Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion only, this was a crime of opportunity perpetrated by a seasoned criminal. How will they get caught? My opinion, by confessing to this crime while leveraging themselves regarding another that they are ultimately charged with.

My opinion only, this was a crime of opportunity perpetrated by a seasoned criminal. How will they get caught? My opinion, by confessing to this crime while leveraging themselves regarding another that they are ultimately charged with.
But wouldn’t confessing to the Delphi crimes give them no real leverage? It would definitely bring life without parole or even the death penalty, making the other crime pale in comparison?

But wouldn’t confessing to the Delphi crimes give them no real leverage? It would definitely bring life without parole or even the death penalty, making the other crime pale in comparison?
Perhaps the other crime will not or would not "pale in comparison" . I'm just thinking a confession solving this crime (and maybe even to others) may remove a harsh penalty such as Capital punishment. Again, my opinion only.

Perhaps the other crime will not or would not "pale in comparison" . I'm just thinking a confession solving this crime (and maybe even to others) may remove a harsh penalty such as Capital punishment. Again, my opinion only.
Yes, I do believe confessing to the Delphi crime with the promise of the death penalty taken off the table could be negotiated if the suspect were bargaining with LE in exchange for offering details of the crime etc,.

I greatly admire the outlook of Libby’s family. I’m sure it takes time and personal strength to reach this stage of moving on but how often do other families faced with sudden tragedy get stuck obsessing, dwelling on anger causing conflict and misery. This attitude - not giving the killer power - will carry them forward regardless how long it takes for an arrest to occur. JMO

Family Of Libby German Says They Don't Allow Her Killer To Have Any More Power Over Their Lives | Oxygen Official Site
“As the family strives for justice, they carry Libby’s spirit with them on a regular basis. Kelsi stated that during every milestone of her life, she tries to remember and honor her sibling.

“We had our own graduation,” Patty said of her slain grandchild. “We still celebrate everything with Libby. A lot of times when we are talking, people don’t even know that she’s gone.”

She went on to say that she doesn’t want to allow her killer to have any more power over their family.

"He’s already taken so much from our lives,” she said. “I refuse to let him take more.”

Kelsi echoed that statement, explaining that she has forgiven the killer for the sake of finding her own peace.

“I’ll never let him win,” she said, adding that it took a lot of work, prayers, therapy, and writing to get to that point……..”

I completely agree @MistyWaters.

These families are an inspiration to those of us who have lost a child to murder. There are so many feelings and emotions involved- it is difficult to always put up a brave front in a highly publicized case. You are always under the microscope. Anything you say or do may be met with approval or disapproval. Rumors run amuck, and sometimes it feels as though you can't do anything right (according to the public).

And yet, these families continue putting one foot in front of the other. They have not worn the cloak of despair, but instead have tried to honor the memories of each of the girls.

Yes, I do believe confessing to the Delphi crime with the promise of the death penalty taken off the table could be negotiated if the suspect were bargaining with LE in exchange for offering details of the crime etc,.
Or maybe confessing because it brings him a fleeting moment of power and notoriety?

My opinion, BG the heinous individual he is, has a strong interest in his self preservation. I do not think he'll give a confession merely for notoriety. He could have done this awhile ago.

Yeah basically ^^^THIS, sorry I missed this post when writing my last post etc.

My opinion, BG the heinous individual he is, has a strong interest in his self preservation. I do not think he'll give a confession merely for notoriety. He could have done this awhile ago.
I think you're right. And "notoriety" probably wasn't the best word choice for what I'm meaning. I do think a confession could happen as part of deal, but I also see it, in the killer's eyes, as power he holds over LE as to whether or not he tells, or what details he admits to, etc. It would totally depends on what type of person he is. Maybe just unloading the burden would be reason enough for him. Who knows.

I really think in this case it is better for the police to take their time and put a reasonable case together as much as they can and to show the perpetrator was not mentally unhinged at the time and is fit to stand trial..

Details like planning, an organized crime scene, past deeds, witness confirmation, DNA, etc..

JBC's tattoo's show pride in his deeds and he isn't going to have a snowballs chance in hell of getting
any kind of mental disability defense in his current case or possibly the Delhi case.

I don't think they need a confession..and he doesn't deserve a generous moment to give one..

he doesn't deserve any kind of break or sympathy.

mOO

I really think in this case it is better for the police to take their time and put a reasonable case together as much as they can and to show the perpetrator was not mentally unhinged at the time and is fit to stand trial..

Details like planning, an organized crime scene, past deeds, witness confirmation, DNA, etc..

JBC's tattoo's show pride in his deeds and he isn't going to have a snowballs chance in hell of getting
any kind of mental disability defense in his current case or possibly the Delhi case.

I don't think they need a confession..and he doesn't deserve a generous moment to give one..

he doesn't deserve any kind of break or sympathy.

mOO
I have a really horrible sinking feeling that JBC has nothing to do with this anymore tbh (I hope I'm wrong).

I have a really horrible sinking feeling that JBC has nothing to do with this anymore tbh (I hope I'm wrong).
I'm having a hard time believing he's the guy as well. He seems more like an idiot who craves this kind of attention by inserting himself for no other apparent reason.
Beside that, the person in the video just doesn't seem like him to me.

I do wonder if LE will make some kind of yay,nay or may about JBC before the family speaks at Crime Con. Maybe it is just us who are hanging out for acknowledgment, but I have a hard time imagining that. It seems it puts the family in a tight spot. JMO

I'm having a hard time believing he's the guy as well. He seems more like an idiot who craves this kind of attention by inserting himself for no other apparent reason.
Beside that, the person in the video just doesn't seem like him to me.

Meh. If so, I thank him for making such a colossal mistake this time around and outing himself. If not, not surprised at all. If I learned anything from this case, it's that if I ever wanted to commit a random act of violence, do it where there are already lots of shady people and everyone looks vaguely like me.

I do wonder if LE will make some kind of yay,nay or may about JBC before the family speaks at Crime Con. Maybe it is just us who are hanging out for acknowledgment, but I have a hard time imagining that. It seems it puts the family in a tight spot. JMO

Crimecon21 was held June 4-6th.
CrimeCon 2021 Schedule

Yes, possibly it’s just us -

Sister of Delphi murder victim does NOT believe pedophile cops have linked to killings is murderer | Daily Mail Online
“Kelsi said: 'Yes, I’ve seen his name all over. No new updates. No press release. There is no suspect in custody in this case. LE (law enforcement) is looking into a tip that was sent in that is now being made way bigger than it is. Until LE says he's a suspect, he is no more than another name they are looking at,' Kelsi German wrote on Twitter.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh