GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of y'all are very kind when it comes to his mamma. I don't feel the same way. At all. She had to know she was raising a fiend (IMO). This boy didn't just snap. Most killers don't start with a crime this intense especially at this age. There HAD to be signs. Mamma HAD to have seen them. When she saw proof that her fears were true she attempted to wash away the evidence. And help her son. The killer. She may have been in shock but not enough shock that kept her from her first instinct; to cover up for what she now knew was something SERIOUS. (all my opinion only but I feel it strongly)

I'm with you: I will not give her the benefit of the doubt

I have zero compassion for him. But I do wonder how much her Mom really knew.

We now know what he had told his friends---but I seriously doubt his mother ever heard about what he was saying.

Kids like him can be very good at keeping their parents in the dark about their true nature.

I agree. I have no compassion for him whatsoever. But I, too wonder how much his mom really knew.

I picture her scrubbing the pants in a WTH moment, mind racing. She didn't hide it, didn't discard it, didn't destroy it. So I'm a little confused about the charges, unless there's much more to the story that isn't being reported.

I'm not ready to judge his mother. I just can't. I was raised in a small town, my parents worked. A lot. The only time I spent with them was at dinner time, that was it. I was at school, they were at work. So, I'm 100% sure that my parents didn't even have a clue about what the heck I was doing in my teens. They got lucky because I didn't murder or injure anyone, or committed any other crazy crime. I couldn't have blamed them if I did something like that either. They were trying to hold the fort by working and providing financially. I never felt neglected either, I was pretty independent very early on. I have a GREAT relationship with both of my parents and know that they did their absolute best when it comes to raising me and my brother. So no, I can't blame the parents when a child commits a crime like this. Sometimes there are no signs, and if there are signs, they're so discreet that nobody ever notices until it's too late.

When I was 14, there was no way to track my every move. We can do that to our kids now, but I'm sure there are many, many, many ways of fooling a tracking app so the parents never really know where the kids actually are. I think it's naive to think that parents know everything about their kids.

I'm not ready to judge his mother. I just can't. I was raised in a small town, my parents worked. A lot. The only time I spent with them was at dinner time, that was it. I was at school, they were at work. So, I'm 100% sure that my parents didn't even have a clue about what the heck I was doing in my teens. They got lucky because I didn't murder or injure anyone, or committed any other crazy crime. I couldn't have blamed them if I did something like that either. They were trying to hold the fort by working and providing financially. I never felt neglected either, I was pretty independent very early on. I have a GREAT relationship with both of my parents and know that they did their absolute best when it comes to raising me and my brother. So no, I can't blame the parents when a child commits a crime like this. Sometimes there are no signs, and if there are signs, they're so discreet that nobody ever notices until it's too late.

When I was 14, there was no way to track my every move. We can do that to our kids now, but I'm sure there are many, many, many ways of fooling a tracking app so the parents never really know where the kids actually are. I think it's naive to think that parents know everything about their kids.

I think we will learn a lot about this family over the next year or so-- right now we don't have a lot of info about his mother or father. I just feel that what she did was an
attempt to cover up some activity she knew was wrong- and that was wrong.

AF was Angry!!! You don’t go from normal teen to stabbing a classmate “friend” 117 times without showing any previous signs of anger or rage. Especially when you premeditated murder, and according to friends, anybody would do. He didn’t name an intended target. JMO

I think we will learn a lot about this family over the next year or so-- right now we don't have a lot of info about his mother or father. I just feel that what she did was an
attempt to cover up some activity she knew was wrong- and that was wrong.
I agree. I think there is more to the story about what she actually knew, and did. The witness was compelled by morals or law to tell on her. I am curious which it was.

I think it is equally naive to think there weren’t any warning signs. There always are, and of course I don’t mean she knew he would commit murder, but I doubt she didn’t know deep inside he might have after the fact. She apparently was trying to cover for him.

I think it is equally naive to think there weren’t any warning signs. There always are, and of course I don’t mean she knew he would commit murder, but I doubt she didn’t know deep inside he might have after the fact. She apparently was trying to cover for him.

Why, so she could be his next victim?

presuming an accused person to be innocent until proven guilty doesnt seem to mean anything to people nowadays.

I am disturbed that so many are more than willing to lock someone up and throw away the key before theyve been convicted.

what if it were your child accused? We can all pat ourselves on the back for being such great parents that our child would never be accused of stabbing someone 100+ times. We are all full of hubris.

presuming an accused person to be innocent until proven guilty doesnt seem to mean anything to people nowadays.

I am disturbed that so many are more than willing to lock someone up and throw away the key before theyve been convicted.

what if it were your child accused? We can all pat ourselves on the back for being such great parents that our child would never be accused of stabbing someone 100+ times. We are all full of hubris.

common sense is what I rely on, not my parenting prowess, to know whether it is more likely than not that he is guilty. In this case, it’s more of a stretch he didn’t do it than a stretch that he did.

I am reserving judgement for the time being as we know virtually nothing about Aiden’s upbringing. Were there signs of something amiss? Does he have a juvenile record? What was going on with him?

The tampering with evidence situation is a whole other deal and that is solely about Aiden’s mother and poor decision making. This I have a problem with and she doesn’t get a pass from me on that.

As this case progresses and Aiden’s family life is dissected, his school and perhaps juvenile records become public along with the inevitable psychological assessments, a clearer picture will emerge. Then, and only then will we have the evidence to decide what went wrong and why and who knew what and when.

I’m not blaming or accusing anyone but Aiden right now. I do feel sorry for any parent dealing with this. I sure wouldn’t want to be in their shoes.

MOO

I feel like he is much more than just an "accused person." There is evidence on top of evidence that we know of already. And that's probably not even a third of what police have. And I guarantee if I was accused of this heinous crime, my mom wouldn't be cleaning any jeans for me. Doesn't matter if it's family, it's a brutal act of inhumanity. This isn't some trial by media issue, there is a multitude of evidence against AF. I think it's more of a stretch to say he didn't do it than to say he did. IMHO.

This is all MOO

I got chills watching Aiden get taken away with LE and his blatant posturing. I got chills watching him at his first virtual court appearance. These were not good chills.

There is something missing in this boy. He appears soulless. He’s empty. He lacks feeling. I actually wonder if he realizes how heinous this atrocity is and I don’t think he does. He really doesn’t care. He does carry an air of being proud. Hey…look at me…did you see what I did? I really thinks he finds it amusing but he’s not amused by what he did. He’s amused by the reaction he elicited as a result of his actions. That’s part of his pleasure. That’s what he’s enjoying now and for the long term. The short term pleasure was the kill. The power. The dominance amd maybe sexual release. We don’t know.

What I do know is that when you take all of this and put it together you go… OMG this is a really dangerous dude and he’s scary. Lack of feeling, lack of repentance and this bravado he emits makes him dangerous to all of us.

I will be pouring over the psych testimony when the time comes. It’s going to be very telling.

MOO

I feel like he is much more than just an "accused person." There is evidence on top of evidence that we know of already. And that's probably not even a third of what police have. And I guarantee if I was accused of this heinous crime, my mom wouldn't be cleaning any jeans for me. Doesn't matter if it's family, it's a brutal act of inhumanity. This isn't some trial by media issue, there is a multitude of evidence against AF. I think it's more of a stretch to say he didn't do it than to say he did. IMHO.

Always a good idea to be skeptical of what the police tell us.

Remember when the police told us that the case against the West Memphis 3 was an "11" on the scale of 1-10?

All I am saying is that everyone accused of a crime deserves to be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

Always a good idea to be skeptical of what the police tell us.

Remember when the police told us that the case against the West Memphis 3 was an "11" on the scale of 1-10?

All I am saying is that everyone accused of a crime deserves to be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

Everyone accused is presumed innocent until proven otherwise in a court of law. That doesn't necessarily apply to internet discussion forums or social media or coffee klatches or anywhere else, for better or worse.

The 724 home belongs to MTA and CS. The 732 home is owned by someone in West Palm Beach.
CS may have some current interest in house number 732. She used that address a couple years earlier as well. Or maybe it could be something as simple as not getting her address changed on her driver's license. St John's does appear to be a desirable place to have a home and some owners may only live there part time and rent out part of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni