Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking news: Mr Wilbur and Mrs Gertrude Mountainlion wish to announce that they will give a press conference tomorrow at 2pm, at the 3rd tree beyond the dry creek bed near the rusted abandoned Chevy. Will also be available for photographs.

Last edited:
It seems that Jeff Lindsey, one of the prosecutors in this case, was fired from his last position in El Paso County, CO, by the elected DA. He was one of two staff who were fired ... no public reason given.

Could just be a butting of heads, or something political. Because now there are, and have been, other staff leaving - of their own volition - from working for that elected DA.

Allen also fired former Chief Deputy District Attorney Jeffrey Lindsey, who now works in Chaffee County where he is among three prosecutors assigned to the case against Barry Morphew in the disappearance of his wife, Suzanne Morphew.
Longtime El Paso County prosecutor resigns after demotion

Graphic alert:
I’m of the opinion he dismembered her, put her in all those missing coolers, and dropped her remains into different mine shafts. I don’t think he drove cross country dropping off her remains but at this point because there is nothing of her remains located, maybe he did drop her off like that. LA sheriff clean up crew found a head the other day, from San Antonio, but no body. That’s a pretty long drive…

In this scenario, you have HR in several coolers, being disposed of in several locations, drastically increasing the chances of discovery. The coolers are also identifiable back to the owner. This scenario sounds like a huge risk all around, compared to a whole body being buried at a single remote location. IMO

In this scenario, you have HR in several coolers, being disposed of in several locations, drastically increasing the chances of discovery. The coolers are also identifiable back to the owner. This scenario sounds like a huge risk all around, compared to a whole body being buried at a single remote location. IMO

Pretty much the same dynamic with the wood chipper idea that was brought up many times. If a disposal method actually creates more evidence scattered in multiple places, one would assume a killer wouldn't go that route. But, we do know that some have (disposed of parts in several areas), despite how stupid it is.

jmo

Bleaching everything leads me to suspect he did not just strangle her. There was blood. And there were NO coolers in the house, garage etc. Several hunters remarked very early on that missing coolers for a hunter was out of the ordinary. I’m trying to wrap up loose clues into a picture. But agreed that disposing of one body rather than several pieces of a body is a better move from a forensic point of view. But this guy is a hunter. He knows how to dress an animal after a kill. It would not take him a long time nor would he be apprehensive about blood, organs, bones or anything else. Whichever method he chose, it has worked so far. We have no idea where she is buried. I’m guessing it’s a site very familiar to him from his previous hunting trips.

It seems that Jeff Lindsey, one of the prosecutors in this case, was fired from his last position in El Paso County, CO, by the elected DA. He was one of two staff who were fired ... no public reason given.

Could just be a butting of heads, or something political. Because now there are, and have been, other staff leaving - of their own volition - from working for that elected DA.

Allen also fired former Chief Deputy District Attorney Jeffrey Lindsey, who now works in Chaffee County where he is among three prosecutors assigned to the case against Barry Morphew in the disappearance of his wife, Suzanne Morphew.
I believe the keyword here is "elected" District Attorney. El Paso County was previously led by term-limited Dan May-- a true professional with an excellent reputation. There's nothing unusual about a new administration's first order of business to make room for their own-- as others resign in due time. Michael Allen was sworn in on January 12, 2021 -- seems things are going according to schedule. MOO

El Paso County DA Michael Allen ushers in early changes from Dan May era

Graphic alert:
I’m of the opinion he dismembered her, put her in all those missing coolers, and dropped her remains into different mine shafts. I don’t think he drove cross country dropping off her remains but at this point because there is nothing of her remains located, maybe he did drop her off like that. LA sheriff clean up crew found a head the other day, from San Antonio, but no body. That’s a pretty long drive…
It shocked everyone when 11 yr old Colorado boy, Gannon Stauch, body was found in Florida. His accused murderer, his step mom, had dropped his body (stuffed in a suitcase) off a bridge, missing the water, and highway worker found him. It’s just hard to say where SM could be. I know BM certainly was protecting Puma Path like a crazy man, blocking the road to his home with barriers, setting up trail cams and walking around with a shotgun over his shoulder warning searchers not to walk on his property. I think I recall hearing he would go up in the mountains looking down on PP and spy on LE while the home was locked down during the 1st search warrant. Can’t remember where I read/heard that now. Anyone else recall that?
MOO
EBM

Last edited:

That’s behind a paywall for me. I’ve reached my limit on free articles from the Gazette. I’ll look it up from another source. Really curious about this development. I like DA Allen. He’s got Letecia Stauch’s case coming up. Wonder what the heck is going on in El Paso County? Thx for posting.

ITA. Occam's Razor. BM is a dirt guy who digs big holes for a living.

Bleaching everything leads me to suspect he did not just strangle her. There was blood. And there were NO coolers in the house, garage etc. Several hunters remarked very early on that missing coolers for a hunter was out of the ordinary. I’m trying to wrap up loose clues into a picture. But agreed that disposing of one body rather than several pieces of a body is a better move from a forensic point of view. But this guy is a hunter. He knows how to dress an animal after a kill. It would not take him a long time nor would he be apprehensive about blood, organs, bones or anything else. Whichever method he chose, it has worked so far. We have no idea where she is buried. I’m guessing it’s a site very familiar to him from his previous hunting trips.
Yes the idea that she was moved etc. etc. brings up many questions for me. The only thought I had was the girls had the coolers but if the coolers play a role in the prosecutors case I am sure we will find out. I keep thinking back to Frazee. An eyewitness said he burned the body although she never saw the body but I still think he burned evidence and the body is buried since he had access to excavators and the ranch land was so remote no one would have seen or heard anything. But without eye witness in this case makes me wonder just how they are going to tie this up as first degree.

ITA.
Occam's Razor. BM is a dirt guy who digs big holes for a living.
BBM ^^^^ For sure! Hunter, landscaper, rock mover, hole digger, tree grower surrounded by thousands of acres of rocks, trees and wild animals, with his bobcat in tow always. He was in his “comfort zone”. He’s in a “concrete cage” now! He still thinks he can get away with it bc she hasn’t been found, imo. I wonder what happened to the elk carcass from the “roadkill elk” BM cut the rack off AM referred to? She could have been hidden inside the elk carcass he cut the rack from.
MOO

Lauren always hits the mark but this is quoted incorrectly.

I was watching and listening. I also went back and watched Scott Reisch's play by play and the lead prosecutor clearly says "over 10,000 pages of police reports" etc.. The word pages is omitted and for context it's important.

LS corrected it in her next tweet:

*Over 10,000 pages of police reports. The Judge gave the state until Wednesday to provide the hard drive with the discovery to the defense counsel.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1398051209366409222?s=21

I am really confused about the AA. Can't news agencies sue to have these records released and have that case heard before the August court date?
The Managing Editor at the Denver Post says they have:

The @denverpost and 10 other Colorado news orgs have filed a motion opposing the defense's request to keep this arrest affidavit sealed — even though our attorney can't read the defense's motion because it, too, is sealed

https://twitter.com/mattsebastian/status/1398052872281939976?s=21

This whole scenario of possibly dismembering Suzanne has never made sense to me. I can certainly see A cooler for disposal, used like a suitcase. But not several. Why would anyone do that just because they can? It would just be spreading the evidence around, expanding the crime scene and greatly increasing the chances of Suzanne being identified. DNA can be drawn from skeletal remains for years.

If that turns out to be the case, extremely macabre and serves no purpose other than vengeance IMO.

The girls returned the same night as Barry. The vehicles and house confiscated as far as I’ve read. If the girls had coolers, it would not been an issue of discussion with Andy later. Andy was in Maysville the next day helping to search. From what we know the investigators showed up in Indiana later, early July, and talked with Andy.

The fact that there wasn't A cooler I do find suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member