Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The myspace idea is great!!!

I am still compiling questions/information for Verna Moore. Please keep the info coming.

Also, more focus on the Jane Doe is really great. It has been easy to focus on him, but she may actually be the key to this case.

I think 2 pages is a great idea!! I would be happy to do them both Please let me know because I don't want to step on anybodies toes here LOL
:woohoo:

I think 2 pages is a great idea!! I would be happy to do them both Please let me know because I don't want to step on anybodies toes here LOL

Hey Teresa, unless anyone objects, I say GO FOR IT. Even if there's more than one, it can't hurt, right? ;)

When the myspace pages are up and running, please post links so I can forward them on the Verna Moore.

Hey Teresa, unless anyone objects, I say GO FOR IT. Even if there's more than one, it can't hurt, right? ;)

When the myspace pages are up and running, please post links so I can forward them on the Verna Moore.

I agree it can't hurt to have more than one MySpace page. I will get both of them going and let you know when it's done Thanks!! :clap:

I think it's a great idea too...the more exposure these two get to hopefully find out their identities, the better.

I found some women's jewelry with great similarities and the name of an artist from 30 years ago on ebay. They are definitely Navaho rings.

Maybe he/she would be familiar with the artist or could be the artist who made her rings. It would be worth a shot, if he/she is still alive. Both rings have unusual touches to be made in the 70s, imo.

2-3-Jane-Does-ring.jpg
Note the balls of silver mixed with the feather. I realize the feather on the bracelet is more detailed, but it would be easier to create detail on a larger piece. Also, the artist "tucks" in the stones with the feathers. The way the stones are set are the norm in navaho pieces with the zig zag design. I included the three stoned piece because of the ring we haven't been able to see...it contained a red, white, and blue stone configuration.

This info includes the name of the artist:
NAVAJO DESERT BLOOMS ( Native American Indian Navajo Bracelet ): Squash Blossom necklaces are everywhere, but here is a Sterling Silver Squash Blossom cuff bracelet. The central motif is a massive curved leaf with 3 blossoms (coral, turquoise & mother-of-pearl) tucked inside. A beaded edge finishes off the design. The cuff is formed by four silver bands that fan out from each side of the center. Hallmarked "L B" (L. Burnside) "Navajo". This piece has been in my collection for 30 years and will fit a medium or small wrist comfortably. Condition: Excellent. Minimal wear. Size: Center Motif 2 5/8" long, 1 3/4" wide. Inside cuff measurement 5 1/4".

http://www.timedancesby.com/nativeamerican3.htm

If someone has an ebay account perhaps they could contact the seller and determine where they purchased the bracelet since they said it had been in their collection for 30 years.

Good idea to look at the jewelry!

I was looking thru some missing persons stuff and I really wonder about this girl:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/350dfon.html

http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/MissingPersons/MissingList/index.htm

The dates are way off but look at the photos of the moles on her face in the Ontario Provincial police link. It also says she was blonde but she looks more like light brown to me, but the dates are two years too late. :(

This girl does look like the SC Jane Doe...too bad about the dates, there really is a resemblance!

Good idea to look at the jewelry!

I was looking thru some missing persons stuff and I really wonder about this girl:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/350dfon.html

http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/MissingPersons/MissingList/index.htm

The dates are way off but look at the photos of the moles on her face in the Ontario Provincial police link. It also says she was blonde but she looks more like light brown to me, but the dates are two years too late. :(

WOW! This one does look like her and the places they went sure fit! Too bad the dates don't gel at all and they stated the man called ten days after they left...so they would be certain of the dates.

She fits the description of another cold case victim here tho.
Unidentified Female, 1988, PA. Skeletal Remains, 6 mths Pregnant

That is great, Phenol! Looks very good and should draw some attention hopefully!

Thank you I will be tweaking it a little bti and adding a little bit of info, but for the most part I am done...I looked up top 40 hit songs from the summer of 76 and Afternoon Delight was on there LOL so I added that as their song...

For those of you that don't like to go back pages here are the links to Jock & Jane Does myspace page powered by Phenolred
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=244 522663

also, the myspace url = myspace.com/jockandjanedoe

Thank you I will be tweaking it a little bti and adding a little bit of info, but for the most part I am done...I looked up top 40 hit songs from the summer of 76 and Afternoon Delight was on there LOL so I added that as their song...

For those of you that don't like to go back pages here are the links to Jock & Jane Does myspace page powered by Phenolred

Can you please connect w/my page? www.myspace.com/do_u_recognize_me

TIA!

MySpace is an amazing tool for our missing and uid!

I looked up top 40 hit songs from the summer of 76 and Afternoon Delight was on there LOL so I added that as their song...
That will be kinda creepy if they turn out to be brother and sister. You might want to rethink that song. :eek: LOL

Just a hint: Make sure you check spelling and punctuation. It always reads better and people will take the site more seriously.

It looks very nice, phenolred. I have a myspace account but no page. I only set it up so I could look at Rosco's photos from the Terry and Darleen Anderson case. If I set up a page, I will add Jacques/Jock and Jane Doe's page to mine. Myspace really does draw lots of attention by millions of people so I hope and pray someone recognizes them. Thanks again for doing it.

Just a hint: Make sure you check spelling and punctuation. It always reads better and people will take the site more seriously.

Yes I know about the spelling etc. I am still in the process of reviewing it etc. I was just so excited to have it mostly up and running that I wanted to share it with you guys. I guess you could say I'm still in the rough draft stage, I still have some notes of things I want to fix and add etc. ...

For some reason in my gut I dont think they are brother and sister, but we will hopefully find out soon...But, yes I would need to change that song quick...

For some reason in my gut I dont think they are brother and sister, but we will hopefully find out soon...But, yes I would need to change that song quick...

Actually, I would go ahead and change it only because you want people to try to remember them. It might interfere with their memory if they are to assume they were lovers when they may have known them as brother and sister instead. They might pass something off which could be important and that would be a shame.

I didn't mean to be critical. I think it sounds and looks great! Great job, Phenol!

Wow..I just looked at the top 100 songs from the summer of 1976 and there sure isn't much to choose from. Dream Weaver by Gary Wright was a good song but I don't know if that would fit. Definitely slim pickins.

Wow..I just looked at the top 100 songs from the summer of 1976 and there sure isn't much to choose from. Dream Weaver by Gary Wright was a good song but I don't know if that would fit. Definitely slim pickins.
Yeah I know what you mean I kinda like this Dream Weaver though... I'm going to use it.

Here are the lyrics

Dream Weaver
Gary Wright

I've just closed my eyes again
Climbed aboard the dream weaver train
Driver take away my worries of today
And leave tomorrow behind
(chorus
Ooh dream weaver
I believe you can get me through the night
Ooh dream weaver
I believe we can reach the morning light