Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120 Thread #121 Thread #122 Thread #123
Thread #124 Thread #125 Thread #126 Thread #127 Thread #128 Thread #129 Thread #130 Thread #131 Thread #132 Thread #133 Thread #134 Thread #135

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Theorizing based on some known fact sourced from MSM or LE is fine, but there is no known fact to substantiate speculation about catfishing. Please move on from that discussion.

Also, a few reminders from TOS:

It is WS preferred policy to use initials only for anyone other than victims or perps.

If you have questions about rules or moderation, please do not ask them on the thread. Just private message a Mod or Admin for clarification.

Rumors are not allowed. If you can't link information to Websleuths approved sources, do NOT post it with "I read it somewhere" or "I'll find the link later ...".

Before you post something make sure what you are stating is FACT as we know it from MSM, LE or another approved Websleuths source.

Sleuthing or discussing RSOs just because they are on the registry is not allowed. A thread specific exception may be made by Tricia or an Admin depending on geographical location in relation a crime.

Photo alterations or side-by-side comparisons are not allowed.

I can imagine how hard it might be to get the evidence needed to charge BJC even if they’re sure he did it - how many times has he relocated in the years since? He’s been in & out of prison and his father’s house, sleeping under bridges, supposedly in a home of his own..... any possessions that might’ve tied him to the crime (a “trophy,” the clothes worn etc) is likely long gone. What could LE even search with the hope of finding something, beyond his recorded online activity & interview any alibi source?
I agree. LE may have just as difficult a time of ruling him out, too. LE doesn't know if they have the killer's DNA, so his DNA not matching the DNA at the crime scene doesn't necessarily rule him out depending on the method of killing. Even if JBC says he doesn't remember where he was 4+ years ago doesn't imply guilt if he doesn't have an alibi - absent any ties to crime scene evidence. If I was asked were I was on this date 4 years ago, I might have stated, "Well, if it was on a week day I MIGHT have been at work. My car is too old to have any kind of GPS, my cell phone from then has long since went belly up, my home computer from then is also toast with the hard drive demolished and in a trash dump and same with my work computer."

This may be why people think there was a couple underneath the bridge......
"The started up towards the trailhead. He stood there for a little bit, he looked around and didn’t see anybody or anything so he thinks he started walking towards the High Bridge, he was just about to where it forks and he ran into an older gentleman that was coming from the High Bridge and he asks him ‘Did you see a couple of girls there?’ and he said ‘No, but there's a couple down underneath.’" - Becky Patty, Timestamp 22:47, Interview with Mike And Becky Patty by Gray Hughes

"The started up towards the trailhead. He stood there for a little bit, he looked around and didn’t see anybody or anything so he thinks he started walking towards the High Bridge, he was just about to where it forks and he ran into an older gentleman that was coming from the High Bridge and he asks him ‘Did you see a couple of girls there?’ and he said ‘No, but there's a couple down underneath.’" - Becky Patty, Timestamp 22:47, Interview with Mike And Becky Patty by Gray Hughes

I don't know if the two trail and bridge users who were there after the girls were on the bridge are what he was referring to, but that could be the case.

The only semi-safe way to "get under the bridge" is from the SE end. Which is 850 feet and difficult to see from the NW end.

JMO

I don't know if the two trail and bridge users who were there after the girls were on the bridge are what he was referring to, but that could be the case.

The only semi-safe way to "get under the bridge" is from the SE end. Which is 850 feet and difficult to see from the NW end.

JMO
With what happened that day why would it be strange that two people were under the bridge?

It's never been really confirmed where these people were that day when the one witness saw them. We have a chain of conversations about the subject.

JMO
So we should ignore what BP said on the Hughes show? Mmmmm.

See, this has always been confusing to me. MP specifically asked this man about seeing “a couple of girls “. The man replies, “No, but I saw a couple down underneath.” The wording in this case baffles me:confused: A couple of what, exactly? He almost repeated MP’s question right back to him. It’s probably nothing at all, of course, just odd IMO. Idk it’s late and I’m probably just reading waaaay too much into this :confused:

See, this has always been confusing to me. MP specifically asked this man about seeing “a couple of girls “. The man replies, “No, but I saw a couple down underneath.” The wording in this case baffles me:confused: A couple of what, exactly? He almost repeated MP’s question right back to him. It’s probably nothing at all, of course, just odd IMO. Idk it’s late and I’m probably just reading waaaay too much into this :confused:
Yes, a couple of what? Girls? A man and a woman? It is odd.

The April 2019 press conference left me with a different opinion about its effectiveness. It could end up having an undesired effect.

If LE is wrong about what they think, I think the April 2019 press conference would leave the killer realizing he got away with it. As long as he does not allow any other kids to record him on phone video, he is an unknown to LE. If the killer is in the local area, then there is always the possibility someone phones or emails the right tip. But if he is long gone from the area, then it becomes a much more difficult task to try to find someone when you do not know who you are looking for or where to start looking for them.

As the case dwindles from the public spotlight, memory will only serve to remind anyone who researches the Delphi case that LE is looking for someone who resembles the man in the second sketch between the ages of 18-40 who may appear younger than his true age. He either lives or lived, works or worked, visits or visited Delphi, Indiana in the past. This is how the case will be viewed by the public. And this is how the case investigation will progress from now on.

Somewhere within the Delphi threads IIRC this was debated around the time of BPs initial interview when she offered up this information. Then later she just happened to follow up on the topic during another interview and confirmed the couple was a male and female. But according to Word Search, it’s buried further in time beneath a multitude of other discussions about this couple so I’m unable to find the source.

The couple are a topic almost as popular as “shack” although I’m not sure why that is. LE would’ve been informed of their presence when DG and FSG was initially interviewed, long before BP repeated the story. I also believe all information revealed by the families is preapproved by LE to protect the investigation so what that means to me is any information revealed is not intended to be an important clue.. JMO

Last edited:
Somewhere within the Delphi threads IIRC this was debated around the time of BPs initial interview when she offered up this information. Then later she just happened to follow up on the topic during another interview and confirmed the couple was a male and female. But according to Word Search, it’s buried further in time beneath a multitude of other discussions about this couple so I’m unable to find the source.

The couple are a topic almost as popular as “shack” although I’m not sure why that is. LE would’ve been informed of their presence when DG and FSG was initially interviewed, long before BP repeated the story. I also believe all information revealed by the families is preapproved by LE to protect the investigation so what that means to me is any information revealed is not intended to be an important clue.. JMO
So what BP says is not important? You believe anything from the families is pre-approved by law enforcement and not intended to be important? Did I understand that correctly? That would change a lot of things that have been discussed here.

It's a very vague statement.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members