Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this time do we have a link for the Texas Divorce of SO & DO ? TIA
Imo and experience
As I have stated upthread Texas does Not recognize Any Separations. We are a Common Law State as it pertains to any Marriages be it Formal or informal. Any of the 2 types of Marriage must go thru the same type and cost of the Divorce process.
There are only 4 designated areas
Single Married,Divorced or Widowed.
TB to DO would be nothing more than a paramour; If SO and DO Divorce has and was Not Finalized and Decree less than 30 days.
DO would be the estranged spouse.
MOO

BBM above…..
Websleuths does not allow links to legal documents that have to do with people NOT named as POIs/suspects in this case. That is considered sleuthing family who are not accused by LE at this time. Please do not post in a way that prompts answers that would violate TOS.

THANKS!

"Samuel’s paternal grandmother, [TO], told KHOU 11 that she last saw the boy the first week in May and last spoke with him on the phone about a week before he was reported missing."

------

In the 11:57 minute unedited video (of TO), at this link, around 3:35, TO states May 2nd was the last time she "physically had hands on him."

Timeline: What happened to Samuel Olson? | khou.com
She also said she had full custody

“Tanya told the outlet that she has full custody of the boy, but both parents claim they don’t have the child and don’t know where he is.”
MISSING: Grandmother says fake cop connected to 6-year-old boy’s disappearance

“Tanya told the outlet that she has full custody of the boy, but both parents claim they don’t have the child and don’t know where he is.”

"Samuel Olson, 6, was last seen Thursday in Houston, in the 8800 block of McAvoy Drive. According to Samuel’s grandmother, Tanya Olson, someone dressed up as a cop showed up with the boy’s mother and took him. Tanya said Samuel was being cared for by a family member of his father’s fiancée when the incident happened, ABC 13 reports."

So paternal grandma said she had full custody which was not true. Was that something her son told her?

She also said "Tanya said Samuel was being cared for by a family member of his father’s fiancée when the incident happened..."

Who told Grandma O that a family member of the girlfriend was babysitting when the fake cop arrived? Because that is not true either.

Did the girlfriend tell people that her Mom was there when SO and the cop arrived?

She called this out during her live interview (6 min mark) and states she never stated this. It was along the lines of the request for reporters to ensure accurate reporting.

I personally think there was so much going on at the time, there was a lot of confusion and misunderstanding. When you add to that the entire story line those first few days was being based on a lie created by TB then told to DO and TO I can see why so much confusion was going on.

Typing this made me think of the confusion expressed by the officer during the first press conference and the frustration expressed by TM. I imagine reporters may have been dealing with the same thing in trying to get all the info straight while reporting on this situation.

She called this out during her live interview (6 min mark) and states she never stated this. It was along the lines of the request for reporters to ensure accurate reporting.

I personally think there was so much going on at the time, there was a lot of confusion and misunderstanding. When you add to that the entire story line those first few days was being based on a lie created by TB then told to DO and TO I can see why so much confusion was going on.

Typing this made me think of the confusion expressed by the officer during the first press conference and the frustration expressed by TM. I imagine reporters may have been dealing with the same thing in trying to get all the info straight while reporting on this situation.

The officer, yes. I'm not very good at play-acting, and you see a lot of it following cases here, where officers and investigators get up at a podium and say things that you later find out they clearly didn't believe, or maybe you can even tell in the moment, because sometimes it's what you have to say to move a case forward. I would loathe that part of the job.

Thank you for clearing that up for me because it really had me perplexed as to why she would make such a claim.
I wish media would make corrections in their reporting, noting the mistake.

I’m so glad some media is finally clearly reporting the custody issue.
How can you enforce a court order for child custody if you can’t find and serve the party who is in contempt in order to bring him before a judge?
Then, when she finally found them and desperately slammed into his car in an attempt to get the cops there to enforce her court order, all she got is arrested.
The system failed her, her court order was useless, and on top of all that, on social media people continue to attack and blame her, even putting her in the same category as the killer, while she grieves after she lost her son through no fault of her own.
What a nightmare.
All the worst of worst case scenarios.

“Dalton Olson had eluded court efforts to force him to return Sam to Sarah Olson, who had primary custody of the boy. The father had visitation rights and had failed to return Samuel for more than a year”
“Court records show that process servers over that period of time had been unable to deliver court filings to Dalton Olson.”
"She did try to get police officers involved, but in Texas, the standard answer is 'You have to take it up with the judge”
“The Houston PD does not enforce custody orders. "It is a civil matter," department spokesman Victor Sendies told Inside Edition Digital. "Anything civil, we don't enforce those. It has to go through the court system."

“Custody disputes are particularly hard to resolve because enforcing a judicial ruling is sometimes impossible...what is the point of a court order, if only the judge can enforce it?"
A Look at Sarah Olson's Fight for Her Son Samuel Before His Death

ETA: and then serving her for the dad to get custody after he’s dead is beyond the pale.
I’m glad this has finally hit MSM. There needs to be a change regarding enforcement of custody orders. LE should be more than willing and legally able to enforce custody orders. A child was placed in a dangerous situation and no agency was able to help this mother, who had a legal right to take custody of her child. That child is now dead. The killer is behind bars but there are plenty of other people who failed this child. It makes me sick.

I’m glad this has finally hit MSM. There needs to be a change regarding enforcement of custody orders. LE should be more than willing and legally able to enforce custody orders. A child was placed in a dangerous situation and no agency was able to help this mother, who had a legal right to take custody of her child. That child is now dead. The killer is behind bars but there are plenty of other people who failed this child. It makes me sick.
Me too,all those who took TB side and willingly threw Bio Mom under the bus. I'm so disgusted. MOO

bio dad had an order out on bio mum for a domestic incident on SO’s birthday last year. All the adults in this little boys life failed him in some way. Moo
That got dropped,and I'm sure it was for good reason. She did everything the right way,the legal way, followed the rules,and now the sweet child is dead. MOO

bio dad had an order out on bio mum for a domestic incident on SO’s birthday last year. All the adults in this little boys life failed him in some way. Moo
That’s the incident when she desperately tried to get her child back from his father when he was in contempt of a court order and already several months into hiding the child after a weekend visitation.
Unfortunately, it was to no avail because custody court orders are a civil matter that cannot be enforced if the non custodial parent hides the child from the court, and now he’s dead.

"Police can enforce a child custody order, but most times they don’t [...]"

"The police could get involved if they wanted to. Interference with child custody is a crime."

"Under Texas Penal Code 25.03, interference with child custody is when someone takes or retains a child when that person knows that the taking or retention of the child violates a judgment or order. It is considered a state jail felony, punishable by up to two years in prison."

"The police usually reserve this charge for the most egregious situations such as taking the child to another state or country and not returning."

Can police enforce a child custody order? | Texas Divorce and Child Custody Lawyers

Sec. 25.03. INTERFERENCE WITH CHILD CUSTODY:

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 25. OFFENSES AGAINST THE FAMILY

I guess it all depends... <moo>

"Police can enforce a child custody order, but most times they don’t [...]"

"The police could get involved if they wanted to. Interference with child custody is a crime."

"Under Texas Penal Code 25.03, interference with child custody is when someone takes or retains a child when that person knows that the taking or retention of the child violates a judgment or order. It is considered a state jail felony, punishable by up to two years in prison."

"The police usually reserve this charge for the most egregious situations such as taking the child to another state or country and not returning."

Can police enforce a child custody order? | Texas Divorce and Child Custody Lawyers

Sec. 25.03. INTERFERENCE WITH CHILD CUSTODY:

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 25. OFFENSES AGAINST THE FAMILY

I guess it all depends... <moo>
In all fairness, they did finally take custody of the child and return him to his rightful custodial parent, his mother, before the woman violating a PO to not have contact or go within 200 feet of DO’s family crossed state lines into Louisiana with his body, I guess that fits within the parameters of, “the most egregious situations ”.

“The Houston PD does not enforce custody orders. "It is a civil matter," department spokesman Victor Sendies told Inside Edition Digital. "Anything civil, we don't enforce those. It has to go through the court system."
A Look at Sarah Olson's Fight for Her Son Samuel Before His Death

MOO There was one party that definitely knew and was aware of the visitation custodial exchange designated location.
Typically in Texas , that is on a scheduled 1st,3rd and 5th weekends of every month. That visual calendar is always available on the Texas Office of Attorney General for download.
Per the Attorney interview excerpt
this stands out Imo moo
"SO would initially exchange the child through the paternal grandmother, T O."
‘Too many holes in that story’: Attorney speaks on behalf of mother of missing 5-year-old Samuel Olson

As Colombo use to say
There is one more thing ....
The School Districts in Texas can be very detailed when it comes to transfers and enrollments.
The Elementary he last went I believe to be in the Cyfair District.
How did DO obtain all required documentation plus his court needed papers for enrollment? Moo imo jmo
In personal experience in the Tx schools , they will typically always ask for your court orders naming you as the primary custodial parent. Jmo
Here is the documentation needed for the school
Kindergarten :: Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District

As Colombo use to say
There is one more thing ....
The School Districts in Texas can be very detailed when it comes to transfers and enrollments.
The Elementary he last went I believe to be in the Cyfair District.
How did DO obtain all required documentation plus his court needed papers for enrollment? Moo imo jmo
In personal experience in the Tx schools , they will typically always ask for your court orders naming you as the primary custodial parent. Jmo
Here is the documentation needed for the school
Kindergarten :: Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District

McKinney-Vento?

<moo>

Last edited:
"Students who are experiencing homelessness are to be enrolled immediately. Districts cannot require students experiencing homelessness to provide proof of residency, immunizations, birth certificates, guardianship documents, or any other sort of required paperwork before enrolling. Requiring missing paperwork or any other delay to enrollment is a violation of the McKinney-Vento Act."

Texas Education for Homeless Children and Youth (TEHCY) Program | Texas Education Agency

"The McKinney-Vento Act provides rights and services to children and youth experiencing homelessness, which includes those who are: sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason; staying in motels, trailer parks, or camp grounds due to the lack of an adequate alternative; staying in shelters or transitional housing; or sleeping in cars, parks, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, or similar settings."

McKinney-Vento Act: Quick Reference

BBM and <moo>

Last edited:
There were questions asked regarding why mom couldn’t just find her child by her own volition answered in her attorney’s interview, besides what we know about the legal system failing to protect and enforce her right to her child.
Samuel missed more school than we realized while with his dad/fiancé, even before his last day, Apr 30, at his most recent school before his murder.
I don’t understand what’s up with schools, even years ago they required the other parent’s address/phone number to register, my ex in another state received every report card even though I had primary custody. In San Antonio, now my grandchild has all school correspondence emailed to both parents.
When hiding a child, for whatever reason, school is the often first thing to be disrupted. It’s a big red flag, it happens in so many cases.

‘Too many holes in that story’: Attorney speaks on behalf of mother of missing 5-year-old Samuel Olson
BBM
According the her attorney, Gonzalez:
When S and D divorced, the custody agreement placed the child with the mother, which has not been modified since 2019.

S hasn’t been able to get in touch with D or the grandmother.

Samuel went two months without going to school before being taken to another school in Jersey Village.

"Students who are experiencing homelessness are to be enrolled immediately. Districts cannot require students experiencing homelessness to provide proof of residency, immunizations, birth certificates, guardianship documents, or any other sort of required paperwork before enrolling. Requiring missing paperwork or any other delay to enrollment is a violation of the McKinney-Vento Act."

Texas Education for Homeless Children and Youth (TEHCY) Program | Texas Education Agency

"The McKinney-Vento Act provides rights and services to children and youth experiencing homelessness, which includes those who are: sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason; staying in motels, trailer parks, or camp grounds due to the lack of an adequate alternative; staying in shelters or transitional housing; or sleeping in cars, parks, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, or similar settings."

McKinney-Vento Act: Quick Reference

BBM and <moo>
Interesting.
I’m not an attorney but it looks like all you need under FERPA to overrule a custody order is a PO, or to just apply for one, and schools will help you hide a child from a custodial parent, the only people not eligible for a school’s help hiding a child are those who have had their parental rights revoked by a court.
It’s my understanding that a temporary PO is fairly easy to get, you just need to convince a judge you are afraid of someone, but again, I’m not an attorney, this is only what I’ve been told.

A few things from a download linked at the McKinney-Vento Act site:
Privacy and Homelessness: A Technical Assistance Tool

FERPA requires schools to give full rights to either parent, unless there is a court order, State statute, or legally binding document relating to such matters as divorce, separation, or custody that specifically revokes these rights. 34 CFR §99.4

• If the student changes schools, consider routing records to the new school through the state department of education, so an abuser cannot follow the records to find the student.

• Keep in mind that the time frame for complying with a request to review an education record is up to 45 days (34 CFR §99.10(b)), so if a parent is in the process of obtaining a restraining order or fleeing an abuser, the school may allow victims time to seek help and safety prior to releasing the records.

Last edited:
There were questions asked regarding why mom couldn’t just find her child by her own volition answered in her attorney’s interview, besides what we know about the legal system failing to protect and enforce her right to her child.
Samuel missed more school than we realized while with his dad/fiancé, even before his last day, Apr 30, at his most recent school before his murder.
I don’t understand what’s up with schools, even years ago they required the other parent’s address/phone number to register, my ex in another state received every report card even though I had primary custody. In San Antonio, now my grandchild has all school correspondence emailed to both parents.
When hiding a child, for whatever reason, school is the often first thing to be disrupted. It’s a big red flag, it happens in so many cases.

BBM
According the her attorney, Gonzalez:
When S and D divorced, the custody agreement placed the child with the mother, which has not been modified since 2019.

S hasn’t been able to get in touch with D or the grandmother.

Samuel went two months without going to school before being taken to another school in Jersey Village.
RBBM
This is where now there are conflicting stories that can be easily cleared up in the coming days. I'm wondering with the past years closure due to the "precautions of lockdowns" and slow moving dockets, this case is or might be still sitting and waiting. Many times with no movement it will be dismissed without prejudice or DWOP. MOO jmo imo
"Samuel’s parents had been involved in a bitter custody battle after filing for divorce in January 2020. His mother, S O, had primary custody but she had not seen Samuel since summer 2020, her lawyer, Marco Gonzalez, told reporters this week.
https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/texas/affidavit-texas-boy-was-killed-long-before-reported-missing

Eta: remove too many words of article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member