TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes FG1, I don't believe this is a burglary either. At first instance to me he looks like, h'mm, maybe a psych nurse/warden checking on the patients, going from room to room .... then he starts swinging his hammer and breaking into doors and he takes on, err, an unhinged lunatic look ..... and yet, why aren't they caught yet? If this is the same guy driving round the car-park, h'mm, I have to say, the way he parks that car is absolute perfection, I mean, you couldn't fault that manoeuvre, IT IS PERFECT ... who is this guy!
I like your comparison with a psych nurse, haha!!
Apropos the SWFA car: who would drive around the building and then park at the most illuminated spot, he could find, if he had -let me say- a tryst with some lover or similar? I think, there must have been another reason, and assisting in the church crime would make a sense to me.

Definitely shin-insole guards. Google images shows tons of them, mostly for sparring, so not worn over pants, but there are also industrial ones that do fit over pants. This person was prepared for combat with an experienced foe. So freaking bizarre! jmo...........................(I didn't see any for the purpose of a church-burgle mission) jmo

Last edited:
IF it is true that a "passerby" saw a dark SUV exiting CCoC at around 4:30 AM would it have to have been turning right? Or could it cross over to the lanes heading south?

A vehicle exiting the CCOC driveway has the ability to turn either right or left. Which way the driver intended to go would have been unknown, while the car was in that driveway, unless they had a turn signal flashing.

Thank you.
I have read a gun was found at the scene, but couldn't understand if it was used or just left there...
I also have read that she was hit by a heavy object (unknown) but probably the large hammer suspect was carrying...
I also have read a knife was used...
Is it possible all three methods were used? All three weapons?

You ask "is it possible" that she was attacked with multiple weaponry, and of course all kinds of things are possible. But we have been given no actual reason to go beyond handgun.

I have followed this case from the outset. What has been revealed so far
(1) the only gun found was Missy's, and it was still in her vehicle,
(2) LE has never revealed to the public the means or manner of death, at all, which of course leads to people guessing wildly,
(3) as a result people without knowledge have speculated on all sorts of weaponry and ways they were used, some based on a misunderstanding of what LE has said and others just making stuff up since no one knew anything (until the official UCR reports, revealing it was a death by handgun, were discovered), and
(4) what little LE has said about how MB was killed is consistent with her having been shot (although some have been confused by their careful, easy to-misunderstand wording).

Last edited:
There is also a chance, that these are no shin-guards in a traditional martial arts/riot gear sense, but perhasps leg gaitors.

Something thinner IMO than a traditional shin guard seems to be reaching over half of the (right) shoe/boot:
MB PANTS 4 pr.png

Click to enlarge

There are many different snake guards/ leg gaitors available on the market. Some are more hard shell/ rubber.

The rubber ones/ hard shell ones may have some space around the knee area, if they don't fit a small leg for example.

Two leg gaitor models - out of many:

leg gaitors.png leg gaitors2.png
Click to enlarge

Leg gaitors are designed to protect the leg during outdoor activities from snake bites to getting stabbed by cactus needles, thorns etc..

ALL IMO

-Nin

I've been down this path with someone else who used this source and the accuracy of this unofficial database. Yes, if I go to "Search Cases" and plug in all of the datapoints of Missy's case and use "Handgun" it shows one unsolved case. However, if pick other cases the accuracy seems suspect.

I can't speak to the other cases you have tried to look up. But the UCR data for the MB case is clear, and there is no lack of clarity in matching her case. All the details fit precisely. And when we get to the means of killing, it tells us she was killed by handgun.

You ask "is it possible" that she was attacked with multiple weaponry, and of course all kinds of things are possible. But we have been given no actual reason to go beyond handgun.

I have followed this case from the outset. What has been revealed so far
(1) the only gun found was Missy's, and it was still in her vehicle,
(2) LE has never revealed to the public the means or manner of death, at all, which of course leads to people guessing wildly, and
(3) as a result people without knowledge have speculated on all sorts of weaponry and ways they were used, some based on a misunderstanding of what LE has said and others just making stuff up since no one knew anything (until the official UCR reports, revealing it was a death by handgun, were discovered).

Yes, I do think that Law Enforcement has purposely been vague about the weapons. Or weapon. It is understandable from an LE perspective.

Wow. Great job.
Did this person wrap Saran Wrap around their boots and legs or am I seeing things?

I was thinking if it is some sort of plastic wrap, maybe it was to avoid leaving footprints. But then again, it could be the leg gaitors NIN mentioned which I suppose could also help with that purpose.

As much as I try, the only thing I can believe I see regarding SP's feet is that they're an above ankle boot or something between that a half calf boot. And they appear to be bloused — whether into the boot itself, or using a boot blousing strap or something similar. I certainly don't see a wrap around leg gaiter. It could be one that sits on the shin only. Really hard to tell anything with the quality of the footage.

I've just recently started following this thread.
I'm also reading available info found by google searches, etc.
There are certainly good researchers here and very valuable well researched information.
I'll continue to scan the early years of this thread, but would like to ask a question, if anyone can answer.
With all possible knowledge and sensitivity: How Missy was Missy killed?
Gun?
Knife?
The hammer like object?
I ask this to try to bring ideas as to the contents of the plastic basket (if that is what it is), and the reason for carrying it.
TIA.
The fatal wound was a gunshot.
The suspect was not carrying a knife, as far as we know. SP was carrying a hammer.
The plastic basket contained some small tools. It was picked up in room 10 and SP discarded it before the murder. Most of the items that were in it would not have been helpful in the attack. I can’t confirm this but there MIGHT have been a small screwdriver in the basket. But I do not know whether SP kept it (if it even existed).

The suspect was not carrying a knife, as far as we know. SP was carrying a hammer.
The plastic basket contained some small tools. It was picked up in room 10 and SP discarded it before the murder. Most of the items that were in it would not have been helpful in the attack. I can’t confirm this but there MIGHT have been a small screwdriver in the basket. But I do not know whether SP kept it (if it even existed).

So what would interest SP enough to carry it? (Assuming that if it were of monetary value to a burglar he/she would put it in their pouches and move along). Is it assorted keys, Allen wrenches...? Things to assist in unlocking, locking, jamming, leverage?

Why wear all those pockets and specialized gear and have the ability to break in and yet need to utilize small items within the building to aid your crime —-unless it something you can’t access elsewhere? Like room keys, cabinet keys,...?

Or is SP afraid of using their own tools and have things possibly identified or accidentally left on the scene and used as evidence? Are the ‘tools’ like others previously speculated - setting the stage/acting/misdirection?

All my own opinions.

I'm not disputing your information on the plastic basket as I am new to this thread.
But, how do we know this -

"The plastic basket contained some small tools. It was picked up in room 10 and SP discarded it before the murder."

I haven't seen all video available, so I must have missed it.

MOO

Any detailed info on this basket would be appreciated.

If SP put the basket down at some point, would there be some transfer DNA?

Other thoughts if anyone wants to respond:

It occurs to me SP was behaving as though participating in a movie or a film. Actually he was, and seemed to know it.
SP was costumed up as both Police and Warrior.
Every aspect of clothing, shoes, helmet, etc., was a singular distraction and all together was far more than one person could take in visually at a quick moment and fully comprehend - what was this person and what was he doing here...
His movements, he acted like a meandering, wandering, menacing madman.

Could he have been able to sit in a vehicle and drive to and from- drive it away with all that body gear on?

How did he have time to escape, collect bullet casings, discard the multiple costume items, weapons, without being seen on any camera or by any person.

I believe it had to be two people. Had to be another as a driver at minimum.

So what would interest SP enough to carry it? (Assuming that if it were of monetary value to a burglar he/she would put it in their pouches and move along). Is it assorted keys, Allen wrenches...? Things to assist in unlocking, locking, jamming, leverage?

Why wear all those pockets and specialized gear and have the ability to break in and yet need to utilize small items within the building to aid your crime —-unless it something you can’t access elsewhere? Like room keys, cabinet keys,...?

Or is SP afraid of using their own tools and have things possibly identified or accidentally left on the scene and used as evidence? Are the ‘tools’ like others previously speculated - setting the stage/acting/misdirection?

All my own opinions.
Yes!

Just as you say:

"setting the stage/acting/misdirection?"

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Could he have been able to sit in a vehicle and drive to and from- drive it away with all that body gear on?
2 How did he have time to escape, collect bullet casings, discard the multiple costume items, weapons, without being seen on any camera or by any person.

Is it possible someone was sitting in a vehicle waiting outside? Sure. Is it necessary to think that? No. Do we have any evidence of another person outside? No.

1 I don't see an issue with the clothing. I think it was less onerous than is sometimes surmised - when I back away and look at the broad movements, the perp isn't restricted and moves easily and freely, with no more hindrance than someone wearing a coat on a cold day, and I think they're actually more coordinated and athletic, too. Any number of SUV's are easy enough to enter and exit even if a person is not small. IMO the only thing they must have had to remove would have been the helmet. They didn't have to disrobe until they got home.

2 Apparently the murder itself, and the departure, happened to occur where there was no camera, so dealing with a camera would have been no factor in the time needed to exit. In the same vein, what had to happen after the murder may have been simple and swift, naturally. Some bullet casings don't eject, but even if they did there may have been as few as two to collect. Beyond that, the perp could have simply returned the gun to a pocket and walked out the door, taking off the helmet when getting to the car.

Last edited:
I'm not disputing your information on the plastic basket as I am new to this thread.
But, how do we know this -

"The plastic basket contained some small tools. It was picked up in room 10 and SP discarded it before the murder."

I haven't seen all video available, so I must have missed it.

MOO

Any detailed info on this basket would be appreciated.

If SP put the basket down at some point, would there be some transfer DNA?

Other thoughts if anyone wants to respond:

It occurs to me SP was behaving as though participating in a movie or a film. Actually he was, and seemed to know it.
SP was costumed up as both Police and Warrior.
Every aspect of clothing, shoes, helmet, etc., was a singular distraction and all together was far more than one person could take in visually at a quick moment and fully comprehend - what was this person and what was he doing here...
His movements, he acted like a meandering, wandering, menacing madman.

Could he have been able to sit in a vehicle and drive to and from- drive it away with all that body gear on?

How did he have time to escape, collect bullet casings, discard the multiple costume items, weapons, without being seen on any camera or by any person.

I believe it had to be two people. Had to be another as a driver at minimum.
I am a verified insider on this case, and the plastic basket info was obtained from credible sources.

There would not be transfer DNA. SP was wearing gloves.

As far as driving with the outfit, I would think SP would remove the helmet for sure and probably the vest. That’s it.

There is also a chance, that these are no shin-guards in a traditional martial arts/riot gear sense, but perhasps leg gaitors.

Something thinner IMO than a traditional shin guard seems to be reaching over half of the (right) shoe/boot:
View attachment 299501
Click to enlarge

There are many different snake guards/ leg gaitors available on the market. Some are more hard shell/ rubber.

The rubber ones/ hard shell ones may have some space around the knee area, if they don't fit a small leg for example.

Two leg gaitor models - out of many:

View attachment 299499 View attachment 299500
Click to enlarge

Leg gaitors are designed to protect the leg during outdoor activities from snake bites to getting stabbed by cactus needles, thorns etc..

ALL IMO

-Nin

Could the suspect drive a vehicle while wearing these leg gaitors?

Thank you for this information.

I am a verified insider on this case, and the plastic basket info was obtained from credible sources.

There would not be transfer DNA. SP was wearing gloves.

As far as driving with the outfit, I would think SP would remove the helmet for sure and probably the vest. That’s it.

Thanks again. I didn't realize you are a verified insider.
I hope my questions are not inappropriate.

Could the suspect drive a vehicle while wearing these leg gaitors?

Probably. I use gaiters for cross-country skiing -- keeps snow from getting into your boots & packed into your laces -- and driving in them is no problem.

Gaiters: akers-ski.com

We have other ones, different fabric, for hiking/walking in brush & bugs & snakes, also no problem to drive.

Now of course IDK if our SP had some other sort of specialty gaiters....

jmho ymmv lrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member