TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why the interest in the case, 5 years after the fact? Unsolved burglaries happen every day."

I want to see justice for MB. It might be found in someone she knew. But it might instead be found in someone she didn't know, who was at the church for a much different purpose than some want to assume.The added drama of it being someone she knew, who was there to get her? Pffft, that's of no real enticement to me. I just want to see the killer brought to justice.

So I refuse to be over-focused on the possibility that the target was MB herself, because when we look objectively at what we know in this case, it's only personal biases, not evidence, that demands that idea. That imo means we also need to explore other hypotheticals - and what that might tell us - and if that's not as interesting or juicy to some, so be it, but it's where the answer might lie.

Last edited:
Totally random off topic. Does anyone understand the top the perp is wearing? So it's got the quilting at the back, but at the front we can see the v-neck top (which I still find odd for this outfit if it's a male) - but anyway, there seems to be a goody bag attached to it on the left-hand side creating an image of bulk there. Also this v-neck top seems to be made of a thin fabric? Thanks if anyone has a picture of what this jacket is.
View attachment 299789 View attachment 299790

I think, it is no v-neck shirt (white), he is wearing. Only the police vest (black) is building a slight V, is that possible? However, I'm wondering, why he is wearing a WHITE shirt, if it is one at all.

Last edited:
"Why the interest in the case, 5 years after the fact? Unsolved burglaries happen every day."

I want to see justice for MB. It might be found in someone she knew. But it might instead be found in someone she didn't know, who was at the church for a much different purpose than some want to assume.The added drama of it being someone she knew, who was there to get her? Pffft, that's of no real enticement to me. I just want to see the killer brought to justice.

So I refuse to be over-focused on the possibility that the target was MB herself, because when we look objectively at what we know in this case, it's only personal biases, not evidence, that demands that idea. That imo means we also need to explore other hypotheticals - and what that might tell us - and if that's not as interesting or juicy to some, so be it, but it's where the answer might lie.
So many coincidences there can't be, IMO. Not one reason, but several reasons, why possibly someone wanted MB non-existent. And exactly then happens something like her gruesome murder, when her husband is on his bucket list trip and even her f-i-l is away on a journey. A stalker, who found an evil interest in her, makes sense. But the "stalker" chose the right time: husband away, f-i-l plus wife away, one of the daughters of Missy NOT in company of her that morning (exceptionally?). The "stalker" had to choose a costume; he did know, he would kill his future victim. The stalker had to clear the surveillance/alarm of the building (waited for the result at SWFA perhaps). And that is all supposed to have happened by chance, because someone maybe wanted to steal the Sunday donations? Never ever I will beleave it. Of course I might be completely wrong one day.
I have the idea, the killer was someone (an experienced sk) on a "mission". Either he only desired his next thrill kill, which would make a media sensation (his goal). Or he combined his desire to do that, what he occasionally needs, with an order and for money. All IMO and MOO.

I just cannot rule out the gruesome, personalized OVERKILL. True, SP didn't know that the gunshot killed her, so an extra blow to the head is feasible, I guess, but why spend precious time to get away using tools to gouge and puncture and mutilate, when SP had a gun?

Sorry if this was already addressed. Is there any evidence of this? Where did this even come from?

OK. Which hypothetical at this point is most rational to you, adhering to known facts? I am not aware that early reports about "wounds consistent with the tools left at the scene" were debunked.
Yes, we do not know if there was only one gunshot. But we do know that puncture wounds were observed. For what purpose would puncturing with tools serve, since the quickest way to kill her was by gunshot? I have moved off my long-time POI, only because of the gait being a probable medical condition. But given what we know, I think it is far more likely than not, that SP's purpose was to kill Missy. JMO

1. WHY that church? - Because Missy advertised it on the web and promised to be there "rain or shine."
2. WHY that day? - Because Missy promised to be there and advertised it on the web.
3. WHY that time? - Because Missy advertised it on the web.
4. WHY Missy? - Because Missy was beautiful, confident, fit, sexually radiant, cheerful, reveled in the power of her physical attributes being the foundation of a successful life, was boldly uninhibited, seemed physically unflawed, had an approving fan following.
SB was none of these things. SB was short, dumpy, noticeably physically compromised. SB didn't hide their face as burglars might do. SB tried to hide their entire obviously compromised body in a costume that projected what they do not have - authority. SB's costume denies knowledge of their sexual identity and replaces it with an unanswered sexual question - What is it? We don't know, but what we do know is the unmistakable physical deformity that a full body costume could not hide.
We all might be a little bit, harmlessly jealous of a woman like Missy, but for some who suffer ridicule and bullying, she might embody everything they are not, a symbol defining a crushing, all encompassing inadequacy and a lifetime of failure to fit in. For some, the comparative thrust of our moment of envy might well become manifest as a jealous and vindictive rage in a stalker. Missy thrives on being the person who can help fix what is fixable and empowering. SB cannot be fixed.

I believe SB was an online stalker who developed a love/hate fixation for Missy and decided to bring their hatred to fruition in the "real" world. Missy provided the opportunity, the invitation to her location, the time. She did not disclose where in the building she might be before the start of class. That required a hunt on SB's part.
She promised to be there "rain or shine".
SB believed her. IMO
SP is not dumpy. They have an average to thin build.
Missy did not disclose that she would be in the building at all. It was quite rare for them to be in the building. She advertised that they would be under the awning. So how does that tie in to your theory of SP stalking her online, that SP could not predict whether or not she would even enter the building nor whether early birds would arrive at the same time she did?

OK. Which hypothetical at this point is most rational to you, adhering to known facts? I am not aware that early reports about "wounds consistent with the tools left at the scene" were debunked.
Yes, we do not know if there was only one gunshot. But we do know that puncture wounds were observed. For what purpose would puncturing with tools serve, since the quickest way to kill her was by gunshot? I have moved off my long-time POI, only because of the gait being a probable medical condition. But given what we know, I think it is far more likely than not, that SP's purpose was to kill Missy. JMO

This is another maddening aspect of this case. The absence of public access to a complete autopsy.

Sorry if this was already addressed. Is there any evidence of this? Where did this even come from?
It’s just rumor. There are people who want this to be overkill because that helps to support their theory of it being a “personal” murder. And in an online sleuthing community, that is how people are going to lean. They can’t sink their teeth into a crime that is random. They can’t easily sleuth a killer who has no connection at all to the victim. So they hope there IS a connection. And in this case sometimes it’s easy to want to take rumor and treat it as fact in order to reinforce the theory.

For five years people said, “It’s targeted. I know this because there was soooo much overkill, bludgeoning, gouging out an eye, intentionally puncturing breast implants, etc. if it weren’t targeted, they wouldn’t have done those things. They would have just shot her.”

Then after the gun news came out, the narrative changed to, “Ok, if she WAS shot... I bet the killer still did a lot of other stuff too!”

(Graphic alert)
The CSI report notes that there were pools of blood around Missy. I find it interesting that it doesn’t mention blood spatter, only pools. Now, maybe that’s just the CSI guy not being precise. But what it suggests to me is that the fatal wound may have occurred early on. Being shot is going to produce more flowing than spurting, particularly once the heart stops and there is no longer blood pressure built up that would push the blood out with force.

Last edited:
Missy did not disclose that she would be in the building at all. It was quite rare for them to be in the building. She advertised that they would be under the awning. So how does that tie in to your theory of SP stalking her online, that SP could not predict whether or not she would even enter the building nor whether early birds would arrive at the same time she did?
I'm assuming that absent her presence outside the building, the natural assumption would be that she was inside, especially if her vehicle was in the parking lot. I'm not discounting the possibility the murder wouldn't have happened in the parking lot. Its just how it worked out. Either way, the costume assured anonymity.

None of this negates the possibility of online stalking being brought to a more deadly level.

SP looks fairly dumpy to me. JMHO

Hmmm.....this make me have the thought....I wonder if MB opened the church every time for restroom access? I get they didn't have classes inside majority of the time, but did she always unlock the door and turn on a light so that campers had access to the restroom even when classes were outside?

If yes, then it could be someone familiar with this routine to KNOW she would 100% go into that church no matter where classes would be held.

PS I'm still undecided if random or targeted. Everytime I think I lean one way more than the other, someone says something to change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks