TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while I just wanted to know why. I don't think I do anymore. I don't think there IS a why. I think DB just ended up broken.
I read a very interesting and somewhat groundbreaking study done fairly recently of diagnosed schizophrenics, all convicted murderers. It went to motive from a unique perspective. I’ll look for it and post.
There is always a why.

I read a very interesting and somewhat groundbreaking study done fairly recently of diagnosed schizophrenics, all convicted murderers. It went to motive from a unique perspective. I’ll look for it and post.
There is always a why.
I know three diagnosed schizophrenics and not one of them have murdered anyone. They are at more harm to themselves, than others.

Yes, sometimes there is no answer. It seems that DB did what he did because he wanted to, whether he is sane or not, the horrid outcome is the same. :(
He was most likely compelled to do alot of what all he did. It’s really not so much about wanting to. It’s easier to walk away if we collectively decide he just did what he wanted to do so we can thusly perpetuate loss and suffering.

Sorry, but why are people trying to protect the suspect in this murder? What is the alternate theory?

It’s becoming disturbing to see so many people in the world denying evidence that is literally right before their eyes and finding ways to explain the truth away.

Sorry, but why are people trying to protect the suspect in this murder? What is the alternate theory?

It’s becoming disturbing to see so many people in the world denying evidence that is literally right before their eyes and finding ways to explain the truth away.
Because the presumption of innocence and due process. No one is protecting him, rather hoping that he gets a fair trial.
No one has denied evidence, that I have seen.

ok, i have had my suspicions due to experience. i still am not sure what happened here, but this whole situation is unfortunate.
It is very unfortunate. I was referring to the original comment, I believe about body fluids. That was the dog whistle. There has been no suggestion whatsoever rhat “body fluids” were ever identified.
I’m trying to go back and catch up but I keep getting bounced in and out. thanks!

And he will have a trial and a jury will decide if he is guilty or not.
A person is guilty or not, by way of doing an act or not. Being deemed guilty by a court is something completely different.

If my son steals money from my wallet, he is guilty of doing that. Even without a judge or jury.

There is a person who is 100% guilty of killing Cash. Because it wasn't an accident and it wasn't suicide. So, someone is guilty. Even before court. Everyone here is smart enough to know that no court verdict has been reached. But everyone is also smart enough to know there is a guilty person responsible.

Why is this thread so twisted?!?!? I have never in all my websleuths years seen so much focus be taken off of a child who was murdered and so many people wanting to distract from facts. This is a true crime forum. We discuss true crime. From the moment a person goes missing. There are many months and years before it goes to court. There is no need for a disclaimer on every post that it hadn't gone to trial yet. No kidding!!! He was literally just charged with capital murder yesterday. We are all aware of how the system works. And yet, the rules of this forum are to discuss only suspects who have been named by the police. As we are. What had not been mentioned in any main stream media or police is a second person being involved. So, if we want to start getting all "rule followy", then one person can be accused and discussed of being involved with the kidnapping and murder of Cash Gernon. His name is Darriynn Brown. He is the one and only person charged.

A person is guilty or not, by way of doing an act or not. Being deemed guilty by a court is something completely different.

If my son steals money from my wallet, he is guilty of doing that. Even without a judge or jury.

There is a person who is 100% guilty of killing Cash. Because it wasn't an accident and it wasn't suicide. So, someone is guilty. Even before court. Everyone here is smart enough to know that no court verdict has been reached. But everyone is also smart enough to know there is a guilty person responsible.

Why is this thread so twisted?!?!? I have never in all my websleuths years seen so much focus be taken off of a child who was murdered and so many people wanting to distract from facts. This is a true crime forum. We discuss true crime. From the moment a person goes missing. There are many months and years before it goes to court. There is no need for a disclaimer on every post that it hadn't gone to trial yet. No kidding!!! He was literally just charged with capital murder yesterday. We are all aware of how the system works. And yet, the rules of this forum are to discuss only suspects who have been named by the police. As we are. What had not been mentioned in any main stream media or police is a second person being involved. So, if we want to start getting all "rule followy", then one person can be accused and discussed of being involved with the kidnapping and murder of Cash Gernon. His name is Darriynn Brown. He is the one and only person charged.
I disagree. He may well be guilty and it looks like he is, but it is not up to us to pronounce that. We can say that it is our opinion that he is, but not unequivocally, that he is guilty.

Yes, I’ve never seen it called a “dogwhistle” for people to speculate fluids must be present if police said their forensic examination of the victim linked the suspect at the time of death. Speculating about this sort of thing is one of the main things we do on Websleuths... odd thread.

ETA: Fluids can include the perpetrator’s blood.

Last edited:
Is it a dogwhistle every time people speculate that body fluids must be present since police said the suspect was linked to the victims’ death forensically? Because then Websleuths has about a million dogwhistles. Or is it this specific case — and if so, why?

"As of last night, DB has been charged with CAPITAL murder due to lab-confirmed evidence linking DB to Cash at the time of death. I can only think of one piece of evidence that this would be."
Yes, he was. Thank you. Ignore is your friend.

What is a dog whistle?

Dogwhistle Definition
The use of terms that seem innocuous but are intended to convey a hidden and potentially controversial message to a particular audience.

And in regard to previous discussions:
Gaslighting Definition
Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgement.

The wording of ‘evidence linked to DB at Cash’s death’ is quite specific. I don’t think I have read it stated that way in other cases before. I’ve heard lab evidence has linked a suspect, but never at time of death. Would it have to be something like blood splatter on DB shirt or the weapon matching the wounds was found at his home. Semen on a body cannot prove it was there at time of death. Neither can blood transfer. It has to be something very specific. moo

In plain terms, a dogwhistle on WS is when you used veiled words to imply the thing that if you said out loud, would get your post deleted from the thread, the thread closed down and/or a personal Time Out.

To the topic at hand, evidence linking DB to CG at the time of death could be as simple as the murder weapon with fingerprints and/or DNA from both parties on it.

All the evidence is not in.

There is sufficient evidence to fulfill the requirements for charging him. They cannot charge him without all the evidence needed for this; the process that follows is another matter entirely. Evidence can still be introduced during trial, but all the evidential requirements to move the process forward have been fulfilled.

There is a lot of speculation about what lab results have been returned and assertions about how it can only mean ONE thing. So far we haven't heard anything about a sexual crime being committed; this might come later. There are many different things for which they could have tested, not just semen.

Again, my mind goes to the way a law enforcement officer stated unequivocally that DB was guilty and how this can affect finding a jury pool that isn't prejudiced.

And, please, before you jump on me and say that I'm saying he's not guilty, all I am saying is that there are mistakes made on the fringes of an investigation that can damage the process of going to trial and getting a conviction. There are those sitting in jail who shouldn't be because of overzealousness and mishandling of evidence, and there are those who SHOULD BE in jail who have managed to go on with their lives for similar reasons.

DB might (again...innocent until proven guilty, not my personal invention but legal protection for us all) be guilty, but there are many factors at play here. There IS a difference between crimes committed due to mental illness and crimes committed out of pure evil. We don't know the whole story of how and why this came to pass, and we need to wait patiently for the investigation to continue so that a proper case, that can be fairly and clearly prosecuted, is prepared.

What happened to Cash Gernon is unforgivable, mental illness or no, but we can't immediately start adding conclusions on top of speculation.

My own opinions and thoughts.

Maybe I've followed too many crimes or just aging but I believe many draw from past cases. Its human nature.

My belief is there were obvious signs of injury other than knife wounds. MOO. And those injuries would have caused death. Again just my opinion but it explains the link of DNA to Cash's death.

Since viewing the video of DB there was only one reason why he kidnapped Cash out of his bed. PERIOD.

EVIL walks amongst us every single day. Mental illness is not a requirement for EVIL.

Would folks be more inclined to believe DB committed this heinous crime alone if this were another victim from a seemingly perfect household? Perhaps

All just my opinions on the only person arrested and charged with this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname