GUILTY NV - Liam Husted, 7, homicide, State Route 160, Las Vegas, May 2021 *mother arrested*

‘We will not stop,’ new photo released, $10K reward offered in effort to identify dead child found near Mountain Springs | KLAS

Plus a better description of the trail and location. It is seeming like he was killed elsewhere and transported and there is speculation he was dropped shortly after dark. I would assume the vehicle was driven as far as possible up the gravel road and the boy dropped a scant few feet away.

Hiking Around Las Vegas, Red Rock Canyon NCA, Little Zion Route Map, Central

Would it be a possibility that this little boy is from an undocumented family and hasn't been reported missing for that reason?

Las Vegas is pretty lenient on this. "Don't Ask". Is the standard. So, I am leaning towards abuse or neglect. But, he was dropped off in a "known area" where he would be found. Which makes me wonder about some Cartel message.

I think this case will be a boyfriend or stepdad who lost it and killed his SO's child. The family is likely now on the run, and probably lived somewhat off the grid before this to the point that nobody is immediately missing this child. JMO.

Las Vegas is pretty lenient on this. "Don't Ask". Is the standard. So, I am leaning towards abuse or neglect. But, he was dropped off in a "known area" where he would be found. Which makes me wonder about some Cartel message.

How do you know this is a 'known area where he would be found'? That sounds like a long shot. Not questioning your comment, but really interested that this area is so active.

How do you know this is a 'known area where he would be found'? That sounds like a long shot. Not questioning your comment, but really interested that this area is so active.

Believe me, there is SO much empty space down there...why dump a body in a recreational area?

"The boy was found by a hiker on Friday morning, May 28 at the Mountain Springs Trailhead.".

That to me, means that the body wasn't really hidden.

Believe me, there is SO much empty space down there...why dump a body in a recreational area?

"The boy was found by a hiker on Friday morning, May 28 at the Mountain Springs Trailhead.".

Possibly because either your vehicle isn't sturdy enough to let you get to a more isolated place, or you aren't big enough/strong enough to carry or drag a body any distance?

At a trailhead, you'd know the body was likely to be discovered within a day or two, but you could be pretty sure it wouldn't be until morning, when you were a long way from there.

I just took a virtual drive out of Las Vegas along 160. The first area that is not super flat or abutted by sharp hills is Mountain Springs. The trailhead really is the first place to pull off #160 unnoticed. It was an urgent, desperate drop of a dead child. Sadly.
JMO

Last edited:
There is a Paiute reservation very close to downtown Las Vegas. I hope Metro has contacted the police there and are working with them.

There is a powwow scheduled to be held in Pahrump from Nov.19-21 of this year. A different powwow is being held in Sparks (northern NV) in very early September 2021.

Pow Wows in Nevada – Pow Wow Calendar

It's so concerning that this boy had not been identified.
I think something happened in the family and the family is flying under the radar. School just ended for the season and no one is aware that this poor boy is missing!

Can we at least give him a name for now until we find out who he is?

Very sad. He may not even be local. I worked at a Title One elementary in Vegas, kids came and went, constantly. You barely got to know their name...and they were gone. Often, they lived in SRO's, (Single Residence Occupancy hotel rooms) and had the most disorganized lives. Maybe the police will post his picture in those places. And the soup kitchen on Bonanaza. Lots of folks go there.

Very sad. He may not even be local. I worked at a Title One elementary in Vegas, kids came and went, constantly. You barely got to know their name...and they were gone. Often, they lived in SRO's, (Single Residence Occupancy hotel rooms) and had the most disorganized lives. Maybe the police will post his picture in those places. And the soup kitchen on Bonanaza. Lots of folks go there.
This just breaks my heart.

Is there any kind of a general pattern? I’m thinking of farm workers following the harvest/seasonal work?

Is there any kind of a general pattern? I’m thinking of farm workers following the harvest/seasonal work?

I really didn't ask. Most of the kids I knew, lived with single Moms. The women were working usually working at a hotel in housekeeping, or other jobs in the service industry. Lots of jobs doing private elder care giving in Nevada and Arizona.

I would be interested in the clothes this child was wearing. Were they new? Old? Well fitted? What about his shoes? Was he wearing underwear? Those would be good indicators of his SES background.

I really didn't ask. Most of the kids I knew, lived with single Moms. The women were working usually working at a hotel in housekeeping, or other jobs in the service industry. Lots of jobs doing private elder care giving in Nevada and Arizona.

I would be interested in the clothes this child was wearing. Were they new? Old? Well fitted? What about his shoes? Was he wearing underwear? Those would be good indicators of his SES background.
I'm getting the sinking feeling that the mom might be gone too. :( I hope the area surrounding where Little Zion was found was searched, as well as other pull-offs from the highway.

I'd also like a clothing description as I think it would have clues, but LE hasn't released the info (perhaps to help to confirm ID/rule out false ID).

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back