Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #61 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing at this time that it was more "Barry's" Foundation than Suzanne's ?
Imo.
Truthfully, we don't know "who's" 501(c)3's foundation it really was, or what it's funds were used for. We only know it was legally registered as a 501(c)3 through BM, both in Indiana and Colorado. Until I know differently, I think it might have initially been a legitimate charity of SM's.

501(c)3's need to file annual financial paperwork through their state's AG office and through the IRS. These filings (if accurately filed) will detail both the gross amount of income as well as the gross amount of expenditures. Those filings tell a lot about the organization.

JMO, MOO

Truthfully, we don't know "who's" 501(c)3's foundation it really was, or what it's funds were used for. We only know it was legally registered as a 501(c)3 through BM, both in Indiana and Colorado. Until I know differently, I think it might have initially been a legitimate charity of SM's.

501(c)3's need to file annual financial paperwork through their state's AG office and through the IRS. These filings (if accurately filed) will detail both the gross amount of income as well as the gross amount of expenditures. Those filings tell a lot about the organization.

JMO, MOO
If I recall correctly, per Melinda, “Suzanne’s” foundation was set up by Barry after he returned from a hunting trip in Africa. Moo

Mike King, PE, did some good research on the Hope Foundation and posted video up about a month ago (see link below). Mike’s guest, Salida CO Attorney Patti Arthur, does a really good job of breaking down the 501(c)3’s, and the documents specifically related to the Hope Foundation going back to its inception in 2012 to present status. Very interesting discussion toward the end with regard to potential “loopholes”, and the G*****ME account.

Not a long video. The beginning is short discussion on missing signatures r/t well permit that MK unearthed.
The Hope Foundation research/discussion starts around 15:30 mark:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?
v=a5BFJ0h3rFc

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I could have sworn that she specifically said "Barry's Foundation" and then she just cut it off. But I don't want to go back for 2 hours to listen again. I just got the idea she was definitely saying it was not the same as whatever foundation or group that SM had going. Maybe I drank too much Budweiser that night. I was going to say Corona :(

You are correct Melinda said it was Barry’s foundation.

working with women who were affected by
106:42
domestic violence through her foundation
106:45
you know i don't believe i don't believe
106:47
so i think the foundation was set up by
106:50
barry

106:51
i never quite did understand the
106:54
foundation
106:55
uh that was a little bit of a question
106:57
mark for me
106:59
but barry did set that up when he came
107:01
back from a trip from
107:02
africa
that's all i know about that
107:05
okay but you did and you did say that
107:07

I'm saying that to be used as evidence in court I think it would have to be proved that SM sent the text. An alternate theory might be that the real killer/kidnapper/whatever sent the text in order to frame someone.

To be clear, I'm not alleging anything or even saying I believe any of this, I'm just saying that I'm not sure a text message can hold up as evidence. Its more like hearsay. IMO
The text was sent 2 days before she was murdered so that doesn't work.

No, not that I have found. Did she maybe mean to refer to SM’s Foundation? Someone (BM?) has placed BM and his friends in charge of SM’s foundation iirc.
I'm sure The Foundation was a ruse to pay for BM's exotic hunting trips. Just fly down donate a few clothes and shoes to the orphans and he writes of the whole shebang.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Just a reminder that when discussing or providing a supporting link to any broadcast, please also remember to provide the timestamp within the broacast where members and Mods and Admins can quickly locate the relevant information.

Not everyone has the time to listen to broadcasts in full, and that way we don't have 1 to 20 frustrated members rummaging around trying to find the information.

Thanks everyone :)

I'm sure The Foundation was a ruse to pay for BM's exotic hunting trips. Just fly down donate a few clothes and shoes to the orphans and he writes of the whole shebang.
I don't have any specific links, but in general there's all kinds of monkey business, not to say "fraud" (there I said it) with big game hunters setting up "charities" that supposedly help out poor African communities with harvesting their game, on the excuse that they are helping supply meat and so forth to these poor communities. Who apparently can't be taught to cull their own extra elephants, Oh I mean shoot at the broad side of a barn. The charitable hunters get special exemption$$$ from the governments there to export the racks, hides, hooves, tails, claws, teeth, and gall bladders too for all we know. And the government HERE makes exceptions to let those things be imported if your name rings a bell with the right bureaucrat. Helping out underdeveloped African villages. Sorry, if I sound POd about this it means yeah I am. Not at all saying that is Barry's gig. But it could be. Basically free hunting vacations through the charities.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, here is a link to several posts of the charity work Barry had done in June of 2012 in Africa. There is a picture slide show dated 6/20/12 with several pics of him in them, including some where he is the pitcher in a recreational baseball game with the locals and other volunteers. One can only imagine what all the folks pictured alongside him must think of him now. SMH and all MOO.

bigvisionafrica

EBM: to include the specific date of the blog post containing the picture slide show.

Also want to add that I just noticed Suzanne had left the only comment on the post titled ‘Construction Project Complete’ :(

Last edited:
If you're saying there is no proof that SM sent the message, I don't understand why someone else would use her phone to send a text to MM which might be very incriminating to BM. MM said the text was very long. LE would know exactly where she was when she sent it. Who would be in her house using her phone to compose a text like that?
Lawyer here (civil) but I do Actually think there is a valid legal hearsay issue with regard to SM’s texts to her friend. The text message from SM would be an out of court statement presented to prove the truth of the matter it asserts. If she said “Barry threatened me or said this or that” for example. However there may be some exceptions to the hearsay rule of it is a present sense impression (ie, I’m scared right now...). If she were actually attacked at that time (doubtful) and said something knowing she was dying that is another exception to the hearsay rule but it has to be an imminent death (the idea being that people tend to be credible if they know they are dying). The hearsay rule is about credibility and you can’t cross examine a witness who isn’t at trial. Even the subject of the alleged murder. What would be hard to admit as evidence would be a statement by her that says something about what BM said or did the day before. There are some exceptions to the hearsay rule to think about but the statement itself is considered hearsay under most state and federal rules of evidence so it’s a valid issue to raise. I’m squarely in the “BM did it” camp here but there are rules of evidence and due process must be applied.

Mod Note:

To avoid multiple posts on WS that include full names, a link has been added to the first post of the thread:
List of Case Players and Their Relationship to the Discussion (Post #440)

If edits to the list are required please report on the post and an Admin or Mod can verify the info and update the list. Please don’t use full names in any further posts.

Thanks,
Tiff

Didn't Melinda say the text was sent on Friday morning? IMO only- Suzanne was killed on Saturday night.
I think that the texts were exchanged on Friday morning. I think that she said that she had an overwhelming feeling of dread on Saturday evening some time and so did Suzanne's friend. They feel that is when she met her demise.

I actually think that it probably was sometime after Barry left his jobsite on Saturday 'to make the wife happy.' I actually think that they had a big argument Friday night and he was hoping that he could just patch it all up on Saturday as he had always done in the past. I think that Suzanne was done and made it clear. He then killed her.

I think that Barry was seen in town by himself on Saturday. I think that Suzanne was already dead.

All just my speculation and opinion.

Guessing at this time that it was more "Barry's" Foundation than Suzanne's ?
Imo.

I always wondered if Suzanne even knew about the foundation. When Melinda called it "Barry's foundation," that solidified that idea even more. Perhaps she found out about him starting this foundation in her name, and it caused a huge ruckus? I feel so certain Suzanne found something out about Barry, that she strongly disagreed with, and that is part of what caused Barry to kill her.

C'mon, affidavit. We need you! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members