Gilgo Beach 4 Only (GB4)

They could’ve identified that person in question, but then they would still need more evidence to actually tie him to the crime.
True, but right there you have a potential POI. To me it seems probable that unsub had previously met/vetted all of the girls to establish trust. MB, and MBB were maybe just a little less trusting/more street smarts, and brought their phones anyway. Maybe SG (sorry) was also in the process of being vetted as well, and one way or another figured it out.

True, but right there you have a potential POI. To me it seems probable that unsub had previously met/vetted all of the girls to establish trust. MB, and MBB were maybe just a little less trusting/more street smarts, and brought their phones anyway. Maybe SG (sorry) was also in the process of being vetted as well, and one way or another figured it out.

Have you seen any information as to the times of Amber Lynn Costello’s last phone calls?

No, but I remember from LISK podcast, the interviews w. her former roommate: unsub called her a number of times that day, probably in attempt to persuade her. He was most likely a previous client.

No, but I remember from LISK podcast, the interviews w. her former roommate: unsub called her a number of times that day, probably in attempt to persuade her. He was most likely a previous client.

I just listened to that part of the LISK Podcast. I was interested to hear Dave Schaller confirm my belief that Amber Lynn Costello knew the killer as more than just a client. I also noted that Amber told Dave that the person would be there in 20 to 30 minutes. If we draw a circle on the map with Amber’s address being the center point of the circle, we can estimate the radius of the circle as 20 to 30 minutes, and that the killer lived somewhere on the circumference of the circle in September 2010.

Agreed I always felt the killer loved in the Babylon area. I mean even Gilgo or Oak beach is technically part of the town of Babylon. It makes sense the killer is from that area.

Possible Locations of Unsub's Residence in September 2010

Factor 1: This factor is based upon the following aspects of Unsub's profile:

a. He is a white male in his mid-30s to mid-late-40s.
b. He is financially secure.
c. He lives now or used to live on or near Ocean Parkway on the South Shore of Long Island.

Factor 2: This factor is based upon the statement by David Schaller that Amber Lynn Costello was talking to Unsub on the phone, and when she hung up she said he would be there within 25 to 30 minutes.

Factor 3: This factor assumes Unsub left from his own residence.

I have created a spreadsheet with all 81 communities on the south shore of Long Island that I was able to ascertain from Wikipedia, and used google maps to estimate the time it would take to travel from each community to North Babylon.

There were a total of 13 communities that match the 25 to 30 minute timeframe.

I then researched the demographics of each of those communities. Based on the assumption that Unsub is both a white male and financially secure, I would believe that he owned his own home in a predominantly white community.

After removing the communities that held less than an 85% White (Non-Hispanic) demographic, I was left with the following 5 communities:

Bellport
Center Moriches
Moriches
Point Lookout
Yaphank

Could Unsub be a white male, between the ages 30 to 49, with friends or relatives in law enforcement, with a history of drug abuse, a criminal record, who lived in one of the following towns in September 2010: (Bellport, Center Moriches, Moriches, Point Lookout, Yaphank), and whose initials are either HM or MH?

For sure-Yes, but not sure about criminal record. Why a criminal record?

For sure-Yes, but not sure about criminal record. Why a criminal record?

My train of thought is that Unsub developed violent personality traits from a young age, and these violent traits may have led to brushes with the law and/or arrests for crimes such as assault and battery. The criminal record aspect of the profile was added by me, and not part of the original FBI profile.

Oh, I get it. Well, it’s definitely possible. I’m not trying to dispute your overall theory, by the way (note my username); I’m just wondering...
But I would tend to think that this person does not have a criminal record. There is a law enforcement component of this somehow, or in some way, and that could very well be that unsub(s) is a LE officer, or is linked to LE system in some way. There were (are) so many different leads that weren’t followed up on, or ever investigated (it seems, anyway).

Oh, I get it. Well, it’s definitely possible. I’m not trying to dispute your overall theory, by the way (note my username); I’m just wondering...
But I would tend to think that this person does not have a criminal record. There is a law enforcement component of this somehow, or in some way, and that could very well be that unsub(s) is a LE officer, or is linked to LE system in some way. There were (are) so many different leads that weren’t followed up on, or ever investigated (it seems, anyway).

I believe Unsub has a connection to Law Enforcement, either a close friend or a family member. I don’t believe Unsub is Law Enforcement because some of his profile aspects would’ve prevented him from passing the background checks, i.e. drug abuse or history of drug abuse, psychological disorders such as explosive rage, sociopathy, psychopathy, etc.. possibly prescribed psychological medications and/or possible time spent in Psych Facilities.

Please don’t hesitate to dispute any part of my theory.. I welcome honest discussion and will not take offense. My goal here is to for Unsub to be apprehended and brought to justice, That is more important to me than my theory being proven correct.

The Golden State Killer is one good example. He passed background check, and became a LE officer, committing a large number of his crimes while he was a police officer, some of them while he was on duty. He successfully managed to disguise his sociopathology; his LE training and expertise helped allow him to carry out his deranged fantasies, and also helped him to avoid arrest.

The Golden State Killer is one good example. He passed background check, and became a LE officer, committing a large number of his crimes while he was a police officer, some of them while he was on duty. He successfully managed to disguise his sociopathology; his LE training and expertise helped allow him to carry out his deranged fantasies, and also helped him to avoid arrest.

I’m not well read into the case of the Golden State Killer.

It is a possibility that Unsub may have been able to pass a background check for Law Enforcement, but there are certain aspects of the case, and his personality, that lead me to believe that he could not so easily disguise his psychology.

The first is that he displayed explosive rage when he murdered Unidentified Asian Male. When he discovered he had been deceived and emasculated he completely lost control and beat him viscously to death.

The second is the phone calls to Amanda Barthelemy. Why did he need to call her? He couldn’t control his psychopathy because he has a subconscious need to inflict physical and mental pain not only on his victims, but also the people that cared about them.

(Consciously Unsub may perceive himself to be helping his victims by leading them away from a life of prostitution, or as he puts it, being a “*advertiser censored*”.)

He would have had to disguise anger and psychopathic traits, mental illness, mental illness medications and therapy, drug abuse, rehabilitation facilities like CPEP or South Oaks, etc.. from Law Enforcement in order to pass the background checks, and he seems to display a lack of control of particular dominant emotions to do this.

Even if he had managed to disguise all of this and pass the background checks, his subsequent treatment and handling of Law Enforcement subjects would not have gone unnoticed by his fellow police officers and superiors. Especially his treatment of subjects of prostitution.

Well some on this forum would say that you just described the personality of former SCPD Chief Jimmy Burke. How does an officer who got caught w. a prostitute get promoted to Chief of Police? Tom Spota, that’s how.
Did Joe Brewer and Burke know each other?

Well some on this forum would say that you just described the personality of former SCPD Chief Jimmy Burke. How does an officer who got caught w. a prostitute get promoted to Chief of Police? Tom Spota, that’s how.
Did Joe Brewer and Burke know each other?

That may be so, but let's think a little deeper into it.

My opinion is that the LISK investigation is the consolidation of three separate cases:

1) Shannan Gilbert
2) The Gilgo Beach 4 and Unidentified Asian Male
3) Jessica Taylor and the other unidentified victims who were dismembered.

I've already stated that I believe Shannan Gilbert's death is the result of involuntary manslaughter on the part of Peter Hackett, with Michael Pak as an unwitting accessory after the fact, and Jessica Taylor and the other unidentified victims to be attributed to John Bittrolff.

Let's focus on the Gilgo Beach 4 with the idea that James Burke may be Unsub, and compare some of the more relevant aspects of Unsubs psychological profile:

He is a white male in his mid-30s to mid-late-40s.

James Burke is a white male in the correct age range.

He is financially secure.

James Burke is financially secure.

He lives now or used to live on or near Ocean Parkway on the South Shore of Long Island.

James Burke is from Smithtown and lives in Saint James on the North Shore of Long Island.

He has relatives or close friends who are in law enforcement.

James Burke is in law enforcement and has friends who are in law enforcement.

He has an explosive temper and a history of violent episodes.

James Burke has a history of violent episodes.

He has a history of drug abuse.

He has been described as a drug dealer and as being around drugs, but am not sure if he has a history of using drugs.

He is very charming and attractive to women, especially those of the victims age group.

I've not seen him described as attractive or charming to women, especially those of the victims age group.

Conclusions:

He does fit some of the more relevant aspects of Unsub's psychological profile.

His residence is within 25 minutes of North Babylon.

His personality seems to be that of a criminal who seeks power and self gratification.

I'm open to the idea that he could be Unsub.

Questions:

Does his personality seem to be that of a person who murders young women in a ritualistic manner, and then taunts their loved ones after the fact?

Where was he and who was he with, on the nights of Monday, July 9, 2007, Sunday, July 12, 2009, Saturday, May 1, 2010, Sunday, June 6, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010?

Was a recording his voice was played to either Sara Karnes and/or Amanda Barthelemy, to see if they could compare it to the voice of the killer that called them?

Do we know if James Burke ever owned a belt with the initials HM or MH embossed on it?

From the LISK podcast/interview w. Gilbert attorney John Ray: Ray alleges that Burke and a former girlfriend named Heather Malone—who Ray points out has the initials of HM—together ran a prostitution ring out of a shared home in St. James.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back