Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She should be non bondable. She is clearly a flight risk. Also I can't believe my ears. Does she get 24 hrs between being bonded out,and getting a monitor? Do they seriously think she can be trusted to comply if bonded out? SMH.

It sounded like they have a point scale used for assessment of information to determine flight risk, bond and its parameters. My guess is the judge has certain guidelines based on the point system, etc. and made a decision within those.

It sounded like they have a point scale used for assessment of information to determine flight risk, bond and its parameters. My guess is the judge has certain guidelines based on the point system, etc. and made a decision within those.
That makes sense. Let's hope the charges are upgraded soon so that she's unable to post bond.

Am I reading it right that the neighbor of DO, who works at SO’s school, is DO’s next door or across the street neighbor?..

curious if she had asked DO why SO hadn’t been in school after a few days ..
If Samuel was sick with suspected Covid, the parent is supposed to notify the school immediately so close contacts could be tested/quarantined.

Depends on the state, but some require a doctors note after 10 consecutive days of being absent from school.

DO would be the contact person for the school, so he would have known he was very sick to miss a month of school?
JMO

This absolutely needs to change. IMO there should be an entire law enforcement department dedicated to helping custodial parents get their kids back, and then have the violator lose access to the child. If they cant follow court orders, clearly they are unfit to make good parenting decisions. I am sick of these "parents" who alienate the other parent for selfish reasons, then place them in dangerous situations. This case and Cash, these poor mothers. The fathers should be held responsible and charged as well. Moo.
I think this custody situation, with Samuel's parents, is more complicated than we all originally thought. I'm keeping that separate, tbh, than the crime against Samuel.

jmo

WTH? She's hasn't exceeded allowable points? Do they want her to be in the wind? What's next Are they going to give her the keys to the city, put her in charge of Child protective services? MOO

If Samuel was sick with suspected Covid, the parent is supposed to notify the school immediately so close contacts could be tested/quarantined.

Depends on the state, but some require a doctors note after 10 consecutive days of being absent from school.

DO would be the contact person for the school, so he would have known he was very sick to miss a month of school?
JMO

Samuel was supposedly so sick that he missed a month of school, but his dad didn’t even talk to him on the phone to comfort him?! JMO

That detail about the TB and her mom sleeping at the apartment also showed up in MSM yesterday too, as I read it in an article before reading in arrest affidavit today.
jmo
I haven't seen affidavit yet, but here is one of the msm references below.

I would love to know if affidavit provides more detail on this...

1)- TB roommate was first interviewed 6/28 and said that TB and her mom were sleeping in the apartment the morning of 6/27. The way it was characterized in one of the msm reports it seemed like TB's roommate put them in the apartment at a time that may have conflicted with abduction claim timeline. Can anyone help elaborate on that timeline based on documents?
2) - Also looking for clarity if TB roommate was not forthcoming in first interview 6/28 and not until the 31st (maybe after searching by his apartment and warrant in process or obtained for apt and car) ?
3)- Anything more re: TB's mom - was she present for or back up abduction claim?

It sounds like the first excerpt below is how Balboa’s mother’s residence came into the story.

Excerpts:
Detectives interviewed Balboa’s roommate and learned that he came home that Thursday and saw Balboa and her mother sleeping, but she left and arrived at a separate home where Balboa reported Sam taken.

The man who purchased the room for Balboa at the Best Western was the person who called Crime Stoppers, police said.

Balboa called him on May 31, asking for help after she got in an altercation, he told police. They met at a Wal Mart parking lot in Cleveland, and he drove her to the Webster storage unit, he said.

Surveillance footage shows a man and woman going into the room, after which the man got a tote from a truck and dragged it inside. He then called Crime Stoppers.

Samuel Olson could have died weeks before police discovered his body, documents reveal

Theresa Balboa bond set at $500,000 in in Samuel Olson case | khou.com

June 4, 2021

Bond conditions
Balboa did not appear in probable cause court, but a judge set her bail at $500,000, reported KHOU 11's Adam Bennett. If she is released, she must wear an ankle monitor and be under house arrest. She also cannot have contact with children.

"The facts set forth in this warrant are terribly disturbing," argued a prosecutor in court Friday.

Watch: First court hearing for Theresa Balboa (YouTube)

The public defender assigned to Balboa's case asked for a lower bond at $20,000, saying she has strong ties to Houston and has lived at the same address for more than three years. But the judge determined she is a flight risk because she was already on bond for another crime and also allegedly left Houston for Jasper with the child's body.

Where is the info that he was supposedly sick? I think he was sent to TB because of covid exposure, to protect DO's grandfather, not that Samuel was sick.

jmo
In one of the video interviews, the paternal grandmother stated that SO was not feeling well when he left her home for the last time, and the child was quarantined with TB. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam