TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

Booking #: 52906-2021 Big Spring Police Department
Facility:
Booked: 06/14/2021 Released: 06/14/2021
Name adkins, shawn casey Desc
Alias Hair
SO # 0114 Eyes
Address
Warrant # Charge Issuing Auth Offense Date Bond/Type Fine/Crt Costs Disposition
Other Agency Hold MURDER BSPD
Surety Bond
Released to other Agency
https://txhowardodyprod.tylerhost.net/PublicAccess/default.aspx

No court record yet. I can't remember who has jurisdiction in Hailey's case? Is he being held in HC Jail for another agency?

BIG SPRING – A jailer at the Howard County Jail on Monday afternoon confirmed that Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of the mother of murdered teenager Hailey Dunn, has been arrested on a charge of her murder and is jailed.

Bond is $2 million, the jailer confirmed. Early Monday evening, Adkins had been released to another agency, according to the Howard County Jail website.

Adkins was living in Big Spring at the time of his arrest, the jailer said.

Erica Morse, a private investigator who has worked for years with Hailey Dunn's father, Clint Dunn, separately confirmed the arrest Monday afternoon.

“This is not a surprise,” she said. “Mr. Dunn and I had a meeting with the Mitchell County District Attorney about 30 days ago. During that meeting, we were assured that during the month of June, Hailey’s killer would be arrested.”

Morse said that when she contacted Dunn Monday to tell him about the arrest, his first words were, “I had a feeling it was going to be today.”

“Everyone will learn this moving forward: Clint’s intuition … was the driving force in this case,” she said. “And he is a template for every parent who wants to find justice for their child.”

Morse around 6 p.m. Monday said she planned to release a statement on Clint Dunn’s behalf within a few hours.

Shawn Adkins arrested, jailed in connection with Hailey Dunn murder

COLORADO CITY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A private investigator working the case of Hailey Dunn, who went missing in 2010 and was found dead in 2013, says suspect Shawn Adkins couldn’t have gotten away with the crime for 10 years “without help.”

In an interview Monday night, private investigator Erica Morse discussed certain details surrounding the murder arrest of Shawn Adkins, who was Hailey’s mother’s boyfriend at the time she went missing.

“About 4:40 this afternoon I received a call from a city official in Big Spring telling me that Shawn Adkins had just been booked into the Howard County Jail on a charge of murder,” Morse said.

Morse says not only will evidence illuminate what happened in the days prior to Hailey’s disappearance, but also the events that took place afterward

“This isn’t tied to just one piece of evidence, this is a story, this is a narrative that will clearly lay out and define what happened in those days leading up to Hailey’s disappearance and the days after, and probably the subsequent few months,” Morse said.

Although she says there may still be questions that go unanswered.

“There is a lot that I want to say right now there is a lot that I shouldn’t say right now. But you don’t get away with this type of crime for 10 years without help,” Morse said.

To see the full, raw interview, watch the attached video.

Hailey Dunn investigator: ‘Can’t get away with this type of crime for 10 years without help’ | KTAB - BigCountryHomepage.com

"We will not be doing a release of information on the arrest of Shawn Adkins. To clear up any mis information, Adkins was arrested today in Big Spring and booked into the Howard County Jail by the Texas Rangers, on a warrant for murder. The warrant was issued out of the 32nd Judicial District Attorney's office. Any release of information relating to the details of the charge will come from the 32nd Judicial Attorney's office located in Nolan County."

"We will not be doing a release of information on the arrest of Shawn Adkins. To clear up any mis information, Adkins was arrested today in Big Spring and booked into the Howard County Jail by the Texas Rangers, on a warrant for murder. The warrant was issued out of the 32nd Judicial District Attorney's office. Any release of information relating to the details of the charge will come from the 32nd Judicial Attorney's office located in Nolan County."
HCSO arrested and held Shawn until Mitchell County Sheriff could transport him to their facility.

The 32nd Judicial District Attorney's office represents Nolan, Mitchell and Fisher counties.

Like many of my fellow WSers here, I’ve been following this case since the beginning. I think we all knew who was the main person responsible for this.

I am so glad that Shaun has finally been arrested for Hailey’s murder. It may have taken a loooong time, but some people never gave up to get justice for her. Justice for Hailey is coming!

And I think it really says something that LE notified Clint (via his PI) of the arrest but didn’t notify Billie. Hmmm. That’s all I’ll say.

So many questions, but my number 1 is when will the others be arrested as well that were involved?

Erica says it was a story that spanned a few days, well that clearly shows more people were involved.

What evidence did they finally get to make the arrest?

What happened Sunday after Shawn sent those *advertiser censored* pics to the aunt?

Why was Del at the house Sunday night?

Did D. Dunn really go to a friend's house, what does he know? Will he be subpoenaed?

Why did the mom lie and say a friend took her to work? Why did she lie and say Hailey was asleep in her bed?

Oh My Lord...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

FINALLY !!!!!!!

Remember the leather serial killer mask collection this clown had?

I can finally change my statement at the bottom of my posts----I put it there when this case began, and said it would start until Hailey's killer was arrested.

“Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Ok. ok, I know it could be taken as 'every day nothing is found, it means her daughter is alive'......but I think most know that she already knew that wasn't the case. :mad:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back