Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new to WS but have refreshed this thread (and the first one) countless times over the past year hoping for any update about BW. I feel very affected by her case and desperately wish someone had done something to help her. It’s breaking my heart that she had plans to get away and get SaW and SW out her life - she was nearly 18.

I’m of the opinion that SaW knew about the abuse. For her to come back over a text conversation to say she doesn’t believe her just doesn’t sit right. Even if she was lying surely you would have some doubt in your mind and not instantly rebut your daughter when she had disclosed something so serious. SaW threatened to kill her then she went missing in the immediately following days, I’m surprised she isn’t being charged with murder too anymore.

Either
Sc / Sa put the rucksack into the garage...a very odd thing to do when you are asking police to help you find your missing daughter and are presumably trying to give them every assistance

Or
Bernadette, having decided to run away, firstly goes to the garage, opens the door with a key ? And drops her rucksack there, leaving behind the only supplies she has that might be of use to her as a runaway.

I agree with what your saying but several lines of defence have sprung to my mind as I am sure they will do to the defence team. Its pretty compelling stuff but the defence only needs to raise "reasonable doubt" and so far, I have to say, whilst the evidence is pretty compelling, it is all just circumstantial. Means and motive are all very obvious but no mention of how or where.

I agree with what your saying but several lines of defence have sprung to my mind as I am sure they will do to the defence team. Its pretty compelling stuff but the defence only needs to raise "reasonable doubt" and so far, I have to say, whilst the evidence is pretty compelling, it is all just circumstantial. Means and motive are all very obvious but no mention of how or where.

The defence team are paid to do that job, so they might well try selling that to the jury. But I don't see any reason for the jury to buy it.

As you point out, it's "reasonable doubt", not just any tiny doubt. I don't see how they can produce doubt enough to be "reasonable" so far.

The defence team are paid to do that job, so they might well try selling that to the jury. But I don't see any reason for the jury to buy it.

As you point out, it's "reasonable doubt", not just any tiny doubt. I don't see how they can produce doubt enough to be "reasonable" so far.

Its interesting how people see the same information with a different view. I cant see how you can quantify doubt really.

Heres 3 very important questions
How was the deed done?
Where was the deed done?
Where is the body?
The answer to all 3 is "We don't know"
By that answer we already have doubt.

It will be the jury that decides, i'm just pointing out i don't think this is clear cut and dried.
I think it will be very interesting if and when the defendants take the stand.
Again all my own opinion.

Its interesting how people see the same information with a different view. I cant see how you can quantify doubt really.

Heres 3 very important questions
How was the deed done?
Where was the deed done?
Where is the body?
The answer to all 3 is "We don't know"
By that answer we already have doubt.

It will be the jury that decides, i'm just pointing out i don't think this is clear cut and dried.
I think it will be very interesting if and when the defendants take the stand.
Again all my own opinion.

I disagree. The main question is : Did Scott kill Berni? And for that I have no doubt.

I also have no doubts that Sarah should be facing charges of joint enterprise.

Last edited:
That message is absolutely heartbreaking. Poor, poor Bernadette. I recall someone posting a link to some FB photographs from Christmas time a long while back: Bernadette looked so, so deeply sad in all of them, as though she was almost about to cry, while the buzz of Christmas Day was going on around her.

I wonder if she also felt the need to stay at home - instead of running away - because of wanting to protect her her younger siblings from similar treatment.

SW's response to her daughter - that she would kill her if she reported the abuse - is breathtakingly wicked. And there followed the months of 'Come home, my princess, no-one is angry with you...' etc. etc.

Either
Sc / Sa put the rucksack into the garage...a very odd thing to do when you are asking police to help you find your missing daughter and are presumably trying to give them every assistance

Or
Bernadette, having decided to run away, firstly goes to the garage, opens the door with a key ? And drops her rucksack there, leaving behind the only supplies she has that might be of use to her as a runaway.

I find the whole rucksack issue intriguing.

I agree that the contents of the rucksack seem more consistent with an overnight stay than for running away, and therefore less likely that BW placed it in the garage herself.

But if ScW/SaW placed it there, then what happened afterwards? Did they forget about it? Did they not search through it - why did they not find this note themselves? It was over six weeks between the incident and the arrests, plenty of time to have dealt with it...

So another possibility - does it serve some supportive purpose for either/both SaW and ScW's defence that we haven't quite worked out yet? Was it actually intended to be found? Was it known about by both ScW and SaW, or does it have a unilateral benefit? Are we sure, for instance, that these are BW's words, written by BW without duress, or is there another angle?

I'm sure there is far more to come on this bit.

That message is absolutely heartbreaking. Poor, poor Bernadette. I recall someone posting a link to some FB photographs from Christmas time a long while back: Bernadette looked so, so deeply sad in all of them, as though she was almost about to cry, while the buzz of Christmas Day was going on around her.

I wonder if she also felt the need to stay at home - instead of running away - because of wanting to protect her her younger siblings from similar treatment.

SW's response to her daughter - that she would kill her if she reported the abuse - is breathtakingly wicked. And there followed the months of 'Come home, my princess, no-one is angry with you...' etc. etc.
I looked at SaW's tiktoks again last night. The one with the music 'Miss you like crazy' just after they reported her missing is chilling. I really don't understand why it's not a joint enterprise charge. It was clearly a plan devised the night she confronted her mother with the SA allegation, had her phone seized and was separated from her siblings. I can't believe he acted alone and off his own bat at any point.

I think earlier in the thread we probably discussed the contents of all of the social media accounts of the accused. However, I looked at ScW's tiktok account for the first time last night @firesagaofficial. 866 and the unnumbered one in the wheelchair are particularly creepy.

I find the whole rucksack issue intriguing.

I agree that the contents of the rucksack seem more consistent with an overnight stay than for running away, and therefore less likely that BW placed it in the garage herself.

But if ScW/SaW placed it there, then what happened afterwards? Did they forget about it? Did they not search through it - why did they not find this note themselves? It was over six weeks between the incident and the arrests, plenty of time to have dealt with it...

So another possibility - does it serve some supportive purpose for either/both SaW and ScW's defence that we haven't quite worked out yet? Was it actually intended to be found? Was it known about by both ScW and SaW, or does it have a unilateral benefit? Are we sure, for instance, that these are BW's words, written by BW without duress, or is there another angle?

I'm sure there is far more to come on this bit.

I agree it’s going to take some fathoming out but I can’t see how someone saying that their mum said she would KILL you after telling her that your dad was ABUSING you could possibly be of any benefit to their defence. Written by BW or by someone else. But I have had to eat my words before, so we will see! I guess the only way would be if it had been planted to frame them….. but that doesn’t fit with the rest of the evidence so far like the pretend text messages etc

Lisa Wilding QC, prosecuting, said that Scott Walker was spoken to by police on September 8 about Bernadette’s disappearance.

Ms Wilding said: “He said he had picked Bernadette up, and made his way home. He wanted to go to McDonalds, but she didn’t want to.

“He wanted to confront Bernadette over the allegations, so he pulled over to a grass verge to roll a cigarette.

He said he asked her why she had made the allegations. She said she did not want to talk about it - she got out of the car and walked down an alley.

“He said he tried to follow her.

“He said to police he could not remember the exact location as he had a lot on his mind.

“He drew a map, but said he would not be able to locate the area

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s dad ‘didn’t know’ where Bernadette got out of car, jury told

DC Jacqui Quinn, the officer in the case from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Investigations Unit, gave evidence, explaining to jurors what information was available from mobile phones - both when officers had the handset, and when they did not.

She said Bernadette’s phone was disconnected from the network on the morning of July 20 last year, and had not been reconnected since, The handset has not been recovered.

She agreed she was unable to say when, where and by whom the handset was discarded.

Messages between one of Bernadette’s friends, who she initially spoke to about the allegations Scott Walker had abused her, and between Bernadette and Sarah Walker as she told her about the allegations were also read out to the jury.

The jury has, as planned, now been reduced from 14 members to 12.

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s dad ‘didn’t know’ where Bernadette got out of car, jury told

This case has really upset me. While we all suspected there would be allegations of SA, to see she wasn’t believed, shipped out, threatened and her alleged abuser sent to collect her, is heartbreaking. As a mother there would have been only one person leaving my house if my daughter confided in me.

I really hope justice is served for bee. The fens and areas around are so vast, It doesn’t surprise me they haven’t located her if the parents haven’t disclosed where she is. Leaving her bag in the lockup seems sloppy but I don’t think they ever thought the police would search there when they reported her missing.

DC Jacqui Quinn, the officer in the case from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Investigations Unit, gave evidence, explaining to jurors what information was available from mobile phones - both when officers had the handset, and when they did not.

She said Bernadette’s phone was disconnected from the network on the morning of July 20 last year, and had not been reconnected since, The handset has not been recovered.

She agreed she was unable to say when, where and by whom the handset was discarded.

Messages between one of Bernadette’s friends, who she initially spoke to about the allegations Scott Walker had abused her, and between Bernadette and Sarah Walker as she told her about the allegations were also read out to the jury.

The jury has, as planned, now been reduced from 14 members to 12.

I can't believe someone wouldn't remember where they stopped when something so traumatic happened as your daughter running away and the panic that a normal parent would feel.

I think dropping the murder charge against her could aid her defence. Police aren't confident she knew Bee was going to be killed, so why should the jury believe she immediately just accepted she was dead and helped him? That fits more with believing Scott's story she ran away and sending texts from her phone to give the appearance of smoothing over any fights they had had the week before.

The CPS has screwed this up IMO. It seems more likely to me that SaW sent him out to murder her, especially sending ScW to pick her up and still not returning her phone to her.

It makes me furious since she's in court anyway. What's the harm with letting a jury decide whether they proved it or not, they can't bring charges later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆