SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody had to know these people were out there. Tho it’s a common occurrence in rural SC, I seriously doubt this was a trespasser who was hunting or something. I’m trying to find out more about the victims right now.
Could this be related to the boat crash?

Somebody had to know these people were out there. Tho it’s a common occurrence in rural SC, I seriously doubt this was a trespasser who was hunting or something. I’m trying to find out more about the victims right now.
Could this be related to the boat crash?
no idea...... will be interesting to find out.

Local newspaper updates…tragedies abound….Questions asked in past if justice could be done?

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/l...eHVCnm_09R9qJqaJQT5EaZzH7RBteE6RBFMy-2u_8EqxI

This is the SC good old boy system on full display. I live in and have seen it work many many times. This game of “guess who was driving” is an old way to fight DUI cases as well. I think somebody was very frustrated with this case and acted on their own to get justice, feeling outnumbered by what they perceive, right or not, is a fixed for the rich legal system.

Given the number of officials in SC who have been caught up in corruption and charged, I fully feel like this is what’s happening here.

I was just looking at an aerial shot of this crime scene on the wtoc news site and I can’t imagine this place not having security cameras. I know it’s in a rural area but this hunt lodge obviously cost big money.

@CocoChanel
Thank you for these links. From today's abcnews:*
"Paul Murdaugh was awaiting trial on a charge of boating under the influence causing death in a February 2019 crash that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach. ...
The wreck led to stories questioning whether his family’s ties to the legal system in the area affected the investigation
."

From the other story:**
"... Archer’s Creek Bridge near Parris Island, according to the Post and Courier. All six occupants of the boat were ejected, but Beach's body didn't resurface until seven days later.."

W'out more specific info about the crash, boat, water, weather, etc, I'm not drawing any conclusions, but that (seemingly) delayed body recovery/resurfacing caught my attn.

@CocoChanel
Thank you for these links. From today's abcnews:*
"Paul Murdaugh was awaiting trial on a charge of boating under the influence causing death in a February 2019 crash that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach. ...
The wreck led to stories questioning whether his family’s ties to the legal system in the area affected the investigation
."

From the other story:**
"... Archer’s Creek Bridge near Parris Island, according to the Post and Courier. All six occupants of the boat were ejected, but Beach's body didn't resurface until seven days later.."

W'out more specific info about the crash, boat, water, weather, etc, I'm not drawing any conclusions, but that (seemingly) delayed body recovery/resurfacing caught my attn.

I think they determined currents in the water caused the delay.

I'm interested in this one in case it's related to the boat crash. I actually know someone whose son was responsible for the death of a friend due to (possible drunken) boating misadventure. And the family's surveillance data ended up missing or unusable. I think it turned into a settlement rather than charges being filed in the case I mention, because the influential family coverup was so well-executed. I suspect that happens more than we hear about.

In 2019, a marine crash near Beaufort claimed the life of 19-year-old Mallory Beach. Paul Murdaugh was indicted on three felony charges related to boating under the influence during the crash. He pleaded not guilty and those charges and two lawsuits related to the crash were unresolved prior to Murdaugh’s death.

A lag between the time of the crash and the charges against Murdaugh, as well as the fact that Murdaugh was allowed to remain free and travel in-state while the case was pending, roiled residents who wanted justice. It raised tough questions about power, fairness and accountability.

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/article251970618.html#storylink=cpy

very detailed article.

In 2019, a marine crash near Beaufort claimed the life of 19-year-old Mallory Beach. Paul Murdaugh was indicted on three felony charges related to boating under the influence during the crash. He pleaded not guilty and those charges and two lawsuits related to the crash were unresolved prior to Murdaugh’s death.

A lag between the time of the crash and the charges against Murdaugh, as well as the fact that Murdaugh was allowed to remain free and travel in-state while the case was pending, roiled residents who wanted justice. It raised tough questions about power, fairness and accountability.

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/article251970618.html#storylink=cpy

very detailed article.

Powerful quote from the article you shared: “What is justice in all of this?” he asked.

I just checked wtoc for updates and didn’t find anything. Even tho this guy was facing these charges, these murders are very disturbing and I hope this isn’t a case of taking law into ones own hand. I’m still convinced in the hope that this crime scene had some kind of video. In the upstate, these hunting camps are often the targets of burglars because they aren’t occupied all the time and often have guns and electronics like most homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow