NH NH - Laureen Rahn, 14, Manchester, 27 April 1980

New segment on WMUR for Laureen's anniversary: https://twitter.com/WMUR9/status/1387426379310977032
Unfortunately, looks like it's pretty much the same as the one they did last year, no new info. In fact, I think it might be exactly the same... Laureen has family in Manchester still, I wonder why they haven't tried interviewing them for these segments? Still, at least the investigation is still active and they're still making efforts to seek out tips.

Thank you...my gut feeling was always that there were older boys who could get a hold on the alcohol. We still don't know if the boys were both there that night....in the podcast there was at least one (called Brad, just to get him a name) and he took his life afterwords....Kristen knows more IMO
I tried reaching out to the email for the person who claims to be "Kristin's" daughter (In the Reddit post) but didn't get a response. I don't know how accurate that is, take it for a grain of salt because it is Reddit, but I would have loved to ask more questions and potentially talk to the person she claims was there that night. Even just having a better timeline of exactly what they did that night and who exactly they saw throughout the entire day of being together would be better than what we have.

Regarding the confusion about regarding Laureen's address: Most sources say it was 289 Merrimack St., however, the NH DOJ website says the police responded to a report at 239. I think 289 is the correct one. According to a Union Leader article from May 16, 1990 ("What Ever Happened to Laureen? (First of Two Parts)" by Glenn Wallace) Judith didn't actually call the police with her home phone. Instead, she and her boyfriend went out and started searching the neighborhood when they realized Laureen was missing (at 1:15 AM, right after they got home, Judith's bf noticed the backdoor was open and Judith realized Laureen wasn't on the couch or the bed), and "not long after" (presumably around 3:45 AM) Judith "sighted a police cruiser and reported her daughter missing". Maybe they were at 239 when she spotted the car and that's what the website is referring to.

Regarding the confusion about regarding Laureen's address: Most sources say it was 289 Merrimack St., however, the NH DOJ website says the police responded to a report at 239. I think 289 is the correct one. According to a Union Leader article from May 16, 1990 ("What Ever Happened to Laureen? (First of Two Parts)" by Glenn Wallace) Judith didn't actually call the police with her home phone. Instead, she and her boyfriend went out and started searching the neighborhood when they realized Laureen was missing (at 1:15 AM, right after they got home, Judith's bf noticed the backdoor was open and Judith realized Laureen wasn't on the couch or the bed), and "not long after" (presumably around 3:45 AM) Judith "sighted a police cruiser and reported her daughter missing". Maybe they were at 239 when she spotted the car and that's what the website is referring to.
Wow! I didn’t know those details!

In my episode on Laureen I said 289 because of that article. Also if you look up on google maps 239 is actually a school yard. I think it's incorrect in most places. 239 isn't technically an address, at least to my understanding.
Yes! I remember from the Google Street pictures, that it showed her home, based on that address.

So, the Union Leader has put up a digitized archive of their older articles. Since people have been wondering why there's so few photos of Laureen, here's a brief article from May 1, 1980 with another photo of her I haven't seen anywhere online. Of course, as they note, this photo was taken when she was 12 (the police apparently didn't acquire the yearbook photo until later) and so she looked pretty different by the time of her disappearance. I'll see if I can share more of the older articles later.

Attachments

• laureen rahn ul may 1 1980.png
    laureen rahn ul may 1 1980.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 68
Thank you so much for posting these. It's nice to see another photo of Laureen. However, it seems like the early witness sightings may have been based on this outdated photo, which wasn't of great quality.

They really tried to make it sound like Laureen had it really good at home, but I was of the impression they didn't have a lot of money. It's hard for me to believe Laureen had her own TV, phone, and stereo, apart from sharing them with her mother.

I also didn't know Laureen had a boyfriend who was grounded at the time. The articles says he didn't find out about her disappearance until days later.

I’ve recently stumbled upon a YouTube video from 2 months ago, of someone with an account going by Laureen’s name,

The only video, titled ‘i am here’, shows what appears to be a still of an abandoned house.

I wonder if LE is aware of this account.

Here is a screen cap of this account and the video in question.

Attachments

• B1D815C2-932C-4567-B5DE-437A27970162.jpeg
    B1D815C2-932C-4567-B5DE-437A27970162.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 63
I’ve recently stumbled upon a YouTube video from 2 months ago, of someone with an account going by Laureen’s name,

The only video, titled ‘i am here’, shows what appears to be a still of an abandoned house.

I wonder if LE is aware of this account.

Here is a screen cap of this account and the video in question.

I just pulled it up on YouTube.. So freaking strange. I read the comments too... I am wondering also if LE is aware of this account?

I just pulled it up on YouTube.. So freaking strange. I read the comments too... I am wondering also if LE is aware of this account?
It’s so strange, I remember that back in 2019, there was a missing girl from Feb. 2018 and once she was found (around June 2019).

There was an account on YouTube that made videos and on one of those, it had details of what happened, her alleged killer (who turned up to be true, weeks later).

It’s so strange, I remember that back in 2019, there was a missing girl from Feb. 2018 and once she was found (around June 2019).

There was an account on YouTube that made videos and on one of those, it had details of what happened, her alleged killer (who turned up to be true, weeks later).
Do you think the video should be turned in? Like one of us send it to LE?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back