TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are back on the topic of the strange behavior exhibited, I'm just boosting some posts I made earlier about a possible medical event that could lead to such behaviors. :)
I should probably elaborate on my tentative theory of a complex partial seizure! These types of seizures do not occur throughout the whole brain, but rather in one specific lobe, so it creates very odd symptoms that people do not immediately clock as a seizure.
Symptoms are usually preceded by an 'aura' (a weird feeling or strange sensation; which also gives me pause wondering if Jason could have started seizure activity before the crash and the aura led to the actual crash), and the symptoms themselves usually last under 3 minutes, though they lead to post-ictal symptoms (symptoms after the seizure occurs, like confusion, tiredness, and strong emotions).
Symptoms are specific to the person and specific to the lobe affected, but all show a lack of awareness to ones environment, it looks like someone has gone on 'autopilot'. People can freeze up, moan, cry, repetitively pick at things, start walking aimlessly, and start removing clothing. Here is a good resource about this kind of seizure.
While a complex partial (also called a focal awareness impaired) seizure is usually associated with a known diagnosis of epilepsy (vs a one-off seizure in response to stimuli), of course, there are exceptions!
Here is the abstract to a study of patients who developed complex partial seizures following head injury, 16/25 of which had their head trauma later in life.
Here is a case study of a man who developed complex partial seizures following a severe head injury after a road traffic accident.
Here is the abstract to a study of patients who developed odd, complex partial seizures after a relatively minor closed head injury (i.e. a concussion or bruising without loss of consciousness). This one is very interesting to me and I might go try to find the whole article, as the details match up well to Jason's case.
(sorry about all the links and rambling- I've been out of uni since April and I'm itching to research again :D had to hold myself back from using APA citations there)

Last edited:
Yes it is- I live a few hours from Sunpeaks :)

I recognized his picture because his family, especially his mom, has been relentless in their search for him. They could probably today, with the knowledge and experience they've gained start their own professional SAR organization. His mom is amazing and I think other families with missing loved have reached out to her for guidance when the official SAR effort ends, which it always will at some point. IMO

Exactly what my post was going to say, till I saw you posted it. Ever since I heard the saying about the most likely conclusion is more often the simplest, it’s rang true many, many times over. I do have faith in LE and SAR but how many cases here alone have we read that later, after the searches bodies have been found hanging in TREES. Even in some cases where suicide was a possibility. We are creatures of habit. Searches primary focus is in front of them - ground level. Then work out, and everywhere I guess. If he experienced any version of undressing (hypothermic/bad drug reaction/head injury), they are not of sound mind, even if it was 500 ft from the car, he too could have climbed into a culvert and passed away after.

I wonder if searches are ever held at the same timing the individual is believed to have went missing. I guess if it was the middle of the night that could be a risky situation for the searchers. I ask because as I was saying that they weren’t of sound mind in such an episode - the daylight/darkness can make things look much different/appealing then in the opposite.

moo
Yes. They need to search at night. He likely walked toward a source or sources of light since it was a moonless night and no street lights. I really believe his body could be found this way. I think he went searching for help & until searchers try that in similar conditions of darkness, important clues & probably discovery of evidence or remains will not be found. The assumption that the discarded clothing was what he wore that night is just an assumption. What if he was dressed for cold weather? How far away might he have wandered? JMO

The assumption that the discarded clothing was what he wore that night is just an assumption. What if he was dressed for cold weather? How far away might he have wandered? JMO

It's not "just" an assumption. It's the clothing that he wearing in a Snapchat selfie an hour or so before leaving.

Could he have changed before leaving and was wearing something else? Sure. But that requires more logic gymnastics. Is there a serious reason to think that he changed clothes between that snap and when he left?

It's not "just" an assumption. It's the clothing that he wearing in a Snapchat selfie an hour or so before leaving.

Could he have changed before leaving and was wearing something else? Sure. But that requires more logic gymnastics. Is there a serious reason to think that he changed clothes between that snap and when he left?
umm, because there were cold, windy, raining, weather conditions in Texas ?

Not to nit pick * Facebook FACETIME not Snapchat

umm, because there were cold, windy, raining, weather conditions in Texas ?

OK, let's assume he did change clothes. Now, are you saying that some 900 ft away, he was carrying those clothes and dropped them in such a way that leads KL to believe that JL was wearing them? I went back to listen to the Lordan interview:

Lordan asked KL if the clothes were in one pile, if they could have been chucked out the window while driving. KL said: they were not in one pile, the watch was under his shirt, slides, socks, shorts, and underwear, all within a trail of less than than 100 yards. KL doesn't think they came from JL's bag, since it was so full of gaming equipment. KL says appears the red shirt in the video screenshot is the same one he found in the road (my apologies for saying it was a Snapchat screengrab).

KL wonders if JL had put on something warmer over the clothing. Since no other articles of clothing were found (as far as I know), it also doesn't make logical sense that JL would take off shirt/shorts/underwear but keep the warmer clothing on.

@itsanadventure We're only allowed to talk about fact gotten from LE and/or MSM. We can't talk about anything gotten off SM (social media), or what friends have to say, UNLESS that friend has been verified on this site as an "insider". Otherwise it's off limits. Sorry....

ETA - or directly from the family and any video sources that this site allows to post and/or discuss. For instance, the LourdanArts video needed a Mod's permission to post and discuss.

Last edited:
You’re right that we wouldn’t know if he had taken it, but I do think it could give us a strong possibility that he did and that’s why he disappeared. Also if we knew what the drug was that it was laced with, it could tell us if he could have gone a lot further than if he had a head injury. It wouldn’t solve this, but I think it could help.

I think you are being grossly unfair to a young man unable to defend himself.

Defend himself against what? There was in fact marijuana in his car. LE said they were having it tested for possible hallucinogens. It’s not really a stretch or “grossly unfair” IMO to wonder if he smoked some and if it was or was not laced with something (which could have been completely unknown to him). His clothes were found in the road and he is missing. I think it would be important to know if something was possibly consumed that could have enabled him to end up outside of the search area. In fact it seems that it was important to LE to find out since the MJ was tested. I didn’t accuse him of anything. I don’t care that a college student had weed in his car. I haven’t seen anyone here pass judgement about that. It’s really just about finding out anything at all that could help find Jason.

I think you're missing your OP's point.

We all know what he was wearing earlier. But it makes sense to me that if he felt the need to be warmer (which would be wise), he would discard that clothing and don other clothing. In order, as IRB says, walk across country, to lights he could see in the distance. A forensic experiment would probably really help here.

OK, let's assume he did change clothes. Now, are you saying that some 900 ft away, he was carrying those clothes and dropped them in such a way that leads KL to believe that JL was wearing them? I went back to listen to the Lordan interview:

Lordan asked KL if the clothes were in one pile, if they could have been chucked out the window while driving. KL said: they were not in one pile, the watch was under his shirt, slides, socks, shorts, and underwear, all within a trail of less than than 100 yards. KL doesn't think they came from JL's bag, since it was so full of gaming equipment. KL says appears the red shirt in the video screenshot is the same one he found in the road (my apologies for saying it was a Snapchat screengrab).

KL wonders if JL had put on something warmer over the clothing. Since no other articles of clothing were found (as far as I know), it also doesn't make logical sense that JL would take off shirt/shorts/underwear but keep the warmer clothing on.

Unless the undergarments were mostly cotton. Better not to have cotton undergarments against your skin in a cold, rainy situation.

To add to my post with another question...

This whole Waze app thing. Has it been said ANYWHERE what address was logged into the Waze app? Seems like the data they received from Waze would have contained an address entered by JL upon leaving San Marcos for his destination.

Food for thought.
I am sure LE knows this info and just not sharing at this time

Defend himself against what? LE said there was marijuana in his car.
LE said they were having it tested for possible hallucinogens.
I wondered if he smoked some and if it was or was not laced with something (which he would not know of)

Sadly, I know of others who have smoked or done other drugs laced with something they were not aware of and it contributed to hospitalization or OD

I have neighbors whose sons/ friends this happened to.
Marijuana can be laced just as any other drug can be.

NOT unfair of speculation.
I am not victim blaming in any way and want Jason found as much as his family does.
Jason may not have known.

Eating too much banana bread can get you so high, it gives you a feeling of the marijuana being laced. And just smoking a type of weed with a high percentage (25-30%) of THC in it can give you that feeling also.

Not enough sleep, dehydration, and not eating well (if only for that day), can contribute to all of that.

Almost everything you read online about marijuana being laced is a myth. Laced with fentanyl is the most recent one. Even the federal gov. is trying to keep these myths alive time and time again.

If something is laced, its done by the people who bought the weed not the seller. Because you would go out of business in no time.

(Absolutely not implying something about the victim here.)
Absolutely do not agree that the buyer would be the only one lacing the weed. Marijuana gets laced all the time and that's no myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288