Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that, in all of these years, none of the searchers or other witnesses have ever publicly said anything. I'm sure LE doesn't want them to, but I just would have thought with it being so high profile of a case that you would get some leakers over time. Especially, in such a small town, where everyone probably knows everyone else's business. In so many other cases, people just can't seem to wait to blab about what they know.

I'm surprised that, in all of these years, none of the searchers or other witnesses have ever publicly said anything. I'm sure LE doesn't want them to, but I just would have thought with it being so high profile of a case that you would get some leakers over time. Especially, in such a small town, where everyone probably knows everyone else's business. In so many other cases, people just can't seem to wait to blab about what they know.

I agree, it is surprising given what we know of human nature. I think one factor that plays into this, though, is that the families and the community in general seem pretty supportive of LE. They appear to have internalized the message from LE that there are certain things that, if revealed, could affect the ability to successfully convict the person responsible.

When you refer to coming forward, it seems there’s a tight lid over everyone with any firsthand direct or potential knowledge about that day. Neither the searcher nor search group who discovered the bodies, FSG, nor the couple, not even DG, nor people involved in creating either sketch have ever contacted the media to identify themselves and tell their story.

Not unusual though. I’d bet the killer doesn’t only want to know what LE knows, but also what other unidentified people might’ve witnessed and informed LE of. JMO
I don’t mean that the witnesses should out themselves to the public. I’m saying that they could anonymously say IE “Well yes we were there, but didn’t see the girls.” I’m actually impressed that we haven’t heard anything pertaining to this possible couple. MOO

I don’t mean that the witnesses should out themselves to the public. I’m saying that they could anonymously say IE “Well yes we were there, but didn’t see the girls.” I’m actually impressed that we haven’t heard anything pertaining to this possible couple. MOO

Anything a witness says on a case in public are fair game for the defence to use and can be picked apart, if they suggest bias against the accused they could be used to try discredit the witness etc or suggest they are unsuitable. Such information would also give BG insight into what has and has not been seen. Police are highly likely to have instructed them to say nothing.

Anything a witness says on a case in public are fair game for the defence to use and can be picked apart, if they suggest bias against the accused they could be used to try discredit the witness etc or suggest they are unsuitable. Such information would also give BG insight into what has and has not been seen. Police are highly likely to have instructed them to say nothing.
Oh I agree! I am just amazed how quiet people are. MOO

Hello all! It’s been a long time since posting here. Been following this case since the beginning. As time went by I always said this case will be solved by thread 137. Here’s to answers an closure. (I’m sure I’m wrong)

Everything I've said about JBC being the perfect candidate for BG still feels right to me, but we're drifting into "It's taking too long" territory. 1 1/2 months now and nothing official, plus a little unofficial cold water from Kelsi after talking with police.

The theory voiced by others in these threads that LE is rightly or wrongly looking hardest at someone else, someone whom they can't pin it on, looks stronger with each passing day. No telling how long this case could stay open if that's where things lie.

If JBC's trial comes and goes with still nothing from LE on Delphi, that will be telling. IMHO

My interpretation is that it's a man and a woman that is also referenced by the witness here: Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”
Thanks for this. I know I read this when it first came out, but Cheyenne's name and statement held no significance to me at the time so I forgot about it. Since then I've seen her name referenced as being at the bridge that day in several unapproved sources and have tried to verify it with media sources without any success. I wish I could find a media source that states the approximate time she was on the bridge.

Everything I've said about JBC being the perfect candidate for BG still feels right to me, but we're drifting into "It's taking too long" territory. 1 1/2 months now and nothing official, plus a little unofficial cold water from Kelsi after talking with police.

The theory voiced by others in these threads that LE is rightly or wrongly looking hardest at someone else, someone whom they can't pin it on, looks stronger with each passing day. No telling how long this case could stay open if that's where things lie.

If JBC's trial comes and goes with still nothing from LE on Delphi, that will be telling. IMHO

I think the exact opposite. The longer it goes on the longer it is more likely that they cannot rule out JBC. maybe that is wishful thinking but I LE found some reason (DNA, alibi (in jail or hundreds of miles away at the time, etc.) then they would probably come out and say he is no longer a suspect.

I hope that is not just wishful thinking on my part, but it might be.

Smaller towns are often said to be notoriously clicky but there’s a reason for their loyalty toward each other - often their children go to school together, attend the same church or volunteer for the same organizations, they might be co-workers or be related through marriage if not by blood. In cities it’s far different as most people’s lives are rarely intertwined so closely. So it doesn’t really surprise me there’s no leaks coming from Delphi and even if there were, we’d have no way of verifying the truthfulness.

We had a WS member here from Indiana who unfortunately doesn’t seem to post here anymore but I recall she said she had relatives who lived in Delphi. At the time she claimed people from out of town were flocking there and even taking photos of male locals walking down the street who vaguely resembled the suspect, assumably to send in a tip.

That doesn’t surprise me at all, it’s human nature. I once lived in a smaller town with a tragic newsworthy event as well. Eventually the locals came to really resent the intrusion into their everyday lives. It was as if we were being viewed under a microscope and after awhile when a media truck pulled into town everyone just went indoors. Delphi citizens including the families have also said they do not want Delphi only known for the tragic murder of Libby and Abby and who can blame them for that. That’s the main reason I think locals are not adding to the publicity. It’s not that they don’t want the crime solved, just that there’s no good reason to add to all the speculation that’s already in circulation. Instead their focus is in the positive direction of fundraising and building the Legacy Park plus trail improvements.

JMO

I think the exact opposite. The longer it goes on the longer it is more likely that they cannot rule out JBC. maybe that is wishful thinking but I LE found some reason (DNA, alibi (in jail or hundreds of miles away at the time, etc.) then they would probably come out and say he is no longer a suspect.

Hopefully it’s not just wishful thinking. I’ve had the same thoughts as you (about “no news is good news” regarding JBC) so for now, it doesn’t hurt to keep hope alive in any case.

I'm just not sure...LE issued a semi-conclusive statement on DN (after awhile), but did they ever do the same for TB, CE, PE? Sorry for all the initials. These were just the individuals sort of speculatively linked in MSM. As for any names that are actually on LE's short list - no statement has been made because their names have never been known publicly.

LE in the Delphi case have said a few times that until they have someone arrested AND charged (perhaps even convicted of the murders), they are not going to "clear" anyone as a matter of policy. They've also said they won't publicly comment on the substantive value of particular tips (it seems they are regarding JBC as a "tip" right now). So I don't think we should expect to hear anything either way for awhile.

My personal opinion on this is that they know who BG is but just need that one tip from someone to finally arrest and charge. I don’t believe, like some, that they have no idea who he is. Just my opinion though.
Quite possibly, yes.

My interpretation is that it's a man and a woman that is also referenced by the witness here: Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

Please keep in mind this is a Facebook comment.

She later clarified and explained more about that comment.

JMO

Last edited:
BP or MP, neither was a party to the actual conversation. It was between FSG and DG. I'd like to hear an interview with one or both, but as I said one of the two, DG, according to Kelsie, has no desire to make any public interviews or statements.

If FSG is who I think it is, I find it funny in a way he won't talk about the case and what he saw that day.

JMO

LE probably had to take a chance on that PC. To me, right now it appears that LE put all their money on this bet. If they were on point with the new sketch or the car at the CPS building or both then maybe this killer got shook up. OTH, if the killer is like what the comedian, Ron White, would say 'sitting naked in a beanbag chair eating Cheetos and watching TV' and knows LE is off base he is probably grinning and having another sip of beer.

I do not know if the killer is as comfortable as you wrote, but I would guess this person is more comfortable today than they were in February 2017. This is my opinion. This man on the bridge did manage to get recorded by a 14 year old using her cell phone. Someday someone might see that video and realize they know who it is, if they are willing to disregard just about everything else LE has said about the case. That will always remain a possibility.

LE keeps saying that someone will call or email telling them the man on the bridge is their father or son or brother. But I think if someone is going to report a family member they want to be very sure they are correct. What if they are wrong? LE tells a father he was reported as a possible POI by his own son. The father might not be too happy that his son thinks he is capable of the Delphi murders.

I think the fear in this case is that LE has an idea or picture in their minds of the person they are looking for, but it ends up being completely off once the case is solved. But we will never know if any of this is correct until the case is actually solved. Until then, people have to trust that LE is right about what they think in this investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee