Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. There is little to go on. Pretty much all we have is that he disappeared. Conflicting information as to who saw him last, what time and under what circumstances. If he took off to chill out because of an argument, it’s been way too long! Please come home Xavior!
I agrèe. IMO, someone disappeared him from that trailer park. From the videos I've watched, it looked like investigators left their home empty handed.

I hear you. I have seen this before but I don't yet understand the reason for it in this case. In addition to the fact that neither of the parent's names have been disclosed, where the father lives isn't being revealed, the neighbor had to report Xavior missing, the father spoke to a reporter but only off-camera, the mother hasn't spoken publicly at all, LE doesn't disclose who last saw him...all of these things together? Definitely unusual... MOO

If the mother didn't see Xavior and the neighbors didn't see Xavior, who did? :confused:

Breaking it down:

Evening of Wed, May 26: There was a heated argument heard by neighbors between Xavior and his mother around 8pm that lasted about 20 minutes.

Morning of Thurs, May 27th
: No one from the trailer park saw Xavior outside play
This awesome post gives a good timeline IMO
I'm new at this and PommyMommy's rest of the timeline got cut off. It's back on page 16.

If the fight ended abruptly that could indicate that someone was injured. If someone is reluctant to call LE for a missing child would they also be reluctant to call for medical treatment of an injured child? Just MOO. Just thinking about arguments. A heated argument could get physically abusive.
I would also think that neighbors would've heard and mentioned a door slamming if XH had left the trailer after the argument. MOO

JMO but when kids have hard home lives and get pushed into caretaker roles for the parents or siblings at tender ages, they tend to become kind of street smart. They also tend to attract the type of abuser who grooms them and gives them attention that the parents can't/don't. Abusers are drawn to this type of situation like bees to honey because they know they can easily obtain emotional dependence of the child and permissiveness from the parent. A parent may or may not be forthcoming with police about these types of relationships because they fear their own potential neglect may be exposed, or the fact that they allowed an abuser access to the child.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest this scenario in the thread, but if Xavior had any way to contact an adult "friend" after a fight with his mom, he could have been picked up by that person in a vehicle. If LE suspect this, it might explain some of their comments/apparent actions. But, this is just one of many possibilities.

JMO but when kids have hard home lives and get pushed into caretaker roles for the parents or siblings at tender ages, they tend to become kind of street smart. They also tend to attract the type of abuser who grooms them and gives them attention that the parents can't/don't. Abusers are drawn to this type of situation like bees to honey because they know they can easily obtain emotional dependence of the child and permissiveness from the parent. A parent may or may not be forthcoming with police about these types of relationships because they fear their own potential neglect may be exposed, or the fact that they allowed an abuser access to the child.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest this scenario in the thread, but if Xavior had any way to contact an adult "friend" after a fight with his mom, he could have been picked up by that person in a vehicle. If LE suspect this, it might explain some of their comments/apparent actions. But, this is just one of many possibilities.
That's what I (and I assume several others) thought at first too. I'm leaning away from that for now, however.

Jmo, subject to change as we learn more.

Does the report of him being seen at 11 am the next day still stand?

I think so. I haven't seen differently. I mean... The REPORT of it. Whether or not it actually happened may be a different story. The fact that there's no specific info about it is kind of telling, IMO.

The writing on the wall for this one seems super clear. I'm sure it is for LE too. I think they have a good idea of what happened based on some of the things they've said/done (calling off the search so soon, saying they don't think he's in the area, saying they searched all the places he could go by himself, not issuing any sort of alarm that there's a predator out there and people should be careful...). I think they're just collecting evidence at this point.

IMO

My (limited) understanding of manufactured/mobile homes is that there isn’t much storage area (no attics/basements or quaint Victorian nooks & crannies). The skirting/panels under the unit are designed for easy access. There aren’t many areas for a boy to hide, IMO, or be hidden :(.

IMO Yelling matches doesn’t equal an unloving home. My sister and I fought with our parents SO much growing up. It’s not because they didn’t love us. We struggled with our mental health and if you yell at someone long enough, they’re gonna yell back. My parents aren’t bad people or angry people. They had difficult children.
I agree, I grew up in a yelling home also but we always knew we were loved...always. The big difference here I think with Xavier is a boy of young age being the sole caretaker for his Mom and now he turns up missing after the yelling senario I mentioned earlier. His mother is also not the one who reports him missing 12 hours later. My siblings nor myself ever turned up missing after family conflicts. My Gram always told us never go to bed angry and we all took that to heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304