenders of Mass before Madeline's disappearance. Not that people shouldn't turn to such things in a tragedy.

According to family members, Kate was more religious than Gerry before Madeleine disappeared. But we don't know how religious.

LOL! I'm not a Catholic but I'm sure that most people who bring young children don't have anyone at home to care for them.

Obviously this has never stopped the McCanns. They just leave them home alone.

Actually, if the McCanns didn't want the media attention, they'd tell the press they were attending a service and go to a different one.
Being Catholic they can also request having the service and Communion brought to them in time of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni