Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

I also questioned the big-a$$ed car Erica was driving. It was a late model, a 2020 and it's possible she either leased or bought it late 2019 before Covid raised its ugly head. You can't really just give back a vehicle without losing lots of money so whether she wanted to keep it or not, she may have been stuck with that vehicle.

As for the plasma donations: I find it very concerning that organizations are allowed to exist that prey on low income people or individuals reeling financially from the shutdowns because of Covid. Giving plasma that often is incredibly dangerous. Without knowing what Erica's days were like and how she compensated for the negative effects that depleted plasma can wreak on the body, her drinking alcohol just upped the danger level exponentially.

If her family want to find out what really happened to their loved one, they should be seeking out information, preferably from the Red Cross or a legitimate medical body to see if there is a way a private organization can be investigated for shady business practices that endanger their volunteers.
Questions regarding Erica's 2020 GMC Acadia and insights of how she lived her life were answered by the Pastor of her Church that led the Eulogy on Tuesday the 25th at her private funeral service.
I really wish I could bring that service video over here to put some of possibilities and Questions to bed for good.
The suv was bought brand new. She had already put almost 40k miles on the vehicle. Erica's life was her kids ,their activities,their sports ,school,taking her 19 year old back n forth to college,work,church activities,women's ministry, fundraising, caring for extremely ill family members.
Her own daughter stated in the Eulogy her mother was extremely organized.
She had important responsibilities.
Based on many factors and interactions I have had over this past month with all this and as her Own Pastor stated on Tuesday that she is a victim...
IMO present day Erica was not a drinker of alcohol nor party type. Perhaps years and years ago she let her beautiful hair down and danced a few times. She was the caretaker of those who took part of getting tipsy like being the designated driver. FWIW MOO.

That is the appearance in the photo shared. FWIW - As it was shared with me by a sourced homeowner very close by the pond in this case- In order to bring in all the necessary teams for extraction ,vehicles such as the larger heavy duty craned wench equipment ,tow truck and other items- they had to temporarily remove the large wooden sign and cap the orange piping pole to ground level. There was not a need to remove the dusk to dawn lighting pole.
I suppose anyone can call the Pearland Police Dept PIO to confirm this ,but since the Investigation is still ongoing and very active they are keeping 99.9 % close to their vest.
I don't doubt that but where does it leave us? Either (1) a slow intentional drive into the water, (2) the helicopter thing, or (3) just an unlikely freak accident.
Any word on the autopsy?

I don't doubt that but where does it leave us? Either (1) a slow intentional drive into the water, (2) the helicopter thing, or (3) just an unlikely freak accident.
Any word on the autopsy?
There is not any public Updates specific to the Medical Examiner,toxicology,pathology or any Forensic type.
There was an update on the Public Family posting day before yesterday on FB that once all investigation is complete the family will be informed of everything.
As far as the point of entry of the vehicle into the Retention Pond.. that remains an inconclusive.
Something of note IMO .. looking at the Clear Lake Drive on the updated maps on street view plus asking directly to the sourced homeowner at the pond recovery site about any other accessible way - the possibility does exist and something to ponder - that the vehicle could get thru the sparse trees clearing off clear lake drive.
So there is option number 4)

the possibility does exist and something to ponder - that the vehicle could get thru the sparse trees clearing off clear lake drive. So there is option number 4)
But wouldn't her car be facing a different way in the lake if it went in that way?

The way LE pulled it out was straight back out the way it had come. Back end first. Which leads me to believe it went in front first, where LE towed it out.

But wouldn't her car be facing a different way in the lake if it went in that way?

The way LE pulled it out was straight back out the way it had come. Back end first. Which leads me to believe it went in front first, where LE towed it out.
IMO not necessarily. It still would be parallel with the assumed entry point.
In any case, I am very curious if the forensic electronic technology reports have been recovered from her phone, vehicle and onstar. This would be able to pinpoint a much better timeline and matching geo-coordinates. I wonder if she also had a smartwatch?? I have asked directly via messaging to the family about certain items, and only those mentioned in news articles or on family FB has been confirmed. Perhaps some things they are not at liberty to confirm or deny. Which is certainly understandable......I will leave it at that. Hopefully soon more information will be released. MOO

Any word on the autopsy?

We've seen (3) happen often enough over the years that it seems the most likely. But sadly, sometimes people who spend all their time caring for others and giving, giving, giving sometimes drain themselves dry, so it seems like (1) might be in play.

It's a tragedy, no matter how it played out.

Questions regarding Erica's 2020 GMC Acadia and insights of how she lived her life were answered by the Pastor of her Church that led the Eulogy on Tuesday the 25th at her private funeral service.
I really wish I could bring that service video over here to put some of possibilities and Questions to bed for good.
The suv was bought brand new. She had already put almost 40k miles on the vehicle. Erica's life was her kids ,their activities,their sports ,school,taking her 19 year old back n forth to college,work,church activities,women's ministry, fundraising, caring for extremely ill family members.
Her own daughter stated in the Eulogy her mother was extremely organized.
She had important responsibilities.
Based on many factors and interactions I have had over this past month with all this and as her Own Pastor stated on Tuesday that she is a victim...
IMO present day Erica was not a drinker of alcohol nor party type. Perhaps years and years ago she let her beautiful hair down and danced a few times. She was the caretaker of those who took part of getting tipsy like being the designated driver. FWIW MOO.

We don't know if Erica drank alcohol and even if she did, so what? She's an adult. IMO, from what I can gather, Erica was a beautiful soul who loved her family dearly and pulled out all the stops to ensure she could provide for them to the point of baking all day then delivering that bounty to family and friends. She seems selfless and immensely proud of her family especially her daughter going to university.

Probably the one person she forgot to look after was herself. So when she had the opportunity to chill for a while with friends, she did. But she always knew she had to get that car back to her daughter. Even if she hadn't drank a drop or taken one toke of a joint she was probably exhausted. Her friends may have been very concerned about her driving, hence the texts. Nothing sinister or suspicious, just concern. She seemed smart, organized and efficient so I wouldn't be surprised if she harbored some trepidation regarding that oh so easy money from plasma donations but felt obliged because she was thinking of her family.

I don't know what the autopsy results and toxicology reports will say; the timeline of a submerged body may provide inconclusive results. But if I was her family I would be investigating the negative aspects of accelerated plasma donations and whether there was a data base connecting volunteers and how many times they gave to see if precautions were ignored. IMO

I just wanted to share a few things about how plasma donations work.

Essentially, the blood is drawn from the arm using a needle and then filtered thru a machine that extracts the plasma before it returns the rest (mostly the platelets and red blood cells) back into the donor’s arm.

Plasma is rich in white blood cells (and antibodies), which help the immune system fight off infections. The CDC asked for plasma donations early last year from those with type AB blood who had recovered from the coronavirus. (Type AB is a universal plasma donor in the same way that Type O- is a universal blood donor.)

It only takes about 48 hours for a healthy body to fully replenish the donated plasma (on average). In comparison, it takes a healthy body six weeks to replenish the red blood cells lost after a pint-sized blood donation. The process of donating plasma also takes longer — one hour and 15 minutes.

Dehydration is common after a plasma donation because plasma contains most of the liquid that makes up the blood. Other possible adverse effects include blood clots, infections in/around the injection site, dizziness, fatigue, and the machine can sometimes cause an air pocket to enter the blood stream (which can even be fatal if the air pocket reaches the brain — but I think this is rare). Donors are often advised to take it easy for the remainder of the day, so I can’t even imagine the kind of toll biweekly donations would take on a body over time!

Last edited:
I just wanted to share a few things about how plasma donations work.

Essentially, the blood is drawn from the arm using a needle and then filtered thru a machine that extracts the plasma before it returns the rest (mostly the platelets and red blood cells) back into the donor’s arm.

Plasma is rich in white blood cells (and antibodies), which help the immune system fight off infections. The CDC asked for plasma donations early last year from those with type AB blood who had recovered from the coronavirus. (Type AB is a universal plasma donor in the same way that Type O- is a universal blood donor.)

It only takes about 48 hours for a healthy body to fully replenish the donated plasma (on average). In comparison, it takes a healthy body six weeks to replenish the red blood cells lost after a pint-sized blood donation. The process of donating plasma also takes longer — one hour and 15 minutes.

Dehydration is common after a plasma donation because plasma contains most of the liquid that makes up the blood. Other possible adverse effects include blood clots, infections in/around the injection site, dizziness, fatigue, and the machine can sometimes cause an air pocket to enter the blood stream (which can even be fatal if the air pocket reaches the brain — but I think this is rare). Donors are often advised to take it easy for the remainder of the day, so I can’t even imagine the kind of toll biweekly donations would take on a body over time!

Thank you for this! I was also going to clear this up you worded it better than I would have.
And to add a few things:
1. Donating plasma and blood are 2 different things.
2. Not everyone who donates is "strapped for cash". Plasma is used in several ways, including creating vaccines, medications vital to hemophiliacs and treatment for burn patients. I used to donate for just that reason, the money was just a nice little bonus. I donated routinely for 10yrs, 2x a week and at worst, was a bit dizzy afterwards.
3. It is safe to donate plasma 2x a week, but most companies have a policy that 48 hrs have passed before you can donate the 2nd time. Clients are instructed to hydrate immediately after donation. Some companies even provide orange juice/water and a snack afterwards.
3. Blood donations are only allowed 2x a month. Usually without compensation, although Red Cross did at one point, in some states, pay you for donating. They also recommend to hydrate afterwards and some do supply juice/water and a snack.

Unless Erica had donated that day or the day before and didn't hydrate, I don't believe dehydration could have been a factor.

I'm surprised there has been no news. The family seemed intent on getting answers when she was found on May 13. It's been 3 1/2 weeks. I hope her kids are hanging in there.

I was just thinking about Erica today. I was also wondering if there had been any updates....it's coming up to a month now!

I checked both FB pages for updates, but there wasn’t anything new.
Family did share that as soon as they hear any new info or details that they would share them with everyone.

I'm surprised there has been no news. The family seemed intent on getting answers when she was found on May 13. It's been 3 1/2 weeks. I hope her kids are hanging in there.

I'm going to guess they're waiting on toxicology tests from the autopsy. That usually takes something like 3-6 weeks depending on the test and the facility.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back