CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In missing woman Maya Millete case, Chula Vista police serve 11 more search warrants

June 4, 2021

Chula Vista police have written 11 more search warrants over the last two weeks in the search for Maya Millete, a missing mother of three who disappeared nearly five months ago.

That makes 42 search warrants that authorities have written for "residences, vehicles, cellular and electronic devices, call detail records, financial records, social media and cloud data."

Police have also interviewed 61 people, reviewed more than 85 tips and conducted a search near an abandoned golf course that is about one mile from Maya Millete's home, which she disappeared from on Jan. 7.

[..]

"Officers and investigators have remained committed to finding the reason behind her disappearance or bringing those responsible for her disappearance to justice," the Chula Vista Police Department said Wednesday.
_______

Little thinks something will happen in a couple of weeks -- wonder if golf course search revealed new info?

animated-bird-image-0474.gif
Bumping with a prayer that Maya is found soon or LE makes a move.

This has already been reported before the weekend search. It's where this case stands now.
upload_2021-6-7_20-53-42.png
Here's the latest on Maya Millete | cbs8.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Updated: 6:17 PM PDT June 2, 2021

animated-bird-image-0719.gif

Another search for June 12th is being planned.
Help Find Maya | Facebook

animated-bird-image-0474.gif
Bumping with a prayer that Maya is found soon or LE makes a move.

This has already been reported before the weekend search. It's where this case stands now.
View attachment 299917
Here's the latest on Maya Millete | cbs8.com
Updated: 6:17 PM PDT June 2, 2021

animated-bird-image-0719.gif

Another search for June 12th is being planned.
Help Find Maya | Facebook
The article says there have been 85 tips submitted related to “possible sightings” of Maya. There were 3,456 “possible sightings” of Elvis during the same time frame.

Allegedly, with tongue in cheek, only amateur opinion and speculation

Yeah, I don't like to hear "possible sightings" when I am pretty sure Maya is not alive. I'm so sorry to have to say that.

People that imagine they saw her may be harming the investigation, IMO. LM probably loves all the "possible sightings". Insisting she's wine tasting just like he said. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't like to hear "possible sightings" when I am pretty sure Maya is not alive. I'm so sorry to have to say that.

People that imagine they saw her may be harming the investigation, IMO. LM probably loves all the "possible sightings". Insisting she's wine tasting just like he said. :rolleyes:

Kessler tried to use that as a defense in the Claudine Gifford case. Said someone saw someone who looked like her on a plane or something like that. Didn't work too well for him.

Millete son photographed near cache of illegal guns | cbs8.com

Published: 8:21 PM PDT May 9, 2021
Updated: 2:35 PM PDT May 10, 2021

[..]

The gun violence restraining order was handed down May 5 against Larry Millete, the husband of Maya Millete, a Chula Vista mother who has been missing for four months, according to court records.

The records said the husband was ordered to surrender all his weapons and ammunition to police, two days before officers served a second search warrant on his home on May 7.

[..]

Gun violence restraining orders are meant for firearm owners who are “deemed a ‘high risk’ to public safety,” according to a motion seal the Millete restraining order, filed by San Diego City Attorney, Mara Elliott, whose office handled the restraining order application.

Judge Bacal ordered Larry Millete’s name and address redacted from the court records until a hearing is held on June 22. However, Millete's name is associated with the restraining order case number, when searched through the San Diego County Sheriff's Department website.

During the June hearing, the judge will decide whether to make the gun violence restraining order permanent for at least 12 months.

She has a very familiar looking face. She looks very much like a few women I know, all of them beautiful and vibrant.

The only sightings I would believe would be from people who knew her well, not people who only saw the poster. JMO

Also, with the pandemic, where would they have seen her unmasked?

Last edited:
Have there been any updates since the house was searched?

It seems to me that, at this point, they would have at least SOME clue as to what happened ... or didn't happen ... in the house.

If they found incriminating evidence, wouldn't somebody be under arrest already?

Maybe I'm just impatient (not to mention being worried about the kids), but it almost makes me wonder if the search didn't turn up anything at all. :eek:

If they found incriminating evidence, wouldn't somebody be under arrest already?

Any incriminating evidence they found has to be enough to make a case before there is an arrest. If the case isn’t strong enough and the person on trial is acquitted, there are no second chances. LE taking time to build a solid case is important, even if it tries our patience. A “no body” case requires extra care.

The kids are a big worry, but we saw in the Powell case what can happen when a spouse feels backed into a corner, so all we can do is hope for the best. I’m sure LE is keeping that in mind.
JMO

ikr. i just read that this morning and said " i called it!".

But who knows, it could've been perp (who watched too many "48 hour" shows) and thought maybe bring the phone up there just to get that last loc ping.. then smash it just to set up a scenario.
I wonder if LE divulge the time of that last ping. That would help with the timeline and offer more insight.

If it was say early Friday morning, it can be a slim chance that MM was hiking, BUT then again it was her daughters big bday trip weekend to Big Bear. Common sense, IMO, would be to prepare for the trip and every minute for prep is important. Maricris stated, when she went to the home on Saturday, there were no signs of anybody had packed.

If last ping was late thurday night, that definitely would be suspicious. Out walking in the middle of the night in an abandoned golf course, where the only accessible entrance is a long dark back trail from the rear of the course?

MOO and amateur speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members