Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to think the PE guys got the idea that BM was on the dark web from somewhere, and they are an approved source here on WS. IIRC, when they were approved as a source, we were told it was up to the individual if we believe them or not. Just like any MSM.

I choose to believe them. If they want to continue their presence in true crime on their channels, I doubt they would be making stuff up out of whole cloth.

MOO
I agree! @ProfilingEvil has years of experience profiling murderers. PE has kept the online community engaged hoping to find justice for SM,
while LE was keeping everything under raps, as they should. The 2, CM & MK often have far more information than they divulge to the listeners. I do listen to their channels as often as possible, learning a lot. MOO Kudos to both Mike and Chris. I think they’re both assets to the online true crime community.
My 2 centavos
MOO

I hope they have both in this case. Circumstantial evidence can be considered by a jury as guilt as long as it is not also consistent with innocence. In my mind that would be circumstances that are easily explained and not out of the ordinary. So I am much looking forward
to the details in the affidavits.

I think there was probably enough circumstantial evidence to have arrested BM very soon after Suzanne was reported missing but LE wanted to find and gather enough evidence to make a very secure prosecution case.

I do not think the evidence they have could be consistent with innocence.

@TKG Thanks for clearing up the 10,000 pages. One detail solved.

I see Lauren Scharf (Fox News) went back and made the correction.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
May 27

*Over 10,000 pages of police reports. The Judge gave the state until Wednesday to provide the hard drive with the discovery to the defense counsel.

Last edited:
This is the video where MK mentions the dark web

At just past 24 minutes in: we've been digging deep into social media platforms and others as we continue to search this out, we've been in both the uh, open web, and the dark web, and we would encourage law enforcement if they don't know how to search the dark web, reach out to us and let us help you because there are organizations that will work only with law enforcement to help you explore the dark web and explore things that people think they've hidden away. We've been able to find a lot of that, and it's been very interesting to us, and it's helped us to continue to focus in on where we think things are going.

It's not about choosing to believe MK or not, it's that he's not involved in the investigation from the inside, so his opinions and thoughts don't have the same authority as if he were in Spezze's shoes - and said the same thing. I think that's a very important distinction to make, as last evening's confusion sort of pointed out.
Last night’s confusion was OP stated something as fact being divulged by LE through a press conference. I spent 45 minutes this morning re-watching CCSO presser and rereading press releases trying to find it. I knew all along PE guys had mentioned it originally. I just somehow figured I had overlooked it.
MOO Everything carries more weight if it comes from LE, DA, or Court Filings, obviously.

I think there was probably enough circumstantial evidence to have arrested BM very soon after Suzanne was reported missing but LE wanted to find and gather enough evidence to make a very secure prosecution case.

I agree! I think LE would have been ready to make an arrest the first week of SM missing, but they needed to stuff the envelope as AM says. There was N.O.T.H.I.N.G. BM said or did in the last year that helped him appear or seem innocent. Every time he opened his mouth he dug a deeper hole, imho. My 2 cents

I agree! I think LE would have been ready to make an arrest the first week of SM missing, but they needed to stuff the envelope as AM says. There was N.O.T.H.I.N.G. BM said or did in the last year that helped him appear or seem innocent. Every time he opened his mouth he dug a deeper hole, imho. My 2 cents

BBM

It's the deeper holes he dug with a Bobcat that worry me the most.

JMO

He didn’t say much publicly which is what will make it interesting for all of us.

@TKG Thanks for clearing up the 10,000 pages. One detail solved.

I see Lauren Scharf (Fox News) went back and made the correction.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
May 27

*Over 10,000 pages of police reports. The Judge gave the state until Wednesday to provide the hard drive with the discovery to the defense counsel.

Lauren is such a professional! I am so grateful we have her working on this case!

He didn’t say much publicly which is what will make it interesting for all of us.

I really think that knowing what BM has not said would make it interesting for me,I can not speak for us all.
I have been very open minded about different scenarios and still am ,but there has been nothing that has been publicly released that has given any other plausible explanation for Suzanne 's disappearance.

If new information was presented I would be more than happy to consider it as I am sure any juror would do in BT's trial.

IMO, they were trying to find SM's remains before an arrest.

IMO, when it became apparent BM was getting ready to run, LE's hand was forced and they needed to arrest BM.

In addition to the fear of BM running, arresting BM might entice a lot more people to talk to LE.

Calculated Risk..

IMO, when it became apparent BM was getting ready to run, LE's hand was forced and they needed to arrest BM.

In addition to the fear of BM running, arresting BM might entice a lot more people to talk to LE.

Calculated Risk..

We are on the same page here. ITA^^

I also believe the sale of the PP home and new owners will come in to play during the case. IMO

Last edited:

Prosecutors would not use anything that could be called into question or the jury will need to ignore.

Calculated Risk..

If he was getting ready to leave, I wonder if the FBI's recent (April 22) interview of him had anything to do with it. Wondering how much they asked him about Suzanne's disappearance at that meeting. I know there's not much spelled out about the interview in the forgery/voter fraud arrest affidavit, but the timing of that interview and his May 5 arrest is interesting. JMO.

If he was getting ready to leave, I wonder if the FBI's recent (April 22) interview of him had anything to do with it. Wondering how much they asked him about Suzanne's disappearance at that meeting. I know there's not much spelled out about the interview in the forgery/voter fraud arrest affidavit, but the timing of that interview and his May 5 arrest is interesting. JMO.

Maybe the FBI had a profile done of the killer. If they did, I’d guess our guy fit the profile very well. So they pulled together everything they had up until they spoke with BM. He must has filled in the last few bits of missing profile details. So FBI moved on it before he disappeared to Belize or France.
Hmm. Maybe the profile included the odds of the murderer leaving the area as opposed to continuing to stay in the area.

If I killed my spouse, I would not be talking to anyone. He’s beyond arrogant thinking he could convince FBI or any other LE that he had nothing to do with it. But then, generally, criminals are not known for their intelligence, are they?

BBM

It's the deeper holes he dug with a Bobcat that worry me the most.

JMO

Graphic alert:
I’m of the opinion he dismembered her, put her in all those missing coolers, and dropped her remains into different mine shafts. I don’t think he drove cross country dropping off her remains but at this point because there is nothing of her remains located, maybe he did drop her off like that. LA sheriff clean up crew found a head the other day, from San Antonio, but no body. That’s a pretty long drive…

Graphic alert:
I’m of the opinion he dismembered her, put her in all those missing coolers, and dropped her remains into different mine shafts. I don’t think he drove cross country dropping off her remains but at this point because there is nothing of her remains located, maybe he did drop her off like that. LA sheriff clean up crew found a head the other day, from San Antonio, but no body. That’s a pretty long drive…
Although I don’t doubt your thoughts do we even know if a cooler of any size would fit within a mine shaft? Hubby is asleep but I will inquire with him tomorrow. I know he has suggested that people could easily grow pot in a mine shaft based on some previous suspicion of BM being involved in something nefarious and illegal that seems to suggest there would be ample room for people to go underground to do so and maybe it’s not a stretch to think that large items could be placed within. IDK I only know that messing with a mine sight would be both risky and dangerous. IMO

Graphic alert:
Maybe dismemberment, but what vehicle to get to any remote place? Has to be the old RR, was it seized for search to look at the trace evidence of its travels?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member