Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.
We talked a lot about whether the older gentleman meant a couple of girls or a couple. I noticed Becky put emphasis on "couple", so I took that to mean a male and female.

This part came immediately after the down underneath comment. Is it even possible to see underneath either end of the bridge from trail 505?
This what I'm not understanding or I've completely missed it... why has there been no clarification of the exact account of this part of the story..? One can only conclude there is absolutely no relevance whatsoever so should be put to rest, with no further discussion or it's being "withheld" for a reason.

Attached are my own images of the creek west of MHB, last October, looking towards the bridge. The creek was low, further along on that area I was walking on it ends, and does not continue towards the bridge. You have to walk through the water in order to get closer to the bridge. Also, technically, the lower trail splits towards the bottom, the vegetation is very dense in the warmer months and makes it virtually impassible, plus I was leery of ticks on a warm day.

Access to the underneath of the bridge on that side of the creek is impossible on dry land, from west of the bridge . There are sheer cliffs and dangerous steep slopes along there.

Edit: Hope I didn't confuse anyone with the 2nd image, they may not be in sequence. One was taken where I couldn't walk any further towards MHB.

JMO

Attachments

• 122941708_10157191094621601_7889315885780351932_n.jpg
    122941708_10157191094621601_7889315885780351932_n.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 122761341_10157191094221601_6319544838821480158_n.jpg
    122761341_10157191094221601_6319544838821480158_n.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 137
Attached are my own images of the creek west of MHB, last October, looking towards the bridge. The creek was low, further along on that area I was walking on it ends, and does not continue towards the bridge. You have to walk through the water in order to get closer to the bridge. Also, technically, the lower trail splits towards the bottom, the vegetation is very dense in the warmer months and makes it virtually impassible, plus I was leery of ticks on a warm day.

Access to the underneath of the bridge on that side of the creek is impossible on dry land, from west of the bridge . There are sheer cliffs and dangerous steep slopes along there.

Edit: Hope I didn't confuse anyone with the 2nd image, they may not be in sequence. One was taken where I couldn't walk any further towards MHB.

JMO
Those photos are great, thanks!

One of AG's videos they walked the 505 trail and then they walked the creek down to the bridge. The water level was really low and it barely reached mid-calf on them. You confirmed what I saw in his video. He had some really good footage of that area.

Maybe DG had never been on that trail before to know you can't see the bridge from there.

This what I'm not understanding or I've completely missed it... why has there been no clarification of the exact account of this part of the story..? One can only conclude there is absolutely no relevance whatsoever so should be put to rest, with no further discussion or it's being "withheld" for a reason.
Lol.. there's been no clarification on many things in this case. If all those things were put to rest, we'd have very little to talk about.

True. But I'm referring to this in particular seeing as it seems to be a source of contention for some reason.
Don't let this issue bother you; it's minor compared to many others we've had.

We almost always learn something new from these discussions. Hardly any of us have visited the area to know how the terrain is, etc; probably most of us did not know the bridge could not be seen from 505, which could be important.

cause the couple in question might be witnesses ..I am presuming

My personal opinion on this is that they know who BG is but just need that one tip from someone to finally arrest and charge. I don’t believe, like some, that they have no idea who he is. Just my opinion though.

Absolutely disagree with this. If the police knew who it was, they would arrest him, if not on the murder charges, then on some charge. Someone like this murderer is going to have a whole history of things they can be arrested for. He didn't live like a choirboy and then suddenly decided to murder 2 girls one day--there is a lifetime of lessor crimes leading up to such a horrific murder. The number of people who agree that LE knows who murdered the girls "but just need that one tip from someone to finally arrest and charge" is surprising to me.

Last edited:
This issue around the "couple" has always confused me. I assume the best person to answer the question of what exactly he meant would be FSG since he's the one who made the remark. I assume LE would have talked to him to get those answers, right? But I've never heard LE address this themselves or did they and I missed it?

Absolutely disagree with this. If the police knew who it was, they would arrest him, if not on the murder charges, then on some charge. Someone like this murderer is going to have a whole history of things they can be arrested for. He didn't live like a choirboy and then suddenly decided to murder 2 girls one day--there is a lifetime of lessor crimes leading up to such a horrific murder. The number of people who agree that LE knows who murdered the girls "but just need that one tip from someone to finally arrest and charge" is surprising to me.
If they had no idea who BG was then they wouldn’t be ‘one tiny piece away’ from solving the case. They know who he is in my opinion and just need that one tip to arrest him. I think it could even be as small as someone saying they saw his car near the trails that day.

If they had no idea who BG was then they wouldn’t be ‘one tiny piece away’ from solving the case. They know who he is in my opinion and just need that one tip to arrest him. I think it could even be as small as someone saying they saw his car near the trails that day.
If police are sitting on a double murder suspect of two teen girls, having someone say they saw his car there that day will not be enough evidence to arrest or convict him. If they have a suspect then they have no evidence. If they have evidence but no one to match it to, then they don’t have a suspect. JMO

I just can’t see them sitting idly by waiting on someone to kill more children. Now if their suspect is in prison on unrelated crimes, sure maybe they are waiting for someone’s alibi to fall apart or someone to come forward pointing a finger to him.

James Renner (known for his work on the Mihaljevic case) did some videos in Delphi in late 2018. The creek is really low, he does end up kinda 'under the bridge', which bears some explanation. Yes you can get down there, but there's nowhere to go once you're there. In the video at the 4:30 mark, over James' left shoulder you can see what it's like along the creek going towards the Girard Trail and where I was last Fall. Over his right shoulder is Bridge Creek where it dumps into Deer Creek.

Hope this helps.

I've wondered about this. I wonder if he would know he's being watched.

JMO

If police are sitting on a double murder suspect of two teen girls, having someone say they saw his car there that day will not be enough evidence to arrest or convict him. If they have a suspect then they have no evidence. If they have evidence but no one to match it to, then they don’t have a suspect. JMO

I just can’t see them sitting idly by waiting on someone to kill more children. Now if their suspect is in prison on unrelated crimes, sure maybe they are waiting for someone’s alibi to fall apart or someone to come forward pointing a finger to him.
It's very possible they have a good idea of who it is, but don't have the evidence to arrest him and make it stick. Very possible. They could also be wrong or they could have no idea. Like all of us who unfortunately have no idea what they know. But to think just because they know who did it means they can arrest him. Well, that's just not how it works. Even if that means that purp can kill again. As as it is, you can't make an arrest without the evidence to get a conviction. I'm sure if they do believe they know who it is, they have their eyes on him all of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member