ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points.
Maybe they lied about what he was wearing when he disappeared. Or they were so out of it they didn't even remember. After all, there are no pictures of him, or anyone, at the campground.

Just my thoughts but the clothing items seem unlikely to be exactly the same ones he was wearing when he disappeared and here's my thoughts on why

-If he had been killed with the clothing on there probably would have been some type of evidence on them, or even evidence that they were at the campsite.

-To eliminate all that evidence, they would have had to disrobe him before killing which would mean it was premeditated, and there's just no evidence for that.

-Keeping the items is problematic, why wouldn't they burn or dispose of them somehow? And if you're going to hang onto that kind of evidence, you wouldn't just neglect to take it with you and leave it for police to find.

Obviously there are ways around each of those points (like certain types of death that wouldn't put evidence on clothing) but just some thoughts on why I think it unlikely those were THE items he was wearing when he disappeared. JMO

Just my thoughts but the clothing items seem unlikely to be exactly the same ones he was wearing when he disappeared and here's my thoughts on why

-If he had been killed with the clothing on there probably would have been some type of evidence on them, or even evidence that they were at the campsite.

-To eliminate all that evidence, they would have had to disrobe him before killing which would mean it was premeditated, and there's just no evidence for that.

-Keeping the items is problematic, why wouldn't they burn or dispose of them somehow? And if you're going to hang onto that kind of evidence, you wouldn't just neglect to take it with you and leave it for police to find.

Obviously there are ways around each of those points (like certain types of death that wouldn't put evidence on clothing) but just some thoughts on why I think it unlikely those were THE items he was wearing when he disappeared. JMO

Strange post.

The referenced article identified only one "clothing item" as being found in the parents' old residence -- a camoflauge print jacket. The parents had claimed he was wearing a camoflauge print jacket when he allegedly went missing at the campsite. The investigator says it's the same jacket the parents claimed DeOrr had when he went missing. Given everything else the investigator has to say, the implication is that the parents are lying about what happened.

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that the jacket was THE jacket he was wearing when he went missing. Can you point to where this has been confirmed?
I've also seen claims of more than just that one item so if you have the definitive source on what item(s) were found that would be great too.

I do agree they're not being honest about what happened, I wasn't suggesting they were not lying. Only that I haven't seen any police coverage saying that the jacket or other potential items were definitely what he was wearing when he disappeared and that I don't know why the parents would keep that exact item, especially if used in a crime.

Apologies if I was unclear.

I thought of you today, little DeOrr, even though all I know of you is from this thread and hundreds of news articles.

Walking past the park, I heard children laughing and giggling on the swings. There were little boys on their bikes and a few learning to play baseball.

You should be outside on this warm summery day, little DeOrr.

You should be alive and laughing and playing. I'm so deeply sorry that you aren't.

Many of us think of you often, even though we may live thousands of miles away. You are worth thinking of often.

Rest in Peace little DeOrr.

Last edited:
Weird coincidence, I clicked to read up on Deorr Jr today not realizing it was the anniversary of his disappearance. I recently saw the missing 411 documentary that featured him and he's been on my mind ever since. I certainly don't suspect aliens or supernatural stuff of making him vanish. Poor little dude. I kind of wish a law could be passed that would give parents an opportunity to fess up and serve a mandatory sentence without dragging through trial and using more resources of police, sar, etc. Good grief.

From last year (2020):

"DeOrr Kunz vanished 5 years ago today. Here’s where the investigation stands."

"The two-year-old from Idaho Falls vanished July 10, 2015, while visiting Timber Creek Campground with his parents, Jessica Mitchell and Vernal DeOrr Kunz. DeOrr’s great-grandfather, Robert Walton, and Isaac Reinwand, a friend of Walton’s, were also on the trip."

"There has been no sign of DeOrr since that day, and nobody has been charged in connection to his disappearance. Mitchell and Kunz were named suspects in January 2016 by former Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman but they have never been arrested or charged."

DeOrr Kunz vanished 5 years ago today. Here's where the investigation stands. - East Idaho News

Last edited:
Nate Eaton

DeOrr Kunz's grandmother, Trina Clegg, shares her thoughts on the anniversary of her grandson's disappearance.
TC thinks it could have been Isaac. She has nightmares about him. No question for her that little Deorr was at the campsite. Grandpa told her on his death bed, in tears, that Deorr was playing in the dirt and he just lost track of him.

Excellent interview with Sheriff Penner too. States he hasn’t ruled out anything, including possibility of a wild animal. Remember all the mountain lion convos? ;)
The bone he found, he states that two anthropologists think it was a young human. But the DNA test didn’t show anything. He seems skeptical. A search planned for this summer. Oh, and a hunter’s remains from 1975 were found in 2017... wow. The mountains hold secrets. They’re not giving up, still working the case. He got choked up at the end. Said Deorr deserves to be found. Bless him, what a good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288