GUILTY NV - Liam Husted, 7, homicide, State Route 160, Las Vegas, May 2021 *mother arrested*

No excuse, I agree. If you're overwhelmed, give the child to relatives or at the very least to police. Are we allowed to call someone a piece of garbage on here? Because that's what the mother is.

Booking photo for Samantha Moreno-Rodriguez, arrested in Denver on a charge of murdering her 7-year-old son in southern Nevada.

E3Y_VJ1WEAYwouh

https://twitter.com/davidcharns/status/1402378007776485376

Perfectly made up when arrested. She doesn't look like a distraught mother brought to the edge emotionally. :mad::mad::mad:

Perfectly made up when arrested. She doesn't look like a distraught mother brought to the edge emotionally. :mad::mad::mad:

When I saw the booking photo, I had a thought somehow along these lines. Something about the presence of mind to be aware that your photo is about to reach farther and become more viral than any Facebook post or Tweet that you've ever put out there. I didn't want to say it, but I was definitely thinking it. I'm glad you mentioned it.

When I saw the booking photo, I had a thought somehow along these lines. Something about the presence of mind to be aware that your photo is about to reach farther and become more viral than any Facebook post or Tweet that you've ever put out there. I didn't want to say it, but I was definitely thinking it. I'm glad you mentioned it.

Good thought.
My thinking had been more along the lines of made up to look good for her "new man".

It is interesting that more often children with disabilities are now being identified as "Special Needs" in the media when the death is reported. I cannot tell you how wonderful I think this is. Children with disabilities are at high risk for abuse, and neglect. I am glad that their caregivers are "outed" for not only violence against a child, but a child who is disabled.

That merits enhanced charges.

Yes, taking care of a disabled child is difficult. But there are numerous resources for parents. Respite care. Notify relatives, the child's Special Education teacher will connect parents to resources. I know, that if the teacher had been contacted, Liam would be alive.

Last resort, abandon the child at the police station. There are alternatives to killing the child.
in santa clara county, Liam would be eligible for resources through san andreas regional center and parents could have applied for SSI as well.

no link but locally there will be a vigil for him at la colina park tomorrow evening. my sons exercise for football there.

I doubt if special needs or resources had anything to do with it. I think it was to get back at her husband and that's why she left the body someplace where it would be sure to be found.

Might have thought it would never be connected to her, as well.

I doubt if special needs or resources had anything to do with it. I think it was to get back at her husband and that's why she left the body someplace where it would be sure to be found.

Might have thought it would never be connected to her, as well.
that is possible. in the link just above this, it said they lost a lot of resources w covid. he apparently went to a school and had in home service. so caretaker burnout is also a possibility. no excuse for any of this though :(

that is possible. in the link just above this, it said they lost a lot of resources w covid. he apparently went to a school and had in home service. so caretaker burnout is also a possibility. no excuse for any of this though :(

It's something about her expression in that booking photo...

And that the "mother" was with a man, who is not considered connected to the case.

Hmm, found a new guy, new life, just drop off child on the way. From the article it sounds like there were significant family resources to have left Liam with his father and grandfather. Not unlike Lori Vallow Daybell, who could have given her adopted son, JJ to his biological grandparents.

There is something here...why these women kill the children rather than giving them to accessible caregivers. Control? Something.

And that the "mother" was with a man, who is not considered connected to the case.

Hmm, found a new guy, new life, just drop off child on the way. From the article it sounds like there were significant family resources to have left Liam with his father and grandfather. Not unlike Lori Vallow Daybell, who could have given her adopted son, JJ to his biological grandparents.

There is something here...why these women kill the children rather than giving them to accessible caregivers. Control? Something.
yes, i know the dad is not a suspect of any wrongdoing and a victim. i was curious about him because im local.
i agree there is something way off as well. she could have left him behind if she wanted to leave.

Colossal impatience. The mistaken belief that the shortcut of disposing of the child is the fast-track to whatever happiness is imagined just beyond the horizon. Failure to watch Law & Order.

Don't know if this info has been posted:
In San Jose, the boy’s grandfather told The Mercury News that Liam lived with his mother and father, NH. He said the boy had special educational needs, attended a learning center for autistic children and had a home counselor for behavioral issues. Outside help ended during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“As Liam got older it was strainful for them but they managed,” grandfather CH said in an email, the newspaper reported. “There was no sign of abuse at all. Liam was an innocent child, dependent for their care and good intentions, like all people with special needs.” Liam Husted case: Las Vegas missing boy identified, mother arrested

Poor little Liam :(

Don't know if this info has been posted:
In San Jose, the boy’s grandfather told The Mercury News that Liam lived with his mother and father, NH. He said the boy had special educational needs, attended a learning center for autistic children and had a home counselor for behavioral issues. Outside help ended during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“As Liam got older it was strainful for them but they managed,” grandfather CH said in an email, the newspaper reported. “There was no sign of abuse at all. Liam was an innocent child, dependent for their care and good intentions, like all people with special needs.” Liam Husted case: Las Vegas missing boy identified, mother arrested

Poor little Liam :(

Is this mother a monster? I refuse to judge, based on what we now know - ( my opinion is open to change as more information comes out) only because I don’t think I could parent a severely autistic child. I’ve seen up close how difficult it can be, I can’t even imagine 24/7 ...all I know for certain, I’d never want to walk in her shoes and I commend anyone that CAN & DO it well.
They are truly exceptional & completely selfless with the patience of a saint

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back