GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUILTY: Killer farm worker Cristhian Rivera murdered Mollie Tibbetts, hid her in cornfield [SEE IT]
An Iowa jury on Friday found Cristhian Rivera guilty of murdering slain jogger, Mollie Tibbetts. Under state law, he’ll be sentenced to life in prison.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, 20-year-old Tibbetts was out for a jog in Brooklyn, Iowa, in July 2018, and was never seen alive again. Rivera later told investigators that he spotted Tibbetts jogging near Middle and Boundary Streets, and slowed down and started following her in his black Chevrolet Malibu.

I’m a bit miffed at Ms Frese talking about Mollie and repeatedly saying it was “bizarre” she was kidnapped and left in a cornfield. It’s not “bizarre”. It’s tragic. And the tragedy was caused by her client. And Ms Freze’s ridiculous defense that added to that tragedy. So what I would like to say to her is “shut up”!

Presser - Prosecutor:

Feel great - it's the right decision
The family is pleased with the verdict.

3 core elements of the case (car video, confession, and blood in the trunk) are why they prevailed.

Once CBR took the stand - they could discuss more of him leading them to the body.

They were NOT expecting CBR's story-- but not surprised he took the stand.

Attorney Scott Brown's eyes are full of tears while he's speaking... very human.

Investigators had no reason to collect buccal swabs from neighbors, non-suspects! They had the car video and changed the course.

Upset they were criticized for pulling in all resources from all agencies.

Attorneys have not slept all week during this trial. No slam dunks and always a concern for the family.

Sense of relief for all involved. It's been a long time coming.

Every case is a learning lesson. Mollie's case was 100% digital. Paperless trial (first for Brown).

Comment on defense wanting to appeal - Brown thinks CBR testifying removes some of the suppression evidence issues.

Dalton Jack's polygraph was deemed inconclusive. It meant nothing to them -- tests are not admissible in court for a reason.

Put it out of your mind: Dalton Jack did not commit this murder, period. (Brown is irritated now).

I’m a bit miffed at Ms Frese talking about Mollie and repeatedly saying it was “bizarre” she was kidnapped and left in a cornfield. It’s not “bizarre”. It’s tragic. And the tragedy was caused by her client. And Ms Freze’s ridiculous defense that added to that tragedy. So what I would like to say to her is “shut up”!
Me too.

Presser - Prosecutor:

Feel great - it's the right decision
The family is pleased with the verdict.

3 core elements of the case (car video, confession, and blood in the trunk) are why they prevailed.

Once CBR took the stand - they could discuss more of him leading them to the body.

They were NOT expecting CBR's story-- but not surprised he took the stand.

Attorney Scott Brown's eyes are full of tears while he's speaking... very human.

Investigators had no reason to collect buccal swabs from neighbors, non-suspects! They had the car video and changed the course.

Upset they were criticized for pulling in all resources from all agencies.

Attorneys have not slept all week during this trial. No slam dunks and always a concern for the family.

Sense of relief for all involved. It's been a long time coming.

Every case is a learning lesson. Mollie's case was 100% digital. Paperless trial (first for Brown).

Comment on defense wanting to appeal - Brown thinks CBR testifying removes some of the suppression evidence issues.

Dalton Jack's polygraph was deemed inconclusive. It meant nothing to them -- tests are not admissible in court for a reason.

Put it out of your mind: Dalton Jack did not commit this murder, period. (Brown is irritated now).
Thank you for summarizing, Seattle1. I got so choked up when I saw those tears! MOO

Nobody really wins here. Both sides of the families are going to be devistated. So much pain on both sides. I hope that the Rivera family will find healing as well. As well as Molly's family
Nobody really wins here. Both sides of the families are going to be devistated. So much pain on both sides. I hope that the Rivera family will find healing as well. As well as Molly's family

I disagree. I feel like many people win. This waste of oxygen will not be free to roam around murdering other innocent victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie