TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
and are less interested in stepping out of their patrol cars!

jmho ymmv lrr
And the trick burglars use in thunderstorms is to set off multiple intrusion alarms, hoping that police will stop responding to the false alarms. It would be interesting to see if there were alarm calls that night in the area.

From point to point (N to S, E to W) of each "diamond" is 4 feet - actually the pattern is X's on a 4 x 4 space and when those adjoin it results in a diamond pattern.

So if you are measuring it against one of the outer diagonal lines of one of those diamonds each of those is the hypotenuse measurement of a right triangle with a base (b) of 2 and a height (h) of 2 which is approximately 2.82843 feet in length.

Jethro, I am only getting 24.23 for one side of one diamond without the 3" piece according to your suggestion. That would be too short. I know the tiles are at least app 3o/31 " long. Do you calculate including the small 2"X2", the tiny black diamond?

-Nin

I just went to Missy's Memorial Facebook page, saw the photos of those women working out in the dark of night...and was horrified.
Those women were working out outside the building in the black of night, in a parking lot, with lights blazing on them from the parking lot! No security cameras. No security guard. Insane. ANYONE; Monday, Tuesday or Thursday, could see Missy and every one of those women arrive, workout and leave. If I were a ravenous wolf, that would be the flock I'd target. I'd select a hiding place, hang out, watch what was going on and select the most vulnerable of the group to start formulating my plan. Why not? I can see them and they can't see me.

Just presented this scenario to my husband and he said, there's no way on earth that he'd allow me to participate in such an asinine public display of dangerous, nocturnal vulnerability. The most vulnerable is the woman who arrived first. The one alone. The one preoccupied with going to the bathroom, gathering and setting up the workout gear. I know she's going to be outside or go inside. If I want to kill her, I can rape her, beat her up, shoot her OUTSIDE or INSIDE. If Its raining, I might assume she's going to workout INSIDE. Change of plan. I'm going to have to ambush her from inside. I've got to get in the building, hang out, then take her out when she walks in the door.

Until now, I had no idea how vulnerable those campers were.

Last edited:
Jethro, I am only getting 24.23 for one side of one diamond without the 3" piece according to your suggestion. That would be too short. I know the tiles are at least app 3o/31 " long. Do you calculate including the small 2"X2", the tiny black diamond?

-Nin
No, the tiles are not 30/31, they cannot be.

The "tiles" are 4 foot by 4 foot with an X on them (i.e. diagonal lines from NW to SE and NE to SW of each 4 x 4 square). If you put an X side by side with another X like so XX you will notice the "diamond" that appears between the two X's. A "diamond" would also appear if you put an X on top of (or under) another X. That is how that pattern is applied to the floor. Row after row of 4x4 X's.
Our human brain pattern recognition is wired, however, to "see" or derive the most complex pattern rather than the simplest which is why we are also prone to incorrectly interpreting optical illusions. This is why when viewing the floor pattern we immediately "see" diamonds rather than the much simpler X's that are there. We want to see (our brains are pre-wired to derive) the shape that is bounded by the lines (inside the lines) rather than the lines themselves.

Anyway ...

From the top point of every "diamond" you see to its bottom point is exactly 4 feet and from the left-most tip to the right-most tip is also 4 feet. The result if you draw straight lines from top to bottom and right to left within any of those "diamonds" the result is 4 right triangles that each have a base of two feet and a height of two feet with the third side of each being the hypotenuse of such a triangle with base 2 and height 2 and therefore 2.82843 feet (approximately as the decimals continue however far you want to go).

From the top tip of any "diamond" to the right-most tip is 2.82843 feet along that line and from the right-most tip to the bottom tip along that line is 2.82843 feet and from the bottom-most to the left-most along that line is 2.82843 feet and from the left-most to the top-most is 2.82843 feet. If you were to go there and measure the perimeter of any diamond it would be 11.3137 feet.

The hallway is 16 feet wide. From our perception there are 4 diamonds across. Three are easily visible while the fourth has its left side on the right of the hall as we see it (east) and the right side of that same diamond on the left of the hall as we see it (west) - i.e. that "diamond" wraps around. 16 divided by 4 is 4 and thus each square with an X is 4x4 and each diamond is exactly 4 feet high and 4 feet wide.

So, whatever line you are measuring the shoe against will be 2.82843 feet long or 33.94116 inches. Make sure whatever line you are measuring against is a part of a complete diamond and whatever percentage of the line you come up with for SP's shoes multiplied by 33.94116 will be the length of the shoe. If you are measuring against a line of a diamond that is cut-off (i.e. at east or west edges of the hall) you will not be able to calculate the proportional length of SP's shoes easily though it can be done.

No, the tiles are not 30/31, they cannot be.

The "tiles" are 4 foot by 4 foot with an X on them (i.e. diagonal lines from NW to SE and NE to SW of each 4 x 4 square). If you put an X side by side with another X like so XX you will notice the "diamond" that appears between the two X's. A "diamond" would also appear if you put an X on top of (or under) another X. That is how that pattern is applied to the floor. Row after row of 4x4 X's.
Our human brain pattern recognition is wired, however, to "see" or derive the most complex pattern rather than the simplest which is why we are also prone to incorrectly interpreting optical illusions. This is why when viewing the floor pattern we immediately "see" diamonds rather than the much simpler X's that are there. We want to see (our brains are pre-wired to derive) the shape that is bounded by the lines (inside the lines) rather than the lines themselves.

Anyway ...

From the top point of every "diamond" you see to its bottom point is exactly 4 feet and from the left-most tip to the right-most tip is also 4 feet. The result if you draw straight lines from top to bottom and right to left within any of those "diamonds" the result is 4 right triangles that each have a base of two feet and a height of two feet with the third side of each being the hypotenuse of such a triangle with base 2 and height 2 and therefore 2.82843 feet (approximately as the decimals continue however far you want to go).

From the top tip of any "diamond" to the right-most tip is 2.82843 feet along that line and from the right-most tip to the bottom tip along that line is 2.82843 feet and from the bottom-most to the left-most along that line is 2.82843 feet and from the left-most to the top-most is 2.82843 feet. If you were to go there and measure the perimeter of any diamond it would be 11.3137 feet.

The hallway is 16 feet wide. From our perception there are 4 diamonds across. Three are easily visible while the fourth has its left side on the right of the hall as we see it (east) and the right side of that same diamond on the left of the hall as we see it (west) - i.e. that "diamond" wraps around. 16 divided by 4 is 4 and thus each square with an X is 4x4 and each diamond is exactly 4 feet high and 4 feet wide.

So, whatever line you are measuring the shoe against will be 2.82843 feet long or 33.94116 inches. Make sure whatever line you are measuring against is a part of a complete diamond and whatever percentage of the line you come up with for SP's shoes multiplied by 33.94116 will be the length of the shoe. If you are measuring against a line of a diamond that is cut-off (i.e. at east or west edges of the hall) you will not be able to calculate the proportional length of SP's shoes easily though it can be done.
EC34E871-28FB-41F3-820A-EF59A8E496CC.jpeg AE31F445-1B94-4F94-83D2-ECF2DC11C74C.jpeg 60EC5C5A-5634-458A-B483-C606FB8EF3A9.jpeg

I hadn’t realised that Missy’s classes were not just for females, there were also male campers aswell. Missy was a very beautiful woman and from SM her life seemed perfect almost envious. I wonder if a person who had attended her fitness classes in the past either developed an obsession with Missy and/or was very jealous of her and her life. Her life appeared to revolve around her children, family and fitness. I wonder if there was ever a male who stopped attending suddenly? Perhaps not someone you’d consider ‘close to’ the victim but yet not a total stranger. Perhaps she kindly rejected their advances once, they felt humiliated and planned revenge. Kind of like stalking from a distance where she was unaware anyone held a grudge against her or was seeking her out to attack, and someone who wouldn’t immediately come to mind when those who knew her were questioned whether Missy had any enemies because this someone blended into the background, didn’t stick around long and never voiced their feelings to anyone who knew Missy. An unknown enemy of sorts who took a dislike to her over something trivial. An enemy she was unaware of. All MOO

Continuing to think along the lines of the teenage, motocross, B&E, vandal/stalker theory.
The victim, if targeted, could have become easily known by a stalker. Whether SP was rising his cycle home from somewhere and took notice of women in the parking lot and stopped to take a look, or whether SP was cruising the internet looking for local buildings to rob, Missy's activities and schedule were available for all the world to see.

I assume that Missy had friends, relatives, neighbors, associates, campers, church members, who have teenaged kids. Any of them could have had knowledge of what she did, where she did it and when. If I were investigating this case, I'd be at least looking for an internet savvy, motocross oriented teen boy with a history of petty crimes involving B&E, vandalism or both. Did Missy's circle of friends, campers, associates, etc. have a delinquent, shiftless teenager with a record and a lightweight cycle? Did SP know there weren't any external surveillance cameras, because they were closely associated with someone in Missy's circle? It makes a B&E/stalking a lot more tempting when you know for sure surveillance ain't happening. The Creek Church just happens to be ripe for the plucking. If I found aerial shots of the church, the layout of the entrances, exits and hiding places online, so could SP.

There's no way you're getting a full dress, police Harley through those woods, but threading a lightweight, motocross bike through a patch of woods would be a piece of cake for a teenager used to ripping around off road.

There comes a time in every B&E guy's life when he can up the anti or choose to accept being just a petty thief. It depends on your psychology. Richard Ramirez and other burglars of his ilk began burgling for goods and the thrill of it all. At some point, they upped their anti and chose to forego the goods for the kill. From that point they kept on killing foremost. Is that our guy? Is this that turning point for him? Or was he dead set determined to kill this woman for reasons unknown to us, but very meaningful to him?

There's no way you're getting a full dress, police Harley through those woods ...

You need to be aware, in your surmising and contemplating, that those "woods" you see on the map aren't exactly woods. What you are seeing is a heavily tree-lined creek, that was probably swollen and almost flooding that day, due to extensive heavy rains not only that morning but in the prior day as well. There would have been no riding of a cycle in or through that creek.

You need to be aware, in your surmising and contemplating, that those "woods" you see on the map aren't exactly woods. What you are seeing is a heavily tree-lined creek, that was probably swollen and almost flooding that day, due to extensive heavy rains not only that morning but in the prior day as well. There would have been no riding of a cycle in or through that creek.
I wasn't suggesting a pontoon mission through raging flood waters. I was talking about taking the perimeter of the field and parking the cycle behind some trees or bushes. JMHO

Attachments

• creek.jpg
    creek.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thought of something else...If you're a woman bent on the assassination of the object of your hatred in the church, why would you bother to waste time driving in a circle around a sporting goods store?
Isn't it more likely someone got off the highway to take a driving break and sat there for a few minutes making their mind up whether to get back on the road and continue their journey?

And why go to all the trouble to conceal your head to foot identity, if you're going to out your (white or silver) vehicle and possibly your license plate in a well lit parking lot? Just sit there. Your presence saying, "Hey! Look at me!" That doesn't seem logical.

I don't think that car has anything to do with this crime.

Last edited:
Thought of something else...If you're a woman bent on the assassination of the object of your hatred in the church, why would you bother to waste time driving in a circle around a sporting goods store?
Isn't it more likely someone got off the highway to take a driving break and sat there for a few minutes making their mind up whether to get back on the road and continue their journey?

And why go to all the trouble to conceal your head to foot identity, if you're going to out your vehicle and possibly your license plate in a well lit parking lot? Just sit there. Your presence saying, "Hey! Look at me!" That doesn't seem logical.

I don't think that car has anything to do with this crime.
The car may or may not be related to the crime. But, there are certainly some possible answers to address the questions you pose.

Why waste time driving around SWFA? Why, indeed. If we try to keep this simple and not overthink it, here is what I come up with. If I see a car pull into a business, turn its lights off and back on a few times, and drive slowly around the perimeter, isn’t it most likely that the driver is there because there is something interesting about that business? And doesn’t the headlight flashing and perimeter drive make it pretty unlikely that the driver is just taking a break?

As far as outing the vehicle, that hasn’t happened in 5 years. Police still don’t know how it is. To me that makes it likely that the driver switched license plates.

The potential answer that makes the best sense to me is that the killer did pull into SWFA before ever setting foot at the church. In fact, SWFA may have been a target they were considering either to hit that night or in the future. Turning off the headlights allows the driver to see into the building better, without reflection glare. They then drive around in order to assess points of entry and exit. And when they come back around and park, they are directly facing the entrance and can sit there taking notes.

So upon leaving the SWFA, SP either notices the church and decides to check it out, or else they were already considering it as their Plan B. Either way, they find it the best option for that night, and they do some things to test for a police response. Once that is done, they go back and enter the church.

The car may or may not be related to the crime. But, there are certainly some possible answers to address the questions you pose.

Why waste time driving around SWFA? Why, indeed. If we try to keep this simple and not overthink it, here is what I come up with. If I see a car pull into a business, turn its lights off and back on a few times, and drive slowly around the perimeter, isn’t it most likely that the driver is there because there is something interesting about that business? And doesn’t the headlight flashing and perimeter drive make it pretty unlikely that the driver is just taking a break?

As far as outing the vehicle, that hasn’t happened in 5 years. Police still don’t know how it is. To me that makes it likely that the driver switched license plates.

The potential answer that makes the best sense to me is that the killer did pull into SWFA before ever setting foot at the church. In fact, SWFA may have been a target they were considering either to hit that night or in the future. Turning off the headlights allows the driver to see into the building better, without reflection glare. They then drive around in order to assess points of entry and exit. And when they come back around and park, they are directly facing the entrance and can sit there taking notes.

So upon leaving the SWFA, SP either notices the church and decides to check it out, or else they were already considering it as their Plan B. Either way, they find it the best option for that night, and they do some things to test for a police response. Once that is done, they go back and enter the church.

Ever take a long trip in the pouring rain at night? You're barreling down the highway and hit a deep puddle. Your electrical system goes haywire. Your lights go out. You might even stall out. Best thing to do is pull of the road and test everything before you get back on the hwy. A few runs around the lot might straighten things out and give you a few moments to collect your thoughts before you continue on your journey. Happened to me in Savannah, Georgia during a long drive from New York to Florida. HUGE thunderstorm. Poorly lit road. Inky black night. Hit a deep puddle that shorted out the electrical system. We limped into a well lit Holiday Inn parking lot, gave it a minute, then tested our lights. Ran the car around the lot a bit to make sure the car was operational before we got back on the road.

I don't know what the statistics are, but I'm pretty sure stealth is foremost in the mind of a burglar/assassin. Parking under a light and taking notes isn't something I think Mr. Stealth is into. Besides, all of that info can be found online. Look at the architectural and logistical information WS people have gathered from the web. As far as "testing" the police goes, SP is a world class, burgling failure incapable of sophisticated/abstract thought. I would think he'd want to avoid a police encounter, not tempt or test them. JMHO.

Ultimately Missy, who was hyper-sensitive enough to arm herself:
1. Didn't call 911.
2. Didn't grab her gun in self-defense.
3. Didn't stay in her truck and leave.

Do you think she saw a white vehicle in that lot? JMHO.

Last edited:
I wasn't suggesting a pontoon mission through raging flood waters.

What impenetrable "woods" were you taking of, when you said "There's no way you're getting a full dress, police Harley through those woods"? I thought you were mistakenly speaking of the creek area, and now I have no clue WHAT you're talking about.

What impenetrable "woods" were you taking of, when you said "There's no way you're getting a full dress, police Harley through those woods"? I thought you were mistakenly speaking of the creek area, and now I have no clue WHAT you're talking about.
Again, I believe a lightweight motorcycle, similar to one used for motocross, could be ridden from the hwy, along the wooded area to the right of the field, then parked and hidden in the trees.
The Harley comment was a joke. :)

Attachments

• creek.jpg
    creek.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 10
Ever take a long trip in the pouring rain at night? You're barreling down the highway and hit a deep puddle. Your electrical system goes haywire. Your lights go out. You might even stall out. Best thing to do is pull of the road and test everything before you get back on the hwy. A few runs around the lot might straighten things out and give you a few moments to collect your thoughts before you continue on your journey. Happened to me in Savannah, Georgia during a long drive from New York to Florida. HUGE thunderstorm. Poorly lit road. Inky black night. Hit a deep puddle that shorted out the electrical system. We limped into a well lit Holiday Inn parking lot, gave it a minute, then tested our lights. Ran the car around the lot a bit to make sure the car was operational before we got back on the road.

I don't know what the statistics are, but I'm pretty sure stealth is foremost in the mind of a burglar/assassin. Parking under a light and taking notes isn't something I think Mr. Stealth is into. Besides, all of that info can be found online. Look at the architectural and logistical information WS people have gathered from the web. As far as "testing" the police goes, SP is a world class, burgling failure incapable of sophisticated/abstract thought. I would think he'd want to avoid a police encounter, not tempt or test them. JMHO.

Ultimately Missy, who was hyper-sensitive enough to arm herself:
1. Didn't call 911.
2. Didn't grab her gun in self-defense.
3. Didn't stay in her truck and leave.

Do you think she saw a white vehicle in that lot? JMHO.
The possibility of an electrical malfunction was discussed here when the video first surfaced. As it turns out, automobile manufacturers got smart sometime ago (before 2010) and started designing cars in a way that they wouldn’t malfunction just because a thing called rain happens. So whatever is going on with this driver, the consensus after consideration has been that it is not an electrical malfunction.

If we are talking about things SP is not into, I would probably add Google Maps to the list. If what you say is true - that “he” is “incapable of sophisticated/abstract thought” - then wouldn’t it make sense that SP would be more simple and old school in surveillance technique and actually GO to the place rather than do online research?

As for the comments about not testing the police, you lost me there. It’s as if you’re saying that this person would break into the building without knowing first whether or not the church has an alarm. If SP did that, then why? Why go spend half an hour in a building when cops could show up any minute? And how do you explain the fact that a NE entrance, two windows, and a kitchen service door were ALL breached, if some of that wasn’t testing for an alarm?

ETA: Back to the car at SWFA and parking under a light. I don’t know whether it was intentional on SP’s part or not, but being directly beneath that light made the car’s glass more reflective of glare and revealed less about the inside of that car rather than more. And that particular parking spot (right next to a landscaped island with shrubbery) is fairly concealing. I’ve been there. SWFA is kind of down in a hole below highway level. No one passing by on the highway at night would have been able to see it, I don’t believe. The same basically holds true regarding your comments about Missy’s CG workouts being visible from the road. I have some video on my YT channel that to me indicates this is unlikely.

Last edited:
I think its important not to assign a high level of sophisticated thinking to this individual. SP was a failure. From the outset, they:

1. Failed to respect the property rights of people they did not know.
2. Failed at a burglary.
3. Failed at exercising self-control.
4. Failed at resisting the urge to bring a weapon with them.
5. Failed at finding a better way to channel their energy.
6. Failed at respecting the life force in another human being.

The only thing SP succeeded in was:
1. Breaking in.
2. Killing a human being.
3. Running away.

This isn't the profile of a criminal genius.
JMHO

Last edited:
The possibility of an electrical malfunction was discussed here when the video first surfaced. As it turns out, automobile manufacturers got smart sometime ago (before 2010) and started designing cars in a way that they wouldn’t malfunction just because a thing called rain happens. So whatever is going on with this driver, the consensus after consideration has been that it is not an electrical malfunction.

Not sure what meaning a "consensus" has, because the facts of what happened that night cannot be determined by popular vote. While cars are perhaps made better these days, they can and do still malfunction when water gets into the wrong area. It's not as likely to be a problem today as it was years ago, but it still can happen to the right car at the right time. They are water resistant, but far from water proof.

Was this one of those "right times"? Probably not. But it was absolutely possible, so we can't say for sure it didn't happen that night on that road with that car. And the actions we see on video do fit what would happen in that circumstance, including the driver getting off the road, driving slowly, applying brakes, testing lights, and deciding to sit for a few and hope that the issue is remediated by a bit of "drying out" before resuming his trip down the road in the rain.

A consensus is “a general agreement”. Obviously that does not mean unanimity; nor does it mean that an electrical malfunction was ruled out. And I did not say that it was. But since our new friend Gardener spoke of such a malfunction, and the implication was that it was more of a probability than a possibility, I had to bring up that we looked at the matter way back when. In fact, I believe you were the one who originally brought it up.

But again, while we can’t rule it out, it’s a long shot. Putting the word “absolutely” in front of “possible” doesn’t make it more possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd