GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it good practice to poll jurors. There was the Trial of victim Jessica (Chambers?) jury reached a verdict. When polled they didn't understand apparently!!!??? Some said yes some said no to the guilt. Bizarre to say the least.

I really expected killer to show some sort of emotion for himself. Perhaps his Lawyers had him well prepared he would likely be found Guilty
He's known all along that he's guilty so maybe it didn't come as much of a surprise. I think he realized he didn't have a chance after the prosecutor's closing argument. He looked defeated.

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Brown says he feels CBR’s story probably helped the prosecution’s case. @KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
[URL='https://twitter.com/CGothnerKCCI/status/1398356704480354305']2:13 PM · May 28, 2021 from Davenport, IA·Twitter for iPhone

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
@DMRMorris: Do you think if he told that story from the start, it would have changed the investigation? Klaver: Officers involved would not have ignored that. He hid the body, which was a crime unto itself. @KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
2:14 PM · May 28, 2021 from Davenport, IA·Twitter for iPhone
[/URL]

I doubt it, he just needs counseling and go on . I have pain for him

Im in my early 30s. I can’t fathom being in his shoes. Making Sargent in the Army iirc from a few days ago is phenomenal. He’s in a much better place than I’d be if I was in his shoes. I commend him entirely for that. Having said that….yes he’ll need massive amounts of therapy and I say that to keep him from the depths I feel I’d be if I was him.

MAY 28, 2021
Mollie Tibbetts case: Farm worker found guilty of killing University of Iowa student - CNN
A 26-year-old farm worker was found guilty of first-degree murder Friday in the abduction and fatal stabbing of college student Mollie Tibbetts in July 2018.

The verdict comes nearly three years after the body of the 20-year-old woman was found in an Iowa cornfield.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera, wearing headphones as interpreters translated the decision, stood in court and nodded slightly as the verdict was announced. Sentencing was set for July 15.

[...]

at the presser the defense attorneys saying he had that story since 2018. Anyone believe them?
Yeah, I actually kind of do. I feel like the defense's case was built entirely around it. Maybe the lawyers helped him fill in some holes, and probably warned him about the cracks in his story, but I have trouble believing that his legal team would contrive the masked men themselves. A better story would have put the third party in during the void in time where nobody knew what was going on - when the vehicle stopped right before her phone went off. Since nobody knows when or where she died, that might have been their only opening. Yes, that would have still made him guilty of kidnapping or whatnot, but preferable over murder one. I don't know...

It's why I said earlier that if I were them I would have hired protection for Iris and daughter right away. Maybe not because I believed him, but to help give his crap story merit at trial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member