TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took an aerial screenshot of the Creekside Church layout. If I wanted to avoid being seen entering the parking lot area, I would decide to take my motorcycle off-road (hwy287), hug the perimeter close to that strip of woods on the right, park my cycle in those woods, creep around the building outside and look for an entry point. I find entry and go inside the building. While I'm rummaging around inside, Missy eventually pulls into the parking lot. When she arrived, she didn't see any cars in the parking lot, was comfortable enough to leave her gun in her truck and enter the building. Obviously she felt no threat. No vehicles. No threat. Gun left in her truck. We know that the murderer was already inside the building. At some point, they meet and she dies. The murderer exits the building, runs to his motorcycle, works his way through the woods and back to Hwy. 287. Home free.
How could she have known there was a motorcycle hidden in the woods and it's rider inside the church...

Attachments

• creek.jpg
    creek.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Something else I've been thinking about...
Does the definition of SP's selected costume suit the crime? Is it correct?

SP had a wide variety of cop personas to chose from: security guard, beat cop, patrolman, detective, chief of police, undercover cop, motorcycle cop, SWAT cop. If their objective is burglary, security guard, beat cop or patrolman was be more apropos. But, the identity thing...a ski mask? Nah. It makes the rest of the outfit incongruous and foolish. So, you have to make a choice, an effective cop ruse or complete anonymity. You're going to be either a cop or a ski-mask guy. Cops don't wear ski masks. Besides, security guard is just about the lowest rung law officer in the food chain.

Gotta cover your face, but still maintain that presence of authority. Hmmmm. Only two kinds of cop are left. Motorcycle cop and SWAT. Motorcycle cop outfit: helmet, goggles, t-shirt, sweatshirt, gloves, pants, gaiters or boots, vest or a leather jacket that has "POLICE" emblazoned on the back. I don't see "SWAT" on the back of that vest. SWAT cops are part of a team. MOTORCYCLE COPS are lone wolves. One cop per motorcycle. What in the living hell would a SWAT cop be doing alone in an empty building in the a.m.? Nothing. He wouldn't be there in the first place unless all hell had broken out outside or inside, there were armored vehicles outside and five other guys willing to help him clear the building. It doesn't make sense. Besides, if a patrolman saw a SWAT cop anywhere near a building, parking lot, or church, he might just follow you to see what was up.

Let's see what impersonating a MOTORCYCLE COP has to offer. First of all, your costume is readily available through any Harley Davidson dealer: helmets, gaiters, gloves, goggles, vests and those ultra protective leather jackets that help prevent road rash if you manage to slide out on a curve. Paint police on the back of that vest or jacket and your costume is good to go. Its hard to conceal the family van or compact 4 door if you're poking around with malfeasance on your mind, but a motorcycle? You kill the headlamp, park it in the woods, scope out security, figure a way past it, and break in. You pull off your burglary or assassination and leave the way you came. A motorcycle cop with "POLICE" printed on their vest/jacket could pass a lot of disinterested cops to and from the crime in the dead of night. Your butt is covered INSIDE and OUTSIDE, BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the crime. While the cops are eyeballing suspicious vehicles, you're back at your lair, tuning up the plugs on your cycle, sipping a beer and smiling.

Any young guy who's into motocross, or anyone who owns a cycle may well have 95% of this outfit in their garage. All they had to do was paint "Police" on their leathers.

I'm not suggesting this is "THE" helmet, but its readily available on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/1Storm-Sport...ocphy=9012130&hvtargid=pla-668912890234&psc=1

So, could SP really be impersonating an MCP (motorcycle cop perp)? Could or would a woman try to pull this off?
What do you think?
Really interesting post TheGardener .... this is quite possible, hadn't really thought of this but it would make sense of outfit for sure. So maybe the SWFA driver returned the Altima to wherever that came from and headed to the church on his/her motorbike - maybe they were living in plain sight. Was it still raining heavily at around 3.30 ? If so they would have needed a waterproof outfit covering their get-up. Not sure if the leg disability would impede riding motorcycle .... then again, maybe they're an experienced motorcyclist and lost a leg/foot in a road accident.

If I wanted to avoid being seen entering the parking lot area, I would decide to take my motorcycle off-road (hwy287), hug the perimeter close to that strip of woods on the right, park my cycle in those woods, creep around the building outside and look for an entry point.

If the perp owned a motorcycle, imo he probably wouldn't have driven it in the rain and lightning storm that night, or wanted to risk getting it stuck in the mud or clay soil. For me, the very heavy rain, swollen creek with flood waters, and lightning makes so very unlikely many of the more exotic scenarios, in favor of one where the perp drives up in some vehicle to get close to the church building, and leaves the same way.

If the perp owned a motorcycle, imo he probably wouldn't have driven it in the rain and lightning storm that night, or wanted to risk getting it stuck in the mud or clay soil. For me, the very heavy rain, swollen creek with flood waters, and lightning makes so very unlikely many of the more exotic scenarios, in favor of one where the perp drives up in some vehicle to get close to the church building, and leaves the same way.
Back in the day, during a heavy Florida thunderstorm, lightning striking all over the place, I rode a cycle up the Gulf coast for over 200 miles. It was fun.
Storms are great cover for break-ins. Cops don't like to get wet. Don't ask me how I know. ;-)
Off road guys love mud.

Last edited:
Really interesting post TheGardener .... this is quite possible, hadn't really thought of this but it would make sense of outfit for sure. So maybe the SWFA driver returned the Altima to wherever that came from and headed to the church on his/her motorbike - maybe they were living in plain sight. Was it still raining heavily at around 3.30 ? If so they would have needed a waterproof outfit covering their get-up. Not sure if the leg disability would impede riding motorcycle .... then again, maybe they're an experienced motorcyclist and lost a leg/foot in a road accident.
Maybe the Altima driver pulled off the highway to get a break from driving in the rain, drove around what was to him a shopping area that might have an all night place to grab a coffee. Realizing, there wasn't a place to eat or get a cup of coffee, he pulls under the parking lot light, tries to text his wife that he's going to be late - and realizes his phone's dead. He gives up, gets back on the highway and heads home.
Meanwhile, motorcycle perp is navigating his way through the creekside woods...

SHOE SIZE CORRECTION

The tiles (tile pattern) at the church were remeasured (thank you GS). My measurements were correct on the small 3" wide side pieces of the tile pattern. With the larger inner piece I was about 2-3 inches off. I initially calculated a 13" shoe, which will shrink now by 2-3 inches. These are estimates only based on the new measurements. Perhaps GS can chime in with the exact measurements.
The cams are more than tricky, when it comes to calculations. Add to it pixels, lines/ blurry images, color bleeds and we have a nightmare. No wonder that the agencies remeasured every single item seen in the church video.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Too fast, too fast. I am waiting for a re-measurement of the church floor tile pattern. Mathematically it still looks like oversized shoes. The question is how much of an oversize. I initially wrongly converted shoe length to shoe size while reading off a European sized chart and estimating foot length! My bad. Even monkeys fall out of trees.

It looks like I am only 1 inch off the side of the larger inner tile pattern. In that case SP's shoe would still be 12 inches long, which would be off the chart for female shoe sizes and which would convert to a male's 14.5 ! Even if I was 2 inches off (hard to believe..), we would be looking at an 11 inch long shoe, which would convert to a women's app. size 12 and a male's app 11! Half an inch of difference in shoe length can make up to app. 1 and 1/2 difference in shoe size !

Understanding Shoe Sizing - SizeCharter

If anyone else can help and provide the exact dimensions of the church floor tile pattern, we can get that shoe size mystery solved in a heartbeat.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Too fast, too fast. I am waiting for a re-measurement of the church floor tile pattern. Mathematically it still looks like oversized shoes. The question is how much of an oversize. I initially wrongly converted shoe length to shoe size while reading off a European sized chart and estimating foot length! My bad. Even monkeys fall out of trees.

It looks like I am only 1 inch off the side of the larger inner tile pattern. In that case SP's shoe would still be 12 inches long, which would be off the chart for female shoe sizes and which would convert to a male's 14.5 ! Even if I was 2 inches off (hard to believe..), we would be looking at an 11 inch long shoe, which would convert to a women's app. size 12 and a male's app 11! Half an inch of difference in shoe length can make up to app. 1 and 1/2 difference in shoe size !

If anyone else can help and provide the exact dimensions of the church floor tile pattern, we can get that shoe size mystery solved in a heartbeat.

ALL IMO

-Nin

I wear ladies size 10 shoes, and they are about 12" long. (Convenient when you work horses & need to set equipment in the ring 6' apart, yup.)

I'm about 5'9" tall, typical shoe size for my height.

It does sound nicer in European sizing, my cross-country ski boots are 41 1/2.

Whether it's curvature of the lens or something else, the footwear does appear oversized for the SwatPerp's body size.

jmho ymmv lrr

Along the same lines as Laughing, I'm a dude with around a size 10.5 foot -- pretty tiny for my height. I can go up to 11 and down to 10 depending on the brand. Every shoe I have is around 12 inches long. So much so that it used to be a bit of a joke at an old job. My foot would always fit nicely in the 12" x 12" tiles we had on the floor. My boots and chukkas are even longer.

I wear ladies size 10 shoes, and they are about 12" long. (Convenient when you work horses & need to set equipment in the ring 6' apart, yup.)

I'm about 5'9" tall, typical shoe size for my height.

It does sound nicer in European sizing, my cross-country ski boots are 41 1/2.

Whether it's curvature of the lens or something else, the footwear does appear oversized for the SwatPerp's body size.

jmho ymmv lrr

Along the same lines as Laughing, I'm a dude with around a size 10.5 foot -- pretty tiny for my height. I can go up to 11 and down to 10 depending on the brand. Every shoe I have is around 12 inches long. So much so that it used to be a bit of a joke at an old job. My foot would always fit nicely in the 12" x 12" tiles we had on the floor. My boots and chukkas are even longer.

I have never converted shoe length to shoe size. Would be good to have some more input on that from more Websleuthers here. Thanks guys!

-Nin

Sorry if I'm discussing what might be old news to members, but I just started digging around in this case a few days ago. Bear with me.
Another question, if anyone knows. After SP enters room 10, they emerge with something new, a light colored, rectangular box. Is there a mate to that box in the office or room 10? Any church members mention buying, seeing, using, storing something small in that box?
Did SP bypass: computers, laptops, sound equipment, mixing boards, microphones, monitors, cameras, lock boxes, small safes, cell phones? If so, SP bypassed all the goodies, but found what was in that little white box attractive enough to pick up...and they found it somewhere between room 20 and room 10.

ALL IMO

-Nin
From point to point (N to S, E to W) of each "diamond" is 4 feet - actually the pattern is X's on a 4 x 4 space and when those adjoin it results in a diamond pattern.

So if you are measuring it against one of the outer diagonal lines of one of those diamonds each of those is the hypotenuse measurement of a right triangle with a base (b) of 2 and a height (h) of 2 which is approximately 2.82843 feet in length.

Had my husband (former motorcycle enthusiast and former body builder/trainer) take a look at the SP security camera video. He had never seen it before. First time in ultra slow motion. Second time at normal speed. His first impressions were:
1. The burglar was a teenaged boy dressed like a motorcycle cop.
2. First comment..."That guy looks like he's had or needs knee surgery. One of his legs looks gimpier than the other. After he half-heartedly tries to jimmy the storeroom door, he's laying back on his right leg to favor his left leg. He walks like a duck!"
3. He's taking his time poking around, but he hasn't stolen anything.
4. He's not a very skilled burglar. He takes a few half-hearted shots at doorlocks and gives up quickly.
5. He's more of a half-baked vandal. A sloppy B&E guy. He's ticked, because there's nothing to steal, so he resorts to busting a few windows to let off some steam. Very immature.
6. "When you're going to burgle a place, you go through a back entrance whenever possible. You also don't leave your car parked anywhere near where you're breaking in. You don't leave your car parked near the only entrance in or out or anywhere it can be seen from the street. You do leave your getaway vehicle close by to facilitate a quick getaway." He looked at the woods near the creek and said, "That's where I'd park my cycle. If I went to all the trouble to conceal my identity, I wouldn't leave a shiny silver vehicle parked near the only entrance into the parking lot. I wouldn't leave it anywhere in the parking lot. I'd park my cycle in the woods."
7. What did he steal? Nothing...maybe a little box. "Sure. He can't load big stuff on his cycle. So, he's looking for something small - a wad of cash, a camera, something small. But, his hunt is more like killing time than yanking open desk drawers, rifling through the store rooms, dismantling electronic equipment."
8. "She left her gun in the truck?" Yes. "She wasn't expecting trouble, otherwise she would have called 911, grabbed her gun, or left. Nothing there indicated to her the murderer or anyone else was in the building."
9. The husband decided:
1. He was a half-assed, teenaged, cycle riding vandal looking for money, or little stuff to pawn. He met up unexpectedly with Missy and was immature enough to kill her even though she had no way to identify him.
...or
2. He was there to kill her and hung out poking around and vandalizing until she arrived.

If I was looking for this guy, I'd be going through cases where a teenager, broke into a business or residence, stole or vandalized, and either got caught or is on probation. He would have had or needs some kind of leg surgery (did he crash his cycle at some time in his life?). He would be a motocross or motorcycle enthusiast. He might have used his cycle during the commission of other B&E type activities.

Just another opinion. What do you think?

Last edited:
Great video, thank you! Here are the weather conditions on April 18, 2016, recorded at Dallas TX Love Field station. Peaks are captured in green:

View attachment 300181
Click to enlarge

Source:
Dallas, TX Weather History | Weather Underground

-Nin
Ah, thanks for that NIN, whoa, what a night weather-wise that was, hey, looks like four hours that morning of heavy rain/thunderstorms! I hadn't realised this. So Missy arrived there in the middle of all that ... and the rain finally stopped at 5.53 am.

Ah, thanks for that NIN, whoa, what a night weather-wise that was, hey, looks like four hours that morning of heavy rain/thunderstorms! I hadn't realised this. So Missy arrived there in the middle of all that ... and the rain finally stopped at 5.53 am.

This is one of the things that makes me lean towards this being targeted. With that kind of heavy rain it seems a mere break-in looking for cash (or anything else) would be rescheduled…

• This is one of the things that makes me lean towards this being targeted. With that kind of heavy rain it seems a mere break-in looking for cash (or anything else) would be rescheduled…
    On the contrary. Rainy nights are excellent for break-ins. Police conduct fewer patrols in that kind of weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley