Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #61 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it could have innocuous on Saturday noon that he stopped to work on his equipment. So now there is a couple hour gap in the afternoon between the shop and when he was in town making a purchase. Still a gap just a smaller gap.

I had a weird thought about this work on his equipment. What if their was a simple oil leak on the Bobcat that needed repaired(or something else) that wasn't important until he noticed it left a trail, an obvious trail that may correspond to some of the the dirt work done for the concrete pour. He needed to make the repair to show that it wasn't his bobcat that did the work (or could have dug a hole). The problem with the equipment could maybe set up a timeline or placement of his equipment. Also looking forward to see if LE confirmed some of the equipment noises the neighbor had heard.

You might be surprised what BM could come up with. Look at the lie Chris Watts first told in his “confession”.

Personally, I don’t put anything past BM when it comes to saving his own hide. Example 1 that we just heard about was the time GM asked BM about the $100k loan and BM told him to take it up with Suzanne, she was the one who borrowed the money. I have no doubt BM was the one who asked to borrow the $100k from GM for the CO home, and that’s why GM asked BM about repayment. BM had no problem going to GM and asking him to sign guardianship papers 2 weeks after SM was reported missing. What if BM says she committed suicide & he didn’t want the daughters to know and panicked? SM isn’t here to deny that claim. What if BM says she came at him with a gun, and it was self-defense? Lots of ways BM might blame SM as opposed to being convicted of M1. My humble opinion, I don’t put anything past BM when he’s in the hot seat! MOO
BM’s defense team will likely throw SM under the bus whether it’s a self denfense scenario or whatever. The AA is not what anyone should fear it’s the theatrics the defense team is going to offer that will be the true nightmare. IMO

Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.”

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.”

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

We must stop giving him credit. "a mechanical thingy". He really dumbed it down for LS, you know being a female she wouldn't know anything about the bobcat...

I got the impression he (JP) said that when he mentioned chlorine, to the fireplace & spa folks, they both looked at each other with an odd expression, the way you might do if you were maybe thinking "how in the world did he know BM bought chlorine from us that night?"

Anyone else hear it that way?
I heard it that way as well!
yeah.gif

We def need @OldCop to add to the timeline.
I'm starting to think SM was gone before the grading of the beach property. I think he needed that bucket put back into that bobcat quickly. It appears to me that Saturday was "clean up" day. There's a lot of missing time after the chlorine purchase. It will be interesting to find out what time BM got to that hotel and what Sundays real timeline was. Also why do I feel like PE mentioned something about a truck or trailer damage, as if someone backed up into a trailer and caused damage? Does that ring a bell to anyone? All moo.

We def need @OldCop to add to the timeline.
I'm starting to think SM was gone before the grading of the beach property. I think he needed that bucket put back into that bobcat quickly. It appears to me that Saturday was "clean up" day. There's a lot of missing time after the chlorine purchase. It will be interesting to find out what time BM got to that hotel and what Sundays real timeline was. Also why do I feel like PE mentioned something about a truck or trailer damage, as if someone backed up into a trailer and caused damage? Does that ring a bell to anyone? All moo.

I've always been in the camp that she was killed in the early hours of Saturday the 9th. When I listened to the 2 hour interview with MM and CM, she said SM sent her a message Saturday, she replied at 11:35 Tennessee time. That snippet made me rethink the timeline. I think it was Saturday the 9th and that BM was heard and seen doing some things that seemed odd but not nefarious. Once the witness realized SM was missing, it was put together.

skidmarks.gif

MOO IMO

I've always been in the camp that she was killed in the early hours of Saturday the 9th. When I listened to the 2 hour interview with MM and CM, she said SM sent her a message Saturday, she replied at 11:35 Tennessee time. That snippet made me rethink the timeline. I think it was Saturday the 9th and that BM was heard and seen doing some things that seemed odd but not nefarious. Once the witness realized SM was missing, it was put together.

skidmarks.gif

MOO IMO
If I may, I think the messaging between MM & SM happened on Friday morning, May 8, not Saturday.
43:50 CM starts asking MM about the texts between her and SM. MM is such a great spokesperson for this family. Of course, AM and TO have been as well.

I'm going to try my best to translate. I'm from Mississippi, so I speak JP. :cool:

Lauren: Hi.

JP: Hello.

Lauren: We're looking for JP.

JP: That's me, but I ain't talking.

LS: You're not talking?

JP: No.

LS: But you talked to the Daily Mail.

JP: But I didn't mean to either. Cuz I was under the impression they was somebody...I don't wanna talk to 'em.

LS: I'm local. Oh, so you didn't realize they were interviewing you?

JP: No, I thought it might have been like a private detective or something like that, but I mean, something like that, but then they come out and give me a business card and I talked to them. Know what I'm saying?

LS: Gotcha.

JP: I looked at it a while ago, and they misconstrued a lot of things I said, ya know what I'm saying?

LS: Yeah, that's what I thought, too.

JP: They just kinda blew outta the water, you know what I'm saying, ya know?

LS: Uh huh. Would you want to do an interview with us to set this record straight?

JP: Well, I mean, a lot of stuff I said, I mean it. I mean what I say, but I mean, as far as finding the mail in the room down there...it was one piece of mail (unintelligible).

LS: It wasn't multiple, you're saying.

JP: It was one piece of mail, and they said I found a bunch of mail, and I said one piece of mail. And they said I was...(unintelligible). And, I mean, the room did smell like chlorine, I'm not making that up.

LS: Yeah.

JP: (Unintelligible) I mean, he shouldn't have got me involved in it, know what I'm saying?

LS: Yeah. It's almost like he was trying to use you as an alibi.

JP: Well, I mean, when I first got down there, if you listen to that interview, when I first talked, I thought, this is like an alibi from hell. Then I find a piece of mail, and I didn't find the piece of mail until the next morning, Monday morning, in the bathroom. It was in the trash can. (Unintelligible)... he had like a couple of brochures from, like, Salida, and a reality company, them brochure things, all balled up with it, and then it was like on top of the trash can, and I knocked them off and there was a piece of mail in there and it had Barry on it.

LS: Wow. And he never came back?

JP: No. I mean, (unintelligible) ...Monday morning comes, see I was just down there helping. I wasn't even part of the deal. The girl before, Nicky, um, Morgan, she, Barry called her and said, the reason why I had to come back the night before, Sunday night, was because of family. First of all, it was a family emergency, then the next night he said she was missing. That's what he said.

LS: So did he spend the night, Sat. night, there?

JP: I couldn't tell ya...um...no, cuz well, I don't know. Cuz I seen him here Saturday. I was over here working over there, and seen him Saturday morning. (Unintelligible)...Morgan and him worked that place down there.

LS: The Salida County 105?

JP: That house across from that river.

LS: By the river. Yeah.

JP: They worked there a couple of hours, and she told me that Barry said they were gonna go hiking or riding, bike riding, that day, or something like that. But anyway, then I seen Barry here around, I wanna say I seen him twice, but I'm not for sure. But I know I seen him once, putting that piece on the bucket, the plate. And um... and then, as far as I know his whereabouts right around 12, right around lunch time, 1:00 or 2:00, something, right here, getting his bucket thang fixed.

LS: Are you talking about on the Bobcat, the digging thing?

JP: Yeah, on the Bobcat.

(continued in next post).

JP: Yeah, and then... Alright... And then later on, I talked to like... weeks later... I was talking to the people that own the stove and fire(?) place, and they said that, um, Barry had come in there and got some stuff outta there. Got some stuff. Supplies. Saturday evening, something like that. So, I knew he was with her, Morgan working there, and here, around lunch time. So, Saturday, he was here. Around lunch, ya know. Eatin' time. It was like between 4, 5 or 6, something like that, that he was down there getting some stuff, from there, so. And then home. Ya know, so that must be when he went and done it. I'm guessin'.

LS: And then on Sunday, what time did you arrive at the hotel?

JP: Oh, I didn't go til Sunday night, I actually was... He asked Morgan to ask me if I could go down there and work. I work, I was working with Jeff, me and Robert (?), I work for DSI, I work for Jeff. And so, why would you ask me when I know I got a job? So, um, I was trying to clarify, I can't just go out on my own, I can't just go down there. So, I was trying to find... Jeff went turkey hunting, and then, um, I was trying to figure it out, what I was gonna do. So, (unintelligible)...and then (?) come through here and he said, "You got Barry's number?" So I called Barry and I says, "Barry, you need me down in Denver?" And, "Yeah." So, I said "Ok." And I was, I talked to him then, and that was it, far as talking to him. And then...

LS: Did he pay you for at least going to...

JP: He paid me when I got back, and he had paid me, um, paid all 3 of us. Me, her...Morgan and Cassidy.

LS: Ok. And as far as, like, take me back through the hotel room. What did you smell? What did you see?

JP: The chlorine. I smelled something. I mean, it's kinda odd, (unintelligible). I'm thinking, I'm thinking, Barry...I'm not thinking his alibi is the chlorine. I'm thinking his alibi just looks like it, ya know what I'm saying? You find the mail there, and like, man, this is just weird. Know what I'm saying? The gig is up.

LS: Did the towels smell like chlorine?

JP: Nah (unintelligible), the room did. First walked in there I was like, damn. Cuz I'm like, why would you have the smell of .... Cuz I mentioned the chlorine later on, weeks later, talking to the people that owned the spa place, and they both looked at each other. So he must have bought chlorine or something, but I'm just guessing, Saturday maybe. So, that's why I think when I mentioned chlorine to them, they kinda looked at each other, the husband and wife that owns it. So, they was kinda like...he must have bought chlorine from them, I'm assuming. Ya know? But, I don't know, it's just weird.

I mean, we got down there, and the stuff that had to be got done down there, we had nothing to work with.

LS: There was no tools?

JP: Well there was like, shelves that he left in the hotel lobby, like shelves, a couple of shelves with the rakes. But as far as...ya gotta picture, this wall was done like last year deal. And it was messed up. So, Monday and Tuesday, we kinda, we kinda, messed with it, and got it straightened halfway decent, best we could. And then, so, the wall kinda runs up like yay high, runs across there, and tilts back down. But the CDOT wanted it to like, come up, and like, run like, like add about another 2-3 layers to the top of that, and work across here and then warp way down at the end. And, um, boss would be there Monday morning. Never showed up.

LS: Wow.

JP: Um, And you gotta do lifts, and you gotta put dirt in there. Get a machine and pack it down. Get an inspector to come and inspect it (unintelligible). And each time you put a little foot (?) in the little lift, you gotta run a little machine across , you gotta get it packed down, and you gotta get a man, an inspector, and come and inspect from the county or town. Inspect it. And then you can do the next one.

LS: So were there just no tools to do that part?

JP: Well, (unintelligible)... there were probably, and I'm just guessing, probably a couple of loads of dirt. (Unintelligible) wasn't none of that *advertiser censored* down there. Wasn't nothing. I got mad about it and said, "I'm going home."

(I will continue later when I get some more time. This was a way more difficult job than I expected. ;))

I'm going to try my best to translate. I'm from Mississippi, so I speak JP. :cool:

JP: But I didn't mean to either. Cuz I was under the impression they was somebody...I don't wanna talk to 'em.

JP: No, I thought it might have been like a private detective or something like that, but I mean, something like that, but then they come out and give me a business card and I talked to them. Know what I'm saying?

JP: I looked at it a while ago, and they misconstrued a lot of things I said, ya know what I'm saying?

JP: They just kinda blew **** outta the water, you know what I'm saying, ya know?

LS: Uh huh. Would you want to do an interview with us to set this record straight?

JP: Well, I mean, a lot of stuff I said, I mean it. I mean what I say, but I mean, as far as finding the mail in the room down there...it was one piece of mail (unintelligible).

JP: It was one piece of mail, and they said I found a bunch of mail, and I said one piece of mail. And they said I was...(unintelligible). And, I mean, the room did smell like chlorine, I'm not making that **** up.

JP: (Unintelligible) I mean, he shouldn't have got me involved in it, know what I'm saying?

JP: Well, I mean, when I first got down there, if you listen to that interview, when I first talked, I thought, this is like an alibi from hell. Then I find a piece of mail, and I didn't find the piece of mail until the next morning, Monday morning, in the bathroom. It was in the trash can. (Unintelligible)... he had like a couple of brochures from, like, Salida, and a reality company, them brochure things, all balled up with it, and then it was like on top of the trash can, and I knocked them off and there was a piece of mail in there and it had Barry on it.

JP: No. I mean, (unintelligible) ...Monday morning comes, see I was just down there helping. I wasn't even part of the deal. The girl before, Nicky, um, Morgan, she, Barry called her and said, the reason why I had to come back the night before, Sunday night, was because of family. First of all, it was a family emergency, then the next night he said she was missing. That's what he said.

JP: I couldn't tell ya...um...no, cuz well, I don't know. Cuz I seen him here Saturday. I was over here working over there, and seen him Saturday morning. (Unintelligible)...Morgan and him worked that place down there.

JP: They worked there a couple of hours, and she told me that Barry said they were gonna go hiking or riding, bike riding, that day, or something like that. But anyway, then I seen Barry here around, I wanna say I seen him twice, but I'm not for sure. But I know I seen him once, putting that piece on the bucket, the plate. And um... and then, as far as I know his whereabouts right around 12, right around lunch time, 1:00 or 2:00, something, right here, getting his bucket thang fixed.

Thanks for transcribing! It's hard to understand some of what he's saying. When he says "Barry" it sounds like he's saying "Bay."

I don't think it's surprising that Barry never came back on Monday, after all, all they knew at that point was that his wife was missing. BM probably just figured they would think that was the reason there was no machinery and all he could manage was leaving a few rakes behind and moving a few piles of dirt.

I think one reason Barry asked JP to go at the last minute was because he knew he wouldn't be there himself and was hoping between the three of them they could handle the job. JP did say they fixed it as best they could.

IMO

Last edited:

JP: They just kinda blew **** outta the water, you know what I'm saying, ya know?

JP: It was one piece of mail, and they said I found a bunch of mail, and I said one piece of mail. And they said I was...(unintelligible). And, I mean, the room did smell like chlorine, I'm not making that **** up.

I feel bad for whoever the court reporter will be on the day that JP testifies at trial! I think JP is actually a super credible witness. Despite BM’s characterization of him. I think BM looked down upon him and the others he used as pawns but these folks are smarter and more perceptive than he anticipated. And they will actually be believable to a jury. MOO.

Thank you so much, @swedeheart, for the transcript!

That was a very insightful interview.

I feel bad for whoever the court reporter will be on the day that JP testifies at trial! I think JP is actually a super credible witness. Despite BM’s characterization of him. I think BM looked down upon him and the others he used as pawns but these folks are smarter and more perceptive than he anticipated. And they will actually be believable to a jury. MOO.

I agree, I think BM felt far superior to his work crew and possibly never let them forget it, like he was doing them a favor, letting them work for him.

IMO

Why did BM need the bobcat bucket repaired by Saturday lunchtime, when MG didn’t mention that it was damaged when she smoothed the beach with it on Saturday morning?
Enquiring minds want to know!
ETA: what happened between 11am and 12 or 1 pm?
moo

JP: Yeah, and then... Alright... And then later on, I talked to like... weeks later... I was talking to the people that own the stove and fire(?) place, and they said that, um, Barry had come in there and got some stuff outta there. Got some stuff. Supplies. Saturday evening, something like that. So, I knew he was with her, Morgan working there, and here, around lunch time. So, Saturday, he was here. Around lunch, ya know. Eatin' time. It was like between 4, 5 or 6, something like that, that he was down there getting some stuff, from there, so. And then home. Ya know, so that must be when he went and done it. I'm guessin'.

LS: And then on Sunday, what time did you arrive at the hotel?

JP: Oh, I didn't go til Sunday night, I actually was... He asked Morgan to ask me if I could go down there and work. I work, I was working with Jeff, me and Robert (?), I work for DSI, I work for Jeff. And so, why would you ask me when I know I got a job? So, um, I was trying to clarify, I can't just go out on my own, I can't just go down there. So, I was trying to find... Jeff went turkey hunting, and then, um, I was trying to figure it out, what I was gonna do. So, (unintelligible)...and then (?) come through here and he said, "You got Barry's number?" So I called Barry and I says, "Barry, you need me down in Denver?" And, "Yeah." So, I said "Ok." And I was, I talked to him then, and that was it, far as talking to him. And then...

LS: Did he pay you for at least going to...

JP: He paid me when I got back, and he had paid me, um, paid all 3 of us. Me, her...Morgan and Cassidy.

LS: Ok. And as far as, like, take me back through the hotel room. What did you smell? What did you see?

JP: The chlorine. I smelled something. I mean, it's kinda odd, (unintelligible). I'm thinking, I'm thinking, Barry...I'm not thinking his alibi is the chlorine. I'm thinking his alibi just looks like it, ya know what I'm saying? You find the mail there, and like, man, this is just weird. Know what I'm saying? The gig is up.

LS: Did the towels smell like chlorine?

JP: Nah (unintelligible), the room did. First walked in there I was like, damn. Cuz I'm like, why would you have the smell of .... Cuz I mentioned the chlorine later on, weeks later, talking to the people that owned the spa place, and they both looked at each other. So he must have bought chlorine or something, but I'm just guessing, Saturday maybe. So, that's why I think when I mentioned chlorine to them, they kinda looked at each other, the husband and wife that owns it. So, they was kinda like...he must have bought chlorine from them, I'm assuming. Ya know? But, I don't know, it's just weird.

I mean, we got down there, and the stuff that had to be got done down there, we had nothing to work with.

LS: There was no tools?

JP: Well there was like, shelves that he left in the hotel lobby, like shelves, a couple of shelves with the rakes. But as far as...ya gotta picture, this wall was done like last year deal. And it was messed up. So, Monday and Tuesday, we kinda, we kinda, messed with it, and got it straightened halfway decent, best we could. And then, so, the wall kinda runs up like yay high, runs across there, and tilts back down. But the CDOT wanted it to like, come up, and like, run like, like add about another 2-3 layers to the top of that, and work across here and then warp way down at the end. And, um, boss would be there Monday morning. Never showed up.

LS: Wow.

JP: Um, And you gotta do lifts, and you gotta put dirt in there. Get a machine and pack it down. Get an inspector to come and inspect it (unintelligible). And each time you put a little foot (?) in the little lift, you gotta run a little machine across , you gotta get it packed down, and you gotta get a man, an inspector, and come and inspect from the county or town. Inspect it. And then you can do the next one.

LS: So were there just no tools to do that part?

JP: Well, (unintelligible)... there were probably, and I'm just guessing, probably a couple of loads of dirt. (Unintelligible) wasn't none of that **** down there. Wasn't nothing. I got mad about it and said, "I'm going home."

(I will continue later when I get some more time. This was a way more difficult job than I expected. ;))

A thousand likes for your translation,I was finding it so difficult to fully understand the conversation. Thank you for spending the time to do it ,cannot have been an easy task.

Absolutely. And if BM’s story was that he went home and took SM “biking or hiking” then he would’ve been caught in a huge lie because he was fixing his bobcat and shopping! o_O

I wonder if the hiking or biking comment was because BM had not yet decided what he planned to say had happened to Suzanne and was still considering his alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle