Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a godly man and he'd never do the things they're suggesting.

Except that it's looking like he did.

So there's that.

JMO

You know how it is, if you're not godly when you do the crime, you find jesus when you do the time. I guess he's a lot easier to find without all those distractions.

*wink wink*

LE thought/knew from red flags from the get go this wasn't a "missing person" case?... iykwim, and worked with DA and higher ups in PD to ensure all was by the book? MOO It will be interesting to find the timing of all the search warrants.

As in some other cases here, they SIEZE an article, such as a car or cell phone, but don't SEARCH it until the warrant. MOO

Look no further than Gannon Stauch and Letecia. Both Colorado cases, same year, and called in as missing persons. No immediate seizure of any property in Gannon's case. They knew something was up in the Morphew case.

Nothing like pointing at finger directly at himself - by not immediately authorising a search of the home. I wonder what lame reason he gave for that.

RSBM...
"Listen...you need to wait a day or so. Suzanne was a lousy cleaner, the bleach will burn you eyes."

We know MG was interviewed by LE multiple times. Can we assume the same for JP and CC?
I believe CC is the only one of the three to refuse speaking with a reporter.
I feel sorry for all three of these "pawns."(MOO)
If I were in any of their shoes I believe I would be scared, not knowing ATM whether or not BM will get out on bail. And then not knowing if he will eventually be tucked away with a sentence of LWOP.
How do these three sleep at night with all of these unknowns?
I'm sure the arrest was music to their ears...but there are still so many miles to go before they can each breathe a sigh of relief.

Justice for Suzanne cannot happen fast enough.
MOO

What I meant is, the house may have been made available to investigators by the new owners at a greater level of access than the search warrant allowed.
That it was a recent change that may have resulted in new physical evidence.
the fact that it was purchased by an LLC is kind of curious too, but i do realize it’s not uncommon to buy homes under an entity to protect it or for tax advantages or something over my head (unfortunately).

They didn’t wait 11 days to search the home. They locked the house down until they could secure the warrant. Once warrant was secured, they searched the home for 11 days. Reportedly, BM stayed with a friend while LE held the home and searched it. The home was released back to BM on or around May 26th. (See link below).
So LE secured the warrant a few days after SM was reported “missing”, which makes total sense as it would take a couple, few days to get a Judge to sign off on a probable cause search warrant.

BREAKING: Colorado police release missing Suzanne Morphew’s home back to her family, sources say

snipped for focus

This is exactly right and I'm not sure how any other story ever got into these threads. They had a warrant. They held the house and searched it for 11 days. On many of those days, local media showed the investigators at the house.

They also had a warrant to search at the work site and a warrant to break through the concrete at the beach work site.

They also closed down the highway that runs by Puma Path for at least half a day and clearly had warrants to search various places along that route (including the fire camp).

And didn't Spezze say there were over 100 warrants altogether?

I believe they had a warrant to search that house on the night she went missing. Barry has said he was asked to provide an item of Suzanne's for the sniffer dogs (so I assume someone accompanied him into the house, and I wonder if it smelled like bleach at the time).

The Fire Chief said that BM was staying at a friend's house, and that house can be seen in various pictures (it's GD's house) in which Barry is standing near his truck outside the house. I also believe GD's house to be the place where Barry's video was produced. The Fire Chief said Barry spent his time pacing and looking out the window.

Oh, okay. Well that is a surprise. I would have thought that in a missing persons case time would have been of the essence, to find any clues.
Waiting several days for a search warrant (as is said to have happened in this case) could delay finding the missing person, surely.

Where are people getting the idea that LE had to wait "several days" for a basic search warrant? How. would we know that? They didn't let him back in the house (said Barry) and I believe that's likely to be true.

I believe one was issued that very day (May 10), which would be quite normal procedure in CO. Then, I believe they wanted devices and computers (to take them from the house), for that, another warrant would be prudent.

If they wanted to take apart some part of the house (plumbing is the most common), then another warrant for that, because it could cause harm to some parts of the house. There have been persistent rumors that something was lifted up in the kitchen (tile or flooring or something). Probably another warrant for that, because again, it's causing damage and that type of damage might not be reparable (and it's my understanding that LE doesn't pay for the repairs when there's a search warrant).

They needed a warrant to tow in his truck (which they did - I believe that was on about day 5-6). To my knowledge, the Bobcat was never towed but was roped off with crime scene tape. I do not know about the other two cars and whether they were towed (I don't think so - there were numerous drone flyovers, some of them by FoxNews in Colorado Springs and you can see that the other two cars seem to stay put).

Where are people getting the idea that LE had to wait "several days" for a basic search warrant? How. would we know that? They didn't let him back in the house (said Barry) and I believe that's likely to be true.

I believe one was issued that very day (May 10), which would be quite normal procedure in CO. Then, I believe they wanted devices and computers (to take them from the house), for that, another warrant would be prudent.

If they wanted to take apart some part of the house (plumbing is the most common), then another warrant for that, because it could cause harm to some parts of the house. There have been persistent rumors that something was lifted up in the kitchen (tile or flooring or something). Probably another warrant for that, because again, it's causing damage and that type of damage might not be reparable (and it's my understanding that LE doesn't pay for the repairs when there's a search warrant).

They needed a warrant to tow in his truck (which they did - I believe that was on about day 5-6). To my knowledge, the Bobcat was never towed but was roped off with crime scene tape. I do not know about the other two cars and whether they were towed (I don't think so - there were numerous drone flyovers, some of them by FoxNews in Colorado Springs and you can see that the other two cars seem to stay put).

Assuming LE is responsible for the yellow tape on the Bobcat, I want to know WHEN they taped it off. If it was that day, early, before Barry wasn't allowed back in, then it's not likely he had THAT Bobcat in Broomfield where he moved some dirt around. It's also worth noting, if LE roped off the Bobcat, why DIDN'T they rope off the trailer? Or.... wasn't the trailer THERE when the Bobcat got taped off?

And anyway, was it the Bobcat being taped off or was the Bobcat simply a convenient object, creating a crime scene boundary over that rock work?

All JMO

Drone footage from NBC 9News

Screen grab from same.

Lauren Scharf on the Broomfield project

Attachments

• jcxg4x5e2un51.jpg
    jcxg4x5e2un51.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 28
...They also closed down the highway that runs by Puma Path for at least half a day and clearly had warrants to search various places along that route (including the fire camp)...
I just watched a crime show yesterday, "True Conviction" where the police shut down a highway for a number of hours looking for the murder victim's phone.

They were able to track the phone by pings to a certain area; however, because of traffic noise on the highway, they were not able to locate it.

The highway was shut down to silence the noise from the cars. Then, they dialed the phone and could hear it ringing and were able to find the victim's phone.

Perhaps, that is what they were doing in Suzanne's case. Maybe, they were able to track her phone to a certain area and were looking for it. Perhaps, the AA will mention why this highway was closed for a period of time.

Here's the case to which I am referring. Murder of Terry Camper by wife Beatrice Camper and her lover John Murray examined on True Conviction

JMO.

I wonder why they would wait 11 days before searching the house if they had found something that important. During Andy's search, Chris said LE could obtain a warrant by telephone almost immediately if they had enough probable cause. That was when the cadaver dogs made hits at the beach and on Barry's properties, but they turned out to be false.

I don't know which he said could be used for absorption, but corn absorbs water, while burlap is moisture resistant. Over time it might absorb fluids, though. I'm not sure how either one would affect decomposition. Imo

My guess is the searching and processing took longer due to the small town law enforcement probably lacking experience and confidence in conducting that type of search. The processing of evidence would probably take longer as well. They probably were being extra careful to dot their “i”s and cross their “t”s.

There have been so many unconfirmed reports floating around this case, I have pretty much backed off from attempting to formulate a theory I can get behind. Even the speculation that Suzanne was a victim of DV is difficult for me to endorse, because there seems to be more evidence to the contrary, prior to her disappearance.

Last edited:
I like CM, and I certainly appreciate his experience as LE.
I just wish he'd stick to the facts and leave the speculation, rumors & riddles out of it.

jmo
CM certainly has his own “style” as a profiler/investigator. I feel the riddles by CM were more to taunt the perp than to enlighten his audience. CM enjoyed taunting BM, hoping it would cause BM to react or make a mistake. BM is a very reactionary person as we found out the few times he talked with L.S. It takes all types of people to make the world go ‘round. CMs riddles have kept me pretty confused I must admit. But I know CM has far more info than I have about the investigation.
MOO

If they “did” something in the kitchen or the desk/workspace it was not apparent from the original listing of the house to the new photos. It would be interesting to see what they did seize from the house as that will be itemized. I just listened to Melinda and fast forwarded through Chris’ commentary and I am more curious than ever how the case became murder 1 with premeditation.

My guess is the searching and processing took longer due to the small town law enforcement probably lacking experience and confidence in conducting that type of search. The processing of evidence would probably take longer as well. They probably were being extra careful to dot their “i”s and cross their “t”s.

SBM

Sheriff Spezee has over 30 years of LE experience, including in Denver, which is certainly not small town. CBI and the FBI were called in very quickly. Processing may have taken longer due to Covid, but I don't think it was LE not knowing what they were doing.

MOO

If they “did” something in the kitchen or the desk/workspace it was not apparent from the original listing of the house to the new photos. It would be interesting to see what they did seize from the house as that will be itemized. I just listened to Melinda and fast forwarded through Chris’ commentary and I am more curious than ever how the case became murder 1 with premeditation.

Melinda 's testimony is only one piece of the jigsaw. I have the utmost faith that other pieces of evidence have led to the charge of murder 1 with premeditation .

With an arrest affidavit that is 129 pages long, you know they have some damning evidence, a judge would not have signed if it was just babbling speculation..
They charge based off the evidence they have, not based off what they feel might have happened. that would never hold up in court and their number one goal is securing justice, not throwing whatever at the wall and see what sticks... that's the defense's position.
MOO

I think we're going to learn that between what Suzanne told her sister that Friday, and Barry's digital footprint, i.e., emails [content as well as recipients/senders], searches, history, [current and recovered from being deleted] location history, banking activity, gps data, etc., that LE had every reason from the very beginning of the investigation, to look no further than the evidence that lead them directly to Barry.

I mean, we already know Suzanne said something to her sister that sent up a big red flag. Two days later, she was gone. My guess is, Barry "said" something too, just in a way that he didn't mean to. His digital "voice" will be doing all the speaking, for him.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member