Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@EggSalad sbm bbm Respectfully, how are you reaching conclusion that BM avoided GPS-data-tracking, presumably at crucial time(s)? I'm not arguing or disputing, just wondering; I could have missed LE stmt re this.
Is it simply or largely based on time elapsed btwn MisPers rpt and BM's arrest? Or something else?

Just based on SM’s body not being located. I’m assuming he avoided any GPS tracking during the disposal of the body.

Just based on SM’s body not being located. I’m assuming he avoided any GPS tracking during the disposal of the body.
@EggSalad. Thanks for your response.:) Okay, so it's basically the time elapsed, no SM or remains. Makes sense. Even w GPS data tracking every vehicle BM drove, still poss. imo that remains may not be located
I've still got my hopes up for SM's remains being recovered before trial begins.

Fair enough, I get that. But we do have Gannon's case shortly before. They had GPS tracking to the first spot he was left (apparently) and it seems lost a handle before they got the data confirmed and he was moved. No body found at the time they announced Letecia's arrest. So he ends up in Florida. I still can't help but wonder if that was a serendipitous find or watchful eyes. Forgive me, not the best wording here....

Last edited:
@IRBHTX Thanks for your "Good sleuthing" comment.

(O/T. I just posted link to the driller's report. Did they hit water at 100 ft?
Or did I misinterp the report?)
I think these thanks belong to you @Error505!
This is what’s known as a group effort! I just came across the permit when perusing the web for the man in the concrete condo! Thank you fellow WS’ers! :cool:

@EggSalad. Thanks for your response.:) Okay, so it's basically the time elapsed, no SM or remains. Makes sense. Even w GPS data tracking every vehicle BM drove, still poss. imo that remains may not be located
I've still got my hopes up for SM's remains being recovered before trial begins.
Thinking the most non GPS trackable
Place BM had access to is the Arkansas River at the Salida construction site.

Or maybe the other crews left an older vehicle at the the Salida river front house.
I’ve read somewhere that GD (400 Iraq tours friend) has(d) an old jeep. I’m assuming LE checked it out since he ‘appeared’ to be a member of “Team Berry”. I have reason to believe even a couple of BM’s contract workers’ vehicles were checked over (GPS data retrieved) by LE, more than once. In the process of checking out vehicles by collecting gps data, would LE automatically check for SM’s dna? I’m sure a search warrant was used on each vehicle checked. That would be the smart, legal method. No sense taking a chance finding evidence that can’t be submitted to the courts. MOO and a “smidge” of speculation.

Well on Longhorn Dr?
@Error505 bbm I found this.* Hope it helps. Zillow.com under "Home Details" ---
"Note: This property is not currently for sale or for rent on Zillow. The description and property data below may’ve been provided by a third party, the homeowner or public records.
"2 Acres with well and power. Beautiful mountain views of the Continental Divide, close to the Arkansas river, and just a few minutes to downtown Salida."
bbm

* 8366 Longhorn Dr, Salida, CO 81201 | Zillow

Wait. What? He bought a property, saw to it a well got dug, sold it at a loss. Does he have ANY business sense?

JMO

Thinking the most non GPS trackable
Place BM had access to is the Arkansas River at the Salida construction site.
And the snow melt in the mountains means water runs high & fast in May. But I think it is more likely he moved her remains around due to the cadaver dog hits. No way could all of those been false - she (or evidence in contact with her corpse) was moved.

Plead out & tell us where she is, Barry!

And the snow melt in the mountains means water runs high & fast in May. But I think it is more likely he moved her remains around due to the cadaver dog hits. No way could all of those been false - she (or evidence in contact with her corpse) was moved.

If he used the bobcat to move and/or bury Suzanne, the hits could have been from his using it elsewhere after that.

BBM
Barry needs to play ball with the prosecutors, not withstanding he’s a lousy ball player. MOO
Where’s your darling wife’s body, Barry?
MOO

Above BBM. Are you referring to CM? Why in the world CM be jealous of BM's "athletic prowess"? Not following.
bbm
Agreed, neither am I.
Barry was washed up from the minor leagues long ago.

In all of the interviews and opinions CM has shared, I never got the sense any were born of jealousy. Where did our pragmatist go? What made you think "jealousy"?
Ita, with both above posts.

Lol, no one's jealous.
Least of all CM. :rolleyes:

Jealous of someone who could not make it even in the minor leagues due to a possible mysterious injury or maybe he just couldn't cut it ?
Jealous of someone already rotting in prison and likely to stay put, until it's time to leave in a pine box ?
Jealous of someone who's intellect and attempt at articulate speech are subpar ?

Doubtful at best and certainly laughable.
Following this case and listening to the reporter LS' sound bites of the perp, makes it crystal clear that neither CM , nor anyone else including many here reading about Suzanne's sad fate -- are jealous of Barry Morphew !
But I digress.
Carry on.
IMO.

Last edited:
In all of the interviews and opinions CM has shared, I never got the sense any were born of jealousy. Where did our pragmatist go? What made you think "jealousy"?
Because he was critical of the father. I found that odd especially because his father is deceased. What would drive someone to do that I don’t know

Late night pondering:
Going back to the AA and concern for the “victims”; could BM’s daughters have said something early on that tweaked LE’s interest?
Note: NOT SLEUTHING DAUGHTERS
We do not know what time SM’s daughters returned to Puma Path on Mother’s Day 2021. Was it before or after BM’s return? What is certain is that the daughters were questioned immediately by LE upon their return. When did they last see their mother? When did they last talk, orally, to their mother? When did they leave for their camping trip?
Did they say anything that conflicted with BM’s statement? Could the AA shock the daughters into realizing that they may have been the ones who, (inadvertently), turned LE’s sights onto their Dad?
I’m sure both daughters dearly love both their mother and father. Imagine learning that something you said early on may have implicated your father in your mother’s death?
Think about it: you arrive home after being away for several days. You are frantic because your Mom is missing. You tell LE anything they want to know without any filter just because you want your Mom found. It’s almost like a dying declaration. You just say what you know to be true.
Can you imagine the pit in your stomach if you suddenly realize you just screwed your Dad?
Does this equate to concern for victims?

Because he was critical of the father. I found that odd especially because his father is deceased. What would drive someone to do that I don’t know

Possibly the truth isn't pleasant but that does not make it untrue.

I'm not a huge CM fam but he has managed along with a few others to keep this case high profile, for that i'm grateful.

Tedious Detail Warning
... drill a water well on the Longhorn Ranch lot July, 2020 (right after purchase it appears) ? ...
8366 Longhorn DR, Salida, CO. MOO Error
84716-F. Keep getting error message on link to County website!?
@Error505 sbm bbm Okay, if we're discussing (possible) remains placement on Longhorn Dr. or area, I'll start a timeline w well-related permit & documents* but welcome corrections & comments. ATM I have no conclusions about well & this.

Questions
:
1. When could anyone have worked inconspicuously at Longhorn site or close to where multiple LE conducted searches on/close to Longhorn?
2. Normally, other than the well driller co.'s activity in actually drilling, does a county, water dist, or state official inspect the well/well site? If so, when?
3. Is there any correlation btwn dates in red and dates of other significant actions in case, such as LE interviews, travel to Indiana, elsewhere? BM & travel?
4. ___???

Timeline
Date............Event..................................................... Source.
Ju.25,2020...BM buys Longhorn Dr. prop............Spcl. Wrnty Deed
July 9 ........BM signs App for well permit ...........Water Well Permit App.form...
July 14........ Augmentatn Application ....................... Augmentatn Application form
July 14.........Ark.RiverWaterDist Bd. grants...............Augmentation Certificate
July 21........ ^ Approval given by Engr
July 23 ........ ^stamped recvd by CO DNR
Sept.17.....CO.DNR signs permit/auth. for well....CO DNR form
Oct 10...........<<created date, digital original file.
Dec. 2 2020.. well completion.............................. driller co. report re the well.
Jan 17, 2021.....date driller signed report.................... per ^ form GWS-31
Jan 28................stamped Recvd by CO Water Resources
Ap 22.........BM sells Longhorn Dr. prop.

What dad wouldn't if they had a son that just might qualify for the pros. He might have ridden him hard, but in the long vision that isn't a rare occurrence. I have friends who would move heaven and earth to get a college sports scholarship or an invite to the pro pathand yes some are great and some ride the kids pretty hard. Makes me wonder if C is jealous of Barry's athletic prowess in his youth.

I can relate. Due to my marital situation, my focus was on my daughter. She played baseball until the 8th grade, as starting pitcher, before switching to softball.

In the 8th grade, she quit the band in order to play tennis. My love for the sport prompted me to provide years of private tennis lessons. She won the doubles championship as a Jr and the singles state title as a Sr. I saw Wimbledon in her our future.

After scoring a full college scholarship, I discovered she was flying to a big city to visit her boyfriend on weekends when the team was off. It shattered my dreams for her, at the time. Today, he is my beloved SIL that I am ever so grateful to have.

Barry's father may have been disappointed, for a moment, but hopefully he realized that his son scoring Suzanne was the greatest gift of all.

It's too bad and oh so sad that Barry didn't allow Suzanne the chance to spread her wings and fly away. I've always felt her murder was premeditated.

I fully expect the Prosecution to prove Barry Morphew deliberately, with malice and forethought, intended to kill his beautiful wife and, therefore, deprived her daughters of her tender loving care forevermore.

#JusticeForSuzanne

As the AA currently remains sealed, I am curious if the Media are seeking its release as they did in the Letecia Stauch case. I am not a lawyer, but do find many of the Media arguments salient to this case, not withstanding the judge's repeated concerns for SM's daughters should even a redacted AA be released and no doubt that is the best we can hope for at this time). What do you think?

Quoting from page 7:
"17. Any party who seeks to continue the sealing of a court record must show, in
addition to a “substantial probability of prejudice” to fair trial rights necessarily flowing from disclosure of the sealed information, that there are no less restrictive measures available to protect the defendant’s fair trial rights short of continued sealing. Cf. P.R., 637 P.2d at 354 (holding that a finding of clear and present danger to the fair administration of justice, by itself, is not sufficient to warrant court closure; such a finding merely “triggers the next level of inquiry – that is, whether reasonable and less drastic alternatives are available” (emphasis added)); Star Journal Publ’g, 591 P.2d at 1030 (same); Press-Enter. Co. v. Super. Ct. (Press-Enterprise II), 478 U.S. 1, 14 (1986) (same); Richmond Newspapers, Inc., 448 U.S. at 580-81(same).5

18. Myriad alternative measures exist to protect the Defendant’s fair trial rights, see Press-Enterprise II, 478 U.S. at 15, that would properly balance the Defendant’s fair trial rights with the news agencies’ free press rights, such as: The trial judge may: (1) cause extensive voir dire examination of prospectivejurors; (2) change the trial venue to a place less exposed to intense publicity; (3) postpone the trial to allow public attention to subside; (4) empanel veniremen from an area that has not been exposed to intense pretrial publicity; . . . or [(5)] use emphatic and clear instructions on the sworn duty of each juror to decide the issues only on the evidence presented in open court."

Link to the Media Motion:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/20CR1358/001/Motion to Unseal Forthwith the Affidavit of Probably Cause in Support of Arrest.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken