Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we establish the Bobcat was equipped with GPS or are you referring to his phone? Which he may or may not have had with him.
Pondering because we own a Bobcat and it is not equipped with GPS.
Bobcat can come equipped with GPS. I’m not sure what computer capabilities are standard on bobcats for maintenance purposes. I’m thinking there may be a computer information system on the equipment that could give clues to when machine is operating, when it was last turned on, etc. whether or not it has “gps”. Someone more familiar with heavy equipment would know more than me. Just thought this info was interesting. I do know there are all types of GPS systems offered for “fleet management” of equipment.
From Bobcat website:
Bobcat Machine IQ Wireless Communications
Monitor and manage your fleet from anywhere.
No matter where you are, you can find out where your equipment is, how efficiently it’s running and whether it needs service.

Machine IQ wireless communications connects you to your machine’s information at any time, anywhere, from any device. Using Machine IQ, you can check on the health of your machines and remotely track information that enhances maintenance, security and performance.

• Use information to discover and address unplanned maintenance issues.
  • Create a planned maintenance program based on how you use your machine.
  • Track your machines’ locations and how they’re allocated.
  • Manage the expectations of machine usage and receive notifications if your machine is misused or misplaced.
  • Analyze efficiency and productivity for your fleet.
Via your Bobcat owner portal account at My.Bobcat.com, you can access machine information any time.”
Bobcat Machine IQ Wireless Communications - Bobcat Company
MOO

I was referring to his truck. He could have 'borrowed' somebody else's truck to tow his BobCat to dig a grave. Nothing he's done would surprise me in the least.

JMO
I don't know. I'm of the opinion that if he killed her he did something simple near their house that wouldn't be findable. I'm more bothered by the idea that AFTER the night she was determined missing and LE I assume was watching Barry how did he tamper or move the body off his property without anyone knowing?

There are a few posts on Thread #24 discussing the house security system and whether or not it was actively working or if it was disabled or broken. Did it connect to wifi? IF a home security system that connects to wifi is disabled by unplugging it, does that mean it's totally disabled?

Interesting about the trail cams. Why would he need those if the security system still worked.

JMO
IIRC The trail cams BM set up when AM search party was there (BM had a shotgun slung over his shoulder when searchers approached his property line as he was setting up cams), were being setup on the periphery of the 7.7 acres of property, not being setup to “watch” the “home” itself, but to surveil who was coming onto the acreage itself. BM warned them they were about to trespass onto his property and to not do it! That seemed really strange to me, like BM was worried searchers walking “onto his property” would/could find evidence. MOO

Great observations upthread about the well and casing. We had 5 wells on the farm, three were made with the old Bucyrus Erie "pounder" rigs and two with the Schramm rotary drill rigs. Cows drink about 30-35 gallons of water a day. The rotary drills run from a 3-4" test hole bit up to some really large diameter "rat hole" rigs. The well theory seems to me to be a little too complex as even tossing wood chipper shredded remains down the casing would clog any submersible pump and as previously noted, some really nasty water which would result in the pump being pulled to find out why and the jig would be up for BM.
Very good info on the well casing sizes. Yes, it’s a wild theory. I just came across the well permit he applied for after closing on that property. He sure was running around “taking care of business” like life was just normal as could be after he murdered his wife. SMDH MOO

I don't know. I'm of the opinion that if he killed her he did something simple near their house that wouldn't be findable. I'm more bothered by the idea that AFTER the night she was determined missing and LE I assume was watching Barry how did he tamper or move the body off his property without anyone knowing?
It happens. LE was watching Letecia Stauch like a hawk, even had tracking device placed on her car, but she still managed to hide Gannon in the wilderness of Colorado, go retrieve his body, and then take it all the way to Florida to dump it in a suitcase over the side of a bridge. It’s a God’s miracle he was found. MOO

Much as we like to imagine that LE has eyes on their prime suspects, from the cases I've followed, I don't think it works like that. The personpower and cost of that would be astronomical. Instead LE gets warrants and tracks vehicles.

In the Stauch case, there was much vehicle swapping, and during the early days while LE had a clear POI, unnamed publicly, it wasn't until AFTER vehicle data was pulled on subsequent vehicles that LE was able to determine some of the alleged murderess's movements....

Entirely possible someone was able to travel freely to Indiana, for example, and back without LE immediately knowing, only eventually knowing when other means of tracking revealed it.

My point: IMO it's not real-time tracking. It's back-tracking.....

And we don't know how many vehicles one landscaper had access to.....

Thankfully he'd not as clever as he thinks he is or he'd have boxed LE out instead of LE caging him in.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I am at below 50% that BM's bobcat had GPS. From all the searching online and a couple of phone calls I have done, it seems to be an accessory not normally supplied by Bobcat. Usually only large contracting firms with multiple machines at different sites go to this trouble.

Bobcat does have a telemetry system on some machines, but it does not appear to include GPS location and only feeds back to Bobcat.
Telematics Privacy Statement - Bobcat Company

I am at below 50% that BM's bobcat had GPS. From all the searching online and a couple of phone calls I have done, it seems to be an accessory not normally supplied by Bobcat. Usually only large contracting firms with multiple machines at different sites go to this trouble.

Bobcat does have a telemetry system on some machines, but it does not appear to include GPS location and only feeds back to Bobcat.
Telematics Privacy Statement - Bobcat Company
I agree with his. Large companies do things like that to keep track of their equipment and ensure that it's where it should be at the times it should be, but I wasn't thinking Barry's bobcat would have gps tracking or that he would pay extra for something like that unless he had concerns it would be stolen. Seems to me if it wasn't in his driveway or overnighting at a job site it was attached to his truck on the trailer.

@Error505 and I appear to have some competing Bobcat links. From the phone calls, I was told that only large construction equipment companies and landscapers with multiple machines do this, not individual owners with one machine that they trailer to and from a site.

Much as we like to imagine that LE has eyes on their prime suspects, from the cases I've followed, I don't think it works like that. The personpower and cost of that would be astronomical. Instead LE gets warrants and tracks vehicles.

In the Stauch case, there was much vehicke swapping and during the early days while LE had a clear POI, unnamed publicly, it wasn't until AFTER vehicle data was pulled on subsequent vehicles that LE was able to determine some of the alleged murderess's movements....

Entirely possible someone was able to travel freely to Indiana, for example, and back without LE immediately knowing, inky eventually knowing when other means of tracking revealed it.

My point: IMO it's not real-time tracking. It's back-tracking.....

And we don't know how many vehicles one landscaper had access to.....

Thankfully he'd not as clever as he thinks he is or he'd have boxed LE out instead of LE caging him in.

But that's just my opinion.

Leticia Stauch was on the way to getting away with murder. Just one miscalculation about where the bank of the Escambia River was when she tossed him off the bridge led to his discovery, with a piece of luck for Gannon that a highway worker went to the area he was in.
Like PFC Vannessa Guillen, some victims of murder seem to draw help to them to be found.

There are a few posts on Thread #24 discussing the house security system and whether or not it was actively working or if it was disabled or broken. Did it connect to wifi? IF a home security system that connects to wifi is disabled by unplugging it, does that mean it's totally disabled?

Interesting about the trail cams. Why would he need those if the security system still worked.

JMO
IMO, the security system would have been centered around the interior and exterior of the home. Their lot was almost eight acres and wooded. It sounds like BM used the trail cams to monitor the perimeter of his property.

JMO, MOO

But does the Bobcat have an Event Data Recorder? Sort of a black box for vehicles.

Event data recorder - Wikipedia

I'm pretty sure this was discussed in one of the previous threads, but I don't remember if Bobcats have them or not. MOO, but an expensive piece of equipment like a Bobcat would likely have one, or something similar.

Going off @Error505 's link, I found that the basic package has GPS location and history, Hours, Fuel Level, Asset Name and Maintenance tracking. Odd that the link I found did not note GPS in the opt out. Hmmm. With a $200.00 per year fee and a $100.00 activation fee you get a bunch of other features. Now putting on my Engineering hat for a moment, the data would need to be stored in some sort of memory before it was uploaded to Bobcat. So in a sense there would be a "data recorder" of sorts IF the machine is equipped with this system. I don't see a small contractor like BM going to this trouble, but it would be great if he did! Now the data storage portion of this is not like one on a plane or locomotive where it keeps video footage and voice recordings like "Oh *$@&#% or Hey Y'all, Watch This" ;)

IIRC The trail cams BM set up when AM search party was there (BM had a shotgun slung over his shoulder when searchers approached his property line as he was setting up cams), were being setup on the periphery of the 7.7 acres of property, not being setup to “watch” the “home” itself, but to surveil who was coming onto the acreage itself. BM warned them they were about to trespass onto his property and to not do it! That seemed really strange to me, like BM was worried searchers walking “onto his property” would/could find evidence. MOO

I remember that. I wonder what he was afraid the searchers might find. Why didn't he join them instead of showing his true threatening character with a shotgun slung over his shoulder. Then he said to tell Andy he loved him. Yup. He loved Suzanne, too. Okay!

JMO

IMO, the security system would have been centered around the interior and exterior of the home. Their lot was almost eight acres and wooded. It sounds like BM used the trail cams to monitor the perimeter of his property.

JMO, MOO

I understand. I found a PE video with Lauren Scharf who talked to a neighbory who saw the cameras at the Morphew house. Lauren says where the cameras are located. I'm using my phone right now but I'll post the link when I get back to my laptop.

JMO

Last edited:
Because he was critical of the father. I found that odd especially because his father is deceased. What would drive someone to do that I don’t know
CM is a profiler. He was back in BM's hometown taking us for a "walk" thru BM's early years. He was trying to perhaps paint a picture of how Barry grew up and how that translated into the adult he is - . My impression of the fathers behavior after listening to Chris was that the fathers behavior was excessive,controlling and overboard. Just my take away not necessarily his words.
My sense also was that the father was an agressive guy who may also have bullied Barry to make him tow the line. It was his way or the highway. Chris' thought may have been to show that the apple did not fall far from the tree in some of these aspects - like father like son .
It would be interesting to know if BM's mom, in turn, was BM's shelter from the storm. From current behavior we see I suspect that to be true.
All totally imo of course.

JMO, MOO
I am not bothered by BMs actiona with the trail cams. There were tons of strangers combing the area.
MOO What is bothersome is that he left his wife alone, in that huge house and lot with no cameras.

CM is a profiler. He was back in BM's hometown taking us for a "walk" thru BM's early years. He was trying to perhaps paint a picture of how Barry grew up and how that translated into the adult he is - . My impression of the fathers behavior after listening to Chris was that the fathers behavior was excessive,controlling and overboard. Just my take away not necessarily his words.
My sense also was that the father was an agressive guy who may also have bullied Barry to make him tow the line. It was his way or the highway. Chris' thought may have been to show that the apple did not fall far from the tree in some of these aspects - like father like son .
It would be interesting to know if BM's mom, in turn, was BM's shelter from the storm. From current behavior we see I suspect that to be true.
All totally imo of course.
I cannot argue with the fact that CM wants to paint a story....whether it is a fictional story or a factual story or some sort of docudrama in his mind only time will tell. I'm not a fan as I prefer facts over speculation, but that is just my opinion. His "impressions" of the father are his impressions... probably depends on "who" he talked to and in my opinion has little bearing on proving beyond doubt that Barry killed Suzanne and planned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288