Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there was evidence found on the PP property. Evidence bags were shown being removed from the home.
I’m really curious to about Count IV which the dates coincide with the sale of PP⬇️

COUNT 4-POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON (F5)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly possessed a dangerous weapon, namely: short rifle; in violation of section 18-12-102(3), C.R.S.
MOO

Yes, IIRC, when LE had the house under a search warrant there were people (LE) photographed coming to and from with what appeared like bagged evidence. I think they removed a considerable amount of potential evidence from the home and maybe some from the property as well.

Pics in below article.
Police and FBI wrap up search at property where missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband worked | Daily Mail Online

Many of you have pointed out that specific date range. It's hard to ignore the end date matching the reported sale of the PP home. That is interesting.

Right now, I'm thinking he owned a weapon that was not legal in CO and they recovered it during another search and charged him with it. Like they would have anything else that was illegal to have. He probably owned many firearms. I don't think this was the murder weapon, but anything is possible. IMO

It would not surprise me if the security system had a monthly monitoring charge.
It would also not surprise me if BM had gotten behind in his bills and that was one bill he had stopped paying.

JMO, MOO

He could have very likely done that. IMO it was all about money. He couldn't give up the lifestyle he was accustomed to. Lack of money us the root of all evil, too. It was easier to get rid of Suzanne.

Anyone else think the dates on Count 2 are indicative of firm evidence, hence the tight timeline on the count of tampering? Wonder what they have? It has been proposed that he moved the body around. He certainly moved that bobcat around.
Screenshot_20210611-151407_(1).png

I think there was evidence found on the PP property. Evidence bags were shown being removed from the home. I have reason to think someone’s been there digging recently.
I’m really curious too about Count IV which the dates coincide with the sale of PP⬇️

COUNT 4-POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON (F5)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly possessed a dangerous weapon, namely: short rifle; in violation of section 18-12-102(3), C.R.S.
MOO
I think they might have found it when searching and checked to see if it was registered in Colorado. When it wasn’t they just added it to the list of charges.

Per Findlaw & BBM:
Voluntary Manslaughter
Colorado also keeps what other states call voluntary manslaughter or “heat of passion” murder law within the second-degree murder statute. A sudden passion murder is one a person is provoked by something that causes them (and would cause an ordinary person) to be angry and act irrationally by killing someone.

An example of this is if a person walks in on his or her spouse sleeping with another person. The person could be so shocked he or she grabs the gun in the nightstand and shoots them both. This could be voluntary manslaughter. If, on the other hand, the person walks in sees this, then immediately runs away and comes back two days later to kill his or her spouse, there was time to cool down and it’s murder again.
Colorado Second-Degree Murder
But then what happens to the evidence of “premeditation”? I think BM left a forensic financial trail! MOO

But then what happens to the evidence of “premeditation”? I think BM left a forensic financial trail! MOO
What kind of financial trail do you suspect would add up to premeditation? You aren’t suggesting he hired someone or are you? I more think they will use the low threshold that he could have stopped. I think there are too many reasonable answers to the move to Colorado and the subsequent actions after Suzanne went missing but that is just my thoughts in bouncing off potential prosecutor line and potential defense rebuttal.

Well on Longhorn Dr?
@Error505 bbm I found this.* Hope it helps. Zillow.com under "Home Details" ---
"Note: This property is not currently for sale or for rent on Zillow. The description and property data below may’ve been provided by a third party, the homeowner or public records.
"2 Acres with well and power. Beautiful mountain views of the Continental Divide, close to the Arkansas river, and just a few minutes to downtown Salida."
bbm

* 8366 Longhorn Dr, Salida, CO 81201 | Zillow

Asking about if he did drill a well is very astute! Great posts.

There is a security system at PP. I posted the link with Lauren Scharf and the PE guys here at WS. Lauren interviewed the neighbor and the neighbor said the cameras are everywhere, pointing at the driveway, the property, the road. I have to wonder, though, were they working the night Suzanne was murdered.

I never knew trail cams were so effective. It's great you can capture what's going on so far away, and that you have hidden ones as well. What is it with people dumping trash anyway!

I just have a house security system that works off of wifi. It's got all the bells and whistles to keep the unwanted ones out, but to keep my husband in and to stop him from running away. Dementia does that to a person sometimes. I can see almost everything from my phone which is good. It's working for now.

I have to wonder if those trail cameras were set up so BM could keep an eye on anyone who might approach the area where Suzanne (or evidence) was disposed.

Because it is known that killers can return to the scene of the disposal, just to check that all is still covered up. Not dug up by animals, or revealed due to weather conditions such as heavy rain or high winds.

BM may not have wanted to return there in person as he may have suspected that he was being watched.

And he may have wanted to keep Suzanne and/or evidence close, so he could regularly monitor the site. (Until he could get out of Dodge.)

I feel sorry for her daughters, who will have to hear all of that disparagement of their mother. If Barry was any kind of decent man, he’d spare them that agony.
I just watched a 20/20 episode (original air date 2016) of the Dominique Leili murder case. The two youngest daughters were conditioned by their father to think that their mother was to blame for everything; and they subsequently followed their father's instruction of putting out a YouTube video disparaging other family members. They firmly believed that their father was innocent.

I don't know what they think now; however, I do believe that they have reunited with their older half-sister who always believed that her stepfather was guilty of killing her mother. I mention this particular case, because I was thinking of the the possible dynamics in the Morphew household.

Here's a link to information in the Leili case.
Dominique Leili Murder Case: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

<modsnip>
IMO, BM is so arrogant he thought that he was going to control the narrative every step of the way and everything he said/told LE would be believed. He never thought his story/timeline would be checked so thoroughly with a fine tooth comb, thought he could outsmart everyone including LE, Suzanne would quickly be forgotten and he would get away with it.

BM may be an expert hunter and tracker, too bad his arrogance and stupidity got in the way of him covering his own tracks. That is, too bad for him, but good for LE/DA and most importantly, justice for Suzanne.

IMO, no matter which strategy his defense team goes with, LE has evidence that proves BM is NOT a victim, that Suzanne IS the victim of his heinous, heartless crime.
IMO, their daughters and Suzanne’s siblings are traumatized victims via collateral damage of their beautiful, loving Mother and Sister be taken from them and disposed of in a cold, callous, heartless manner by their own Father and BIL.

My plea to BM- spare your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings the agony of a trial, just come clean and tell everyone where Suzanne’s remains are if for no other reason than to give your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings some semblance of peace and opportunity to lay her to rest properly with the dignity and respect she deserves.
Unrealistic? Probably, but hey, a girl can dream.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited by a moderator:
Suzanne’s sister has a new article in the mountain mail sharing her story. It’s behind a paywall, but maybe someone has access to it? If I am able to read it, am I allowed to give a synopsis of it here? Or is it against TOS?

<modsnip>
IMO, BM is so arrogant he thought that he was going to control the narrative every step of the way and everything he said/told LE would be believed. He never thought his story/timeline would be checked so thoroughly with a fine tooth comb, thought he could outsmart everyone including LE, Suzanne would quickly be forgotten and he would get away with it.

BM may be an expert hunter and tracker, too bad his arrogance and stupidity got in the way of him covering his own tracks. Too bad for him, good for LE/DA and most importantly, justice for Suzanne.

IMO, no matter which strategy his defense team goes with, LE has evidence that proves BM is NOT a victim, that Suzanne IS the victim of his heinous, heartless crime.
IMO, their daughters and Suzanne’s siblings are traumatized victims via collateral damage of their beautiful, loving Mother and Sister be taken from them and disposed of in a cold, callous, heartless manner by their own Father and BIL.

My plea to BM:: BM, spare your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings the agony of a trial, just come clean and tell everyone where Suzanne’s remains are if for no other reason than to give your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings some semblance of peace and opportunity to lay her to rest properly with the dignity and respect she deserves.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
tenor.gif

<modsnip>

BM may be an expert hunter and tracker, too bad his arrogance and stupidity got in the way of him covering his own tracks. Too bad for him, good for LE/DA and most importantly, justice for Suzanne.

My plea to BM:: BM, spare your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings the agony of a trial, just come clean and tell everyone where Suzanne’s remains are if for no other reason than to give your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings some semblance of peace and opportunity to lay her to rest properly with the dignity and respect she deserves.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
1000 likes!

Anyone else think the dates on Count 2 are indicative of firm evidence, hence the tight timeline on the count of tampering? Wonder what they have? It has been proposed that he moved the body around. He certainly moved that bobcat around.
View attachment 300365
To me that's consistent with them finding evidence that she was killed in the house, but not finding her body there. Presumably LE entered the house on the 10th, however briefly. So if they believe she was killed in the house on the 9th or the 10th, they can also charge him with tampering because he had to have moved her body prior to their entry.

Suzanne’s sister has a new article in the mountain mail sharing her story. It’s behind a paywall, but maybe someone has access to it? If I am able to read it, am I allowed to give a synopsis of it here? Or is it against TOS?

I believe that you are allowed to paraphrase the salient content of the article if you provide the link.
Just put it in your own words ... do not copy/paste any of it (other than what the unsubscribed public can see of it), because that creates a copyright breach.

We are allowed to do that on other threads, as per the mods.

Suzanne Morphew's older sister shares her story

I notice that the article has a little bit at the beginning of the article that the unsubscribed public can see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member