Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Hinky Meters Sounded?
LE's hinky meter sounded more quickly and loudly than typical Man-Reports-Wife-Missing case. Why? Why seemingly immediately after that afternoon/eve. of report to LE?
A fact known to someone participating in responding to MisPers call & early search? Or even gen'ly known to some ppl in BM's orbit, e.g., gym members, his business' independent contractors, or ___, who passed the word to LE? Maybe ---
1. BM living separately, not PP, no known extra marital relationship.
2. BM living separately, not PP, w one known extramarital relationship.
3. BM living separately, not PP, multiple known extramarital relationships.
4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?
What factor could trigger hinky meters so quickly, anyone?
What, if Suzanne's friend advised her to call LE and she did so? Regardless of whether Suzanne told something concrete or said "Oh sorry, it's probably nothing!" and cut her call - LE would have heard her last name (maybe also her address) once and were aware of her concern.

I had wondered about the idea that he packed her in a cooler and poured lye and boiling water on her to dissolve her, but after looking around on how to do this, he would need a stainless steel pot or other sturdy container to do that with.

Perhaps he stored her dismembered parts in the cooler or multiple coolers as he lye-boiled her in a pot pieces at a time. As to what he did with the liquid remains, he could have poured it down the drain or in the river. Perhaps LE found evidence of this in the pipes at the house and that’s how they know she’s dead (someone else suggested they might have found strands of Suzanne’s hair with death bands). Or maybe he poured it at the site of the five trees and that’s why at least one looks like it’s dying.
He is experienced. No extra work or complication imo. Some prep and clean up then straight on to a dumpster on the way to Broomfield.
All cars except probably the old RR had some sort of location chip. How is he going get remote without FBI discovering vehicle route? He could have hustled on foot out back with a 120 lb load, but I think the AM search was about that, although of course they may have missed something.

Last edited:
LE's hinky meter sounded more quickly and loudly than typical Man-Reports-Wife-Missing case. Why? Why seemingly immediately after that afternoon/eve. of report to LE?
A fact known to someone participating in responding to MisPers call & early search? Or even gen'ly known to some ppl in BM's orbit, e.g., gym members, his business' independent contractors, or ___, who passed the word to LE? Maybe ---
4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?
I think investigators always consider the spouse first, and all those close to the victim, until they have reason to exclude them. When they searched the house, they said it was typical to start with the home and work their way out.

I think they just never had reason to leave the home. They followed the evidence and it led them to Barry. They were likely suspicious from the first few interviews. His demeanor, minimal cooperation, refusing the polygraphs, the contradiction in his stories, all would have been big red flags at the start. Imo

He is experiemced. No extra work or complication imo. So.e prep and clean up then straight on to a dumpster on the way to Broomfield.
All cars,except probably the old RR had some sort of location chip. How is he going get remote without FBI discovering vehicke route? He could have hustled on foot out back with a 120 lb load, but I think the AM search was about that although of course they may have missed something.

Suzanne's step-brother mentions pre-ATV and post-ATV hunts with Barry, implying strongly that Barry had an ATV. I find it hard to believe that he didn't. Bear and elk weigh quite a bit.

CM certainly has his own “style” as a profiler/investigator. I feel the riddles by CM were more to taunt the perp than to enlighten his audience. CM enjoyed taunting BM, hoping it would cause BM to react or make a mistake. BM is a very reactionary person as we found out the few times he talked with L.S. It takes all types of people to make the world go ‘round. CMs riddles have kept me pretty confused I must admit. But I know CM has far more info than I have about the investigation.
MOO
I'm still kind of amazed at an ex LE guy, who is still in the business with cold cases and other quasi LE activities, telling 18,000 people to go steal a statue. But since I have my salt, and my garlic just in case, I'm getting over it.

4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?
If they were able to look at Suzanne’s phone, maybe they saw the concerning text messages between Suzanne and her sister. Or maybe her sister had already notified LE of her concerns.

As soon as the AA is released, I'll let you know. :)
Don't be too surprised if it's a detail the public still has zero knowledge of.

I do wonder where the idea came from that BM wasn't living at the PP house.

I think it was something Trevor, BM's nephew said, in the brief time he was speaking publicly. When asked who was living there, or who Suzanne lived with, he didn't give a straight answer, imo.

Suzanne's step-brother mentions pre-ATV and post-ATV hunts with Barry, implying strongly that Barry had an ATV. I find it hard to believe that he didn't. Bear and elk weigh quite a bit.
MOO yes, you are right, an electric ATV might work. But I think a gas ATV running off at night would have annoyed and mystified neighbors.

Hmm. GD thought the very same thing. o_O

02:44
george says when he arrived at
the bike scene there were two other deputies who told him
that the bike was down here
allegedly they were in the process of
pulling the bike up out of the embankment
which he says quote a giant no-no
he said they shouldn't have touched it
kept it where it's at
took pictures before removing it
he continued by saying there were
a lot of things that the sheriff's office
did like that
but chalked it up as being
a small town law enforcement agency
that don't see this sort of thing often
and don't know everything

George can't know how long LE had been there, though. Obviously, several cops got there before him. How does George know they didn't take pictures? If they were already in the process of lifting the bike out, they had not arrived just that second.

George and Barry seem to be convinced that LE didn't take pictures - but I'm not as convinced as they are. We don't even know the exact time the police arrived. If two deputies were standing up top, and more were down below where the bike was, that means enough time had elapsed for at least two cars (maybe more) to arrive.

I'll be grinning ear to ear if one of the big photos at trial was taken by LE - of the bike.

There were probably no stranger fingerprints on that bike - except for a cop's, which is explainable. Otherwise, it's either just Suzanne's prints or Suzanne's and Barry's, which is totally to be expected.

4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?
I’ve always wondered if it might have been something about the bike itself that provided a huge clue to LE the very first night, whether the bike found was not Suzanne’s expensive mountain bike she normally rode, and/or the bike was possibly inoperable/unrideable for some reason i.e., brakes locked up or some other mechanical issue the ‘bike stager’ wasn’t aware of that rendered the bike inoperable. IOW, someone, an avid bike rider no less, doesn’t/can’t take a bike ride on an inoperable or junk bike. LE was very careful in their wording in their Press Releases stating , “SM reportedly went for a bike ride and didn’t return” , and not- “SM went for a bike and didn’t return.”, is very curious to me.
The CCSO eventually removed the
SM reportedly went for a bike ride from their Press Release altogether, which imo they must’ve felt confident at that point sending a subtle message to BM that they didn’t buy the BS bike narrative.

One of the reasons I think the bike that was found possibly revealed a huge clue, is because LE have never once confirmed they found the bike, and I believe it’s possibly because they didn’t want to field questions about the bike and let the ‘bike stager’ know what they knew about the bike, in order to not tip their hand. This is just speculation on my part of course. Once the AA is released, which will hopefully be soon, we’ll have answers/know more details about what tipped LE off/set their hinky meter to high alert so quickly.

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Yes, he said Barry could carry an elk on his back for a couple of miles, and would probably get even further on his fourwheeler. Imo

4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?

What they neighbor (JR) reportedly saw when she went over and then called 911 at BM's request (so he said). She has been very quiet. That was the first alert IMO...

MOO yes, you are right, an electric ATV might work. But I think a gas ATV running off at night would have annoyed and mystified neighbors.

Hunters prefer the electric kind, for obvious reasons. Given the level of consumption this family had, I'd assume Barry's was electric.

We know that Suzanne expressed fear to Melinda. We don't have any idea what she'd been speaking about lately with her friend in Indiana. I think that will also be a big factor and I think the friend was on the phone to LE very quickly.

MOO

ETA: I don't think the communication with her IN friend was only wedding stuff.
I recall that the initial MSM reports indicated that SM told her sister she was afraid. However, after listening to Melinda last week express in her own words the background of the text message (guest on CM show) -- I no longer believe SM expressed fear (MM has never shared the content of text).

I think it was the opposite. Melinda herself said there was no immediate danger and she told SM that she wanted to pray about whatever SM shared in the text before offering a response. SM responded by thanking her for always being transparent and she never heard from SM again.

Melinda also said that SM believed in her marriage and her family. I think that SM gave BM an ultimatum that weekend and it didn't end well for SM. BM was probably furious that SM was taking a position of strength versus going along with BM which was exactly what BM would have expected from SM. MOO

ETA: I think the ultimatum probably had to do with the proceeds expected at the closing of IN residence only weeks away when they would be cashed out.

Having experienced a cash shortage during the past two years-- waiting for the sale of the former residence, --I think SM wanted a break from investing in another project and preferred to simply bank the money for security.

I think BM already made plans for that money which included buying the lot in Longhorn Ranch Development and probably building a home for his mom. If I remember correctly -- that's exactly what he did -- BM purchased lot 8 around June 25, 2020. MOO

Last edited:
I'm still kind of amazed at an ex LE guy, who is still in the business with cold cases and other quasi LE activities, telling 18,000 people to go steal a statue. But since I have my salt, and my garlic just in case, I'm getting over it.
That’s not what he said. Her sister Melinda was a guest of CM. She said the Garden girl statue was a family heirloom and belonged to their mother who passed and how it was difficult it was to part with it but siblings let Suzanne have it since she was the baby. She was about ready to cry and emotional telling the story saying how special and precious it was too her it was called the garden girl their mother loved it. It probably means much more to the Moorman siblings then to Suzanne’s daughters. I think CM was being thoughtful and kind so he said if anyone could retrieve it so he could give it back to Melinda and the family, he was worried someone might steal it and get into the wrong hands just sitting their in the open like that.

4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?
Or not. Part of me feels like this will be answered for the jury Because if not then why not an abduction.

I had wondered about the idea that he packed her in a cooler and poured lye and boiling water on her to dissolve her, but after looking around on how to do this, he would need a stainless steel pot or other sturdy container to do that with.

Perhaps he stored her dismembered parts in the cooler or multiple coolers as he lye-boiled her in a pot pieces at a time. As to what he did with the liquid remains, he could have poured it down the drain or in the river. Perhaps LE found evidence of this in the pipes at the house and that’s how they know she’s dead (someone else suggested they might have found strands of Suzanne’s hair with death bands). Or maybe he poured it at the site of the five trees and that’s why at least one looks like it’s dying.
You mentioning stainless steel pot reminded me that my husband has an elk hunting buddy that makes and sells European mounts (just the antlers not the whole animal head ) for friends not as a livelihood.
DH says friend uses a huge SS stockpot probably around 120 quart size that he bought from a restaurant supply store. Walmart and Home Depot sell them for the express purpose of taxidermy. Here is an example of a small electric one that can be purchased online:
https://www.opticsplanet.com/on-time-95000-buck-boiler-buck-boiler-black.html

Product Info for On Time Wildlife Feeders Buck Boiler
Making European Dressed Skull and Antler Trophies has never been easier. No more paying a taxidermist to prepare your trophy or spend hours standing over a boiling pot.

The Buck Boiler features an all-electric system for preparing your own European Dressed Hunting Trophies. Youll have a clean deer skull ready to mount in eight hours or less.

The Buck Boiler from On Time Feeders is the safe, effective and inexpensive way to prepare European Dressed Hunting Trophies yourself.

IMO I don’t think BM had the time or hidden location to do something like this. Pretty gory to even think about.
Remember when AM said that LE told him they saw an elk carcass leaning against the Puma Path home?

As soon as the AA is released, I'll let you know. :)
Don't be too surprised if it's a detail the public still has zero knowledge of.

I do wonder where the idea came from that BM wasn't living at the PP house.
^^bbm
In the very early days of SM missing and before BM was ever publicly identified (i.e., known only as the husband), spokesperson/nephew TN would not confirm to MSM if the couple was residing together. I'm sure this quote highlighted in one of my posts in the MEDIA ONLY thread. MOO

I recall that the initial MSM reports indicated that SM told her sister she was afraid. However, after listening to Melinda last week express in her own words the background of the text message (guest on CM show) -- I no longer believe SM expressed fear (MM has never shared the content of text).

I think it was the opposite. Melinda herself said there was no immediate danger and she told SM that she wanted to pray about whatever SM shared in the text before offering a response. SM responded by thanking her for always being transparent and she never heard from SM again.

Melinda also said that SM believed in her marriage and her family. I think that SM gave BM an ultimatum that weekend and it didn't end well for SM. BM was probably furious that SM was taking a position of strength versus going along with BM which was exactly what BM would have expected from SM. MOO
Which knowing what we know is reasonable. It is also not Murder 1 with deliberation necessarily unless there is more on Barry’s part leading up to Saturday/Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne