Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW: Special Prosecutor Rob Wood files withdrawal of contest in case against Lori Vallow. He will not dispute the evaluation/report on Vallow’s competency. State does not object to a medical physician’s eval/diagnosis w/ treatment plan to restore competence.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1401958150438199317

State's own expert has reviewed the competency report.

Could he be withdrawing so that there is no appeal issues?

So Chad wasn't too worried about being seen. He did visit the website "What is the definition of SSW wind direction?" (a Quora page) the previous day. What would they have done if the wind forecast had been unfavorable?

No, I don't think he was worried about being seen burning. I've driven by Chad's property and the fire pit is far enough from the road that he probably felt comfortable. But only because the body was in pieces. (Sorry to type that.) I imagine he and Alex positioned themselves with backs to the road between the fire pit and the road to sheild a bit and probably used the bucket, the green plastic one most likely, to bring pieces out one at a time after they had a good fire going with brush and wood. Maybe used a wheelbarrow. I do think they probably dismembered her in the red shed on the property and hope the FBI found plenty of evidence of that. Maybe Alex was in the shed doing the dirty work and Chad was bringing pieces out to the fire pit. Yes, now that I think about it this makes the most sense and would look the least suspicious.

There is a canal and fences bordering Chad's property so it wasn't like someone would pull up and chat or ask what was going on. The backyard area really isn't set up for easy access for a vehicle or a curious neighbor to just stop in and get close.

So, while I don't think he was worried about being seen, I DO think he was plenty worried about smell. He REALLY did not want that smell going the wrong direction with the wind. I think the G**gle search about wind direction was totally about keeping that smell from neighbors. The wind in southeast Idaho is almost exclusively from the south west. In relation to Chad's property, that has the smell moving out over pasture and farm land with the wind and not near any close houses.

I waited nearly a month for the right day to burn my pile. I wanted NO wind on that day. Even if it's a very still day, there are always little breezes that come up, and that can get very dangerous very quickly when burning. And the LAST thing Chad would have wanted was for the fire to spread on a breeze and have to call the fire dept. Lordy, can you imagine if that had happened? I had garden hoses running with water around the perimeter of my pile the whole time I burned and doused the crap out of it when I was done, in addition to shovelling dirt on the pile. And I was still nervous.

I guess when I think about it, they probably wanted the wind mild enough to carry the smell away but in the right direction, and not so windy that the fire would get out of control, even in a fire pit. If it had been a really windy day or the wind was coming from another direction they would have been screwed.

Can someone remind me if it was after Tylee or JJ that Alex stopped at del Taco on his way back from Chads? If it was after Tylee, that has me wondering when the dismemberment took place, and where. That would have been messy. And being around any burning, let alone a body burning, makes you stink and in need of a shower. Maybe he used the drive thu? MOO

I about freaked out when I found the next door neighbor dead last year.

Instant snapshot:

It's dark out, no lights on
She's at the table, hair in rollers
Breakfast uneaten

I more or less slid down the deck stairs while calling 911.

Trust me. Not all of us are hard wired for emergencies. JMO

These images are in my dreams--rather nightmares, and I can never even dial the numbers on my phone. I FEAR how useless i would be in an emergency.

No, I don't think he was worried about being seen burning. I've driven by Chad's property and the fire pit is far enough from the road that he probably felt comfortable. But only because the body was in pieces. (Sorry to type that.) I imagine he and Alex positioned themselves with backs to the road between the fire pit and the road to sheild a bit and probably used the bucket, the green plastic one most likely, to bring pieces out one at a time after they had a good fire going with brush and wood. Maybe used a wheelbarrow. I do think they probably dismembered her in the red shed on the property and hope the FBI found plenty of evidence of that. Maybe Alex was in the shed doing the dirty work and Chad was bringing pieces out to the fire pit. Yes, now that I think about it this makes the most sense and would look the least suspicious.

There is a canal and fences bordering Chad's property so it wasn't like someone would pull up and chat or ask what was going on. The backyard area really isn't set up for easy access for a vehicle or a curious neighbor to just stop in and get close.

So, while I don't think he was worried about being seen, I DO think he was plenty worried about smell. He REALLY did not want that smell going the wrong direction with the wind. I think the G**gle search about wind direction was totally about keeping that smell from neighbors. The wind in southeast Idaho is almost exclusively from the south west. In relation to Chad's property, that has the smell moving out over pasture and farm land with the wind and not near any close houses.

I waited nearly a month for the right day to burn my pile. I wanted NO wind on that day. Even if it's a very still day, there are always little breezes that come up, and that can get very dangerous very quickly when burning. And the LAST thing Chad would have wanted was for the fire to spread on a breeze and have to call the fire dept. Lordy, can you imagine if that had happened? I had garden hoses running with water around the perimeter of my pile the whole time I burned and doused the crap out of it when I was done, in addition to shovelling dirt on the pile. And I was still nervous.

I guess when I think about it, they probably wanted the wind mild enough to carry the smell away but in the right direction, and not so windy that the fire would get out of control, even in a fire pit. If it had been a really windy day or the wind was coming from another direction they would have been screwed.

Can someone remind me if it was after Tylee or JJ that Alex stopped at del Taco on his way back from Chads? If it was after Tylee, that has me wondering when the dismemberment took place, and where. That would have been messy. And being around any burning, let alone a body burning, makes you stink and in need of a shower. Maybe he used the drive thu? MOO

Thank you for your insight! And the being there in the area.
Thank you.
Makes sense.
That is for this person - a person who feels absolutely nothing.
Stinking of death but hungry.

MOO

Last edited:
Could he be withdrawing so that there is no appeal issues?

I think so. LV, IMO, will pull any trick possible like felon Arias did. To try and stop a circus from happening, IMO, the Prosecution will let their people evaluate or re-evaluate LV. Then she can never come back on them. Remember a special Prosecutor is on board. I believe she feels something fishy may may be pulled. Remember all Arias did!?

with this I believe CD will try and go ahead to get their cases severed. Location will be changed. I think he will win on both accounts. Then LV will have a worry for sure. Also her attorney, Means, will not be able to lean on Prior. He will have to do a lot of work. This is where CD may flip on LV.

Jmoo

MOO that is going to be the alternative theory offered by the defense. JP all over it I am sure.
Fortunately, that’s never going to fly. Chad is the one who declared them all zombies. He obviously knew what had to be done to the zombies. He certainly wasn’t trying to give them safe haven so they could be rehabilitated. I haven’t read anything he’s written. Does he talk about zombies in his books?

Fortunately, that’s never going to fly. Chad is the one who declared them all zombies. He obviously knew what had to be done to the zombies. He certainly wasn’t trying to give them safe haven so they could be rehabilitated. I haven’t read anything he’s written. Does he talk about zombies in his books?
True, but the specifics need to be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Here are the defenses tools.
MOO Prior will go with number 1.
Its the most aggressive and involves destroying the prosecutions witnesses credibility.

"It wasn't me."
Strategy: Alternative theory to explain evidence

"It was me but there is a good reason."
Strategy: Self defense, aggravated circumstances, impaired.

"It was me, but I am crazy."
Strategy: Diagnosis of mental illness to stall for time.
Or genuinely crazy and needing restoration.

These images are in my dreams--rather nightmares, and I can never even dial the numbers on my phone. I FEAR how useless i would be in an emergency.

The one thing I remember us discussing on this forum is the responding officer came over to my house afterwards to let me know there was some cleaning to be done. I think you were here in February 2020? I was mulling that over considering how a police officer cleaned up after CV was shot. That still floors me. JMO

The one thing I remember us discussing on this forum is the responding officer came over to my house afterwards to let me know there was some cleaning to be done. I think you were here in February 2020? I was mulling that over considering how a police officer cleaned up after CV was shot. That still floors me. JMO
Most cities/counties have crime scene clean up companies they contract with to return the scene to working/living order. The companies have to go through special training, have one way through the scene and one way out (never retracing backwards) as they work from the front to the back taking contaminated items out, cleaning, disinfecting and sometimes repairing and/or replacing removed items. I was part of a group of responders to a local high school after a shooting, we were allowed in the building and instructed on the cleaning process and team (in an effort to not disturb their work). Because these issues are or could become public health concerns, most will need to be cleaned by professionals with appropriate equipment, chemicals, disposal procedures, etc. MOO

Its the most aggressive and involves destroying the prosecutions witnesses credibility.

"It wasn't me."

iMO they may have had a chance with one of these defenses IF it was only the children. Maybe. Now that Tammy has been added, that puts a bit of a kink in any defense. How did someone manage to murder her without Chad knowing? They could try to convince a jury that Tammy died of natural causes but there’s no evidence that she was feeling ill prior to her death. Wasn’t she training for a marathon or something? They have only Chad’s word and that’s not worth much. He’d have to testify and I doubt that will happen. I don’t envy Prior.

"It wasn't me."

BBM
Reasonable doubt, which is not the absolute absent of doubt but such doubt that an ordinarily prudent person would have in their most important affairs.

3. Would not be usable in Idaho, they don't have an insanity defense, and the closest to it implies the person had such a mental defect that they couldn't have had the mental state required for the crime they're accused (unlawfully killing someone after premeditation).

MOO

This is in regards to MM suddenly claiming LV to be incompetent. With the HUGE amount of time he has spent at the detention center over the last year, he surely would have noticed her incompetence a long time ago. She was charged with lesser felonies a year ago so why did he wait till murder charges were filed to make this claim? Was she just fine for a year and then suddenly and coincidentally became incompetent? Or, did he finally figure out they could get away with it so why not play that card? This case gets crazier and crazier.

I feel sorry for Means having to defend LV. I'd like to bet he never expected the case to build up to where we are now. And IMO we're not done yet, how many more arrests could be ahead.

Means, like most attorneys, is more than likely attracted to a case that will generate a lot of publicity.

I wrote on an earlier post, how many attorneys CD and LVD have had in their legal journey. Means has hung around longer than the others. The team from Boise bailed out quite quickly. First hearing, and gone.

I’ve had it. While I’m convinced Lori has just been spouting her “beliefs” to con people, Woods agrees Lori is crazy. Apparently if you pretend that you are chosen and killed people because you believed it was the right thing to do and just stick to your story you can avoid criminal culpability.

Meanwhile Chad’s defense can say even the prosecution agrees Lori is clearly off her rocker. And because she’s off her rocker she and Alex killed everyone without Chad’s involvement. Poor Chad’s is no more than a victim of Lori’s psychosis and must be set free. He may not get off scott free but the sentence if any will be a lot lighter be ause of Lori’s ploy.

If Lori can convince professionals she’s crazy she’ll also be able to convince them restorative treatment isn’t working. Until the dust settles, when she’ll be equally successful convincing whomever she needs to that she’s cured. And she’ll be released. Where she can rejoin Chad or Means or her shrink or whomever her sights are set on at the time.

Of course, a mental hospital is no picnic, if she recovers she’ll go to prison and blah, blah, blah. But I don’t like the odds that at the end of the day these monsters are going to get away with a few years in a facility, a slap on the wrist, sullied reputations and probably millions of $s in book and movie rights, podcast revenue, etc.. I envy the certainty of those comforted by the thought she’ll never see the light of day. I understand that logic but unfortunately I have more confidence in her ability to beat the system than I do in the system itself.

Karma’s a crock. Rightly or wrongly I’m convinced the prosecution is an unsuspecting (or cowardly) stooge who just handed Chad his get out of jail free card. Fearing there will never be justice for Tylee and JJ makes me feel sick. Not to mention the precedence this sets.

I know there are plenty of people who think poor Lori may really be crazy, but I don’t buy it. I’ll never buy it. If I continue to follow this case with my current mindset I’m just going to annoy myself and a bunch of other people too.

So unless and until I have a change of heart, or I’m wrong and Lori is someday actually brought to trial I’m afraid I’m done following this case. It’s not good for my disposition or the people who have to live with me.

MOO

I have a question(s).

On Wednesday, CD has a hearing. Prior of course will be there with his client, CD. Since LV is incompetent at this time and where ever she is, she will not be attending hearings until she is competent…because “LV does not understand”.

Prior will be sitting with CD at the defense table on Wednesday. Means may be allowed to attend and sit at the defense table until the Judge separates CD and LV trials.

Say the Judge separates the trials. At that point does Means have to leave the defense table and either leave the court room or sit in public viewing area (Covid rules).

Now comes other hearings and the trial for CD, Means wants to attend the hearings and trial, is he allowed to sit at the defense table or does Means have to sit in the public viewing area (if Covid rules allow.)

Just how much is Means out of the loop now? How much behind the scenes info is Means allowed to have now? I would think he would be like another lawyer watching the proceedings and he gets no information until he hears it at trial.

I always felt Means was sticking close to Prior because Means is not up on these types of cases. Means was hoping Prior would help Means get through this. I am thinking Means is out of the picture as far as being at the defense table and in the loop because of separate trials. Right?

JMOO but LV will not be happy for 2 different trials, not happy her attorney may not be able to get all the information she/they would like, and if I am right she will blow when CD flips on her. I think CD will try and save himself.
Thanks

This is in regards to MM suddenly claiming LV to be incompetent. With the HUGE amount of time he has spent at the detention center over the last year, he surely would have noticed her incompetence a long time ago. She was charged with lesser felonies a year ago so why did he wait till murder charges were filed to make this claim? Was she just fine for a year and then suddenly and coincidentally became incompetent? Or, did he finally figure out they could get away with it so why not play that card? This case gets crazier and crazier.
Means brought up the competency issue in March of this year. I suspect spending so much time with her had something to do with him questioning her competency. If she was telling him about zombies, being a god and the end times that didn’t happen I can understand why he wanted her evaluated. I think the evaluation was done sometime in April. The evaluator’s report was must have been completed sometime in May. It was done before they were indicted.

I have a question(s).

On Wednesday, CD has a hearing. Prior of course will be there with his client, CD. Since LV is incompetent at this time and where ever she is, she will not be attending hearings until she is competent…because “LV does not understand”.

Prior will be sitting with CD at the defense table on Wednesday. Means may be allowed to attend and sit at the defense table until the Judge separates CD and LV trials.

Say the Judge separates the trials. At that point does Means have to leave the defense table and either leave the court room or sit in public viewing area (Covid rules).

Now comes other hearings and the trial for CD, Means wants to attend the hearings and trial, is he allowed to sit at the defense table or does Means have to sit in the public viewing area (if Covid rules allow.)

Just how much is Means out of the loop now? How much behind the scenes info is Means allowed to have now? I would think he would be like another lawyer watching the proceedings and he gets no information until he hears it at trial.

I always felt Means was sticking close to Prior because Means is not up on these types of cases. Means was hoping Prior would help Means get through this. I am thinking Means is out of the picture as far as being at the defense table and in the loop because of separate trials. Right?

JMOO but LV will not be happy for 2 different trials, not happy her attorney may not be able to get all the information she/they would like, and if I am right she will blow when CD flips on her. I think CD will try and save himself.
Thanks
I am not a lawyer, but I think the trials are already separated since the judge put an indefinite stay on LVs progress through the court system. Anything related to her charges and court appearances is on hold. While CD continues through the process and gets arraigned on Wednesday. It seems to me the cases will be separated by default after the arraignment on Wednesday

There is no reason for Means to attend any of Chad’s court appearances. It would be a waste of his time, he is not part of CDs defense team and he couldn’t charge for the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member