Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. Presumably, the boyfriend knew she was lying in the media and to police but deliberately said nothing. Can't wait for his evidence.
do we know if he is giving evidence?

"An exchange on Facebook Messenger between Sarah Walker and one of Bernadette’s friends, on July 19, was read to jurors by Ms Wilding and Detective Constable Jacqui Quinn, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit.

The friend wrote to apologise to Sarah Walker after she told him that Bernadette’s abuse claims were false.

He said he “just wanted to say I’m sorry for anything you read” in an exchange he had with Bernadette.

“I believed her and tried to be a good friend and help her through it and am really angry and upset with her about this,” he said.

“I don’t want you to believe I think you’re a bad mum.”

In her response, Sarah Walker told the boy: “I really advise you block her to be honest.

“You don’t need that drama.”

She went on: “I really miss her and know she’s sad right now but we can move past this.”

Sarah Walker wrote that she “didn’t take (Bernadette) to the police in the end, I took her to her grandparents”.

“I hoped she would own up to them.”

She added: “If I thought for one minute it’s true, her dad wouldn’t be here.”

Court hears mother's exchange with Bernadette's friend - PeterboroughMatters.co.uk

"An exchange on Facebook Messenger between Sarah Walker and one of Bernadette’s friends, on July 19, was read to jurors by Ms Wilding and Detective Constable Jacqui Quinn, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit.

The friend wrote to apologise to Sarah Walker after she told him that Bernadette’s abuse claims were false.

He said he “just wanted to say I’m sorry for anything you read” in an exchange he had with Bernadette.

“I believed her and tried to be a good friend and help her through it and am really angry and upset with her about this,” he said.

“I don’t want you to believe I think you’re a bad mum.”

In her response, Sarah Walker told the boy: “I really advise you block her to be honest.

“You don’t need that drama.”

She went on: “I really miss her and know she’s sad right now but we can move past this.”

Sarah Walker wrote that she “didn’t take (Bernadette) to the police in the end, I took her to her grandparents”.

“I hoped she would own up to them.”

She added: “If I thought for one minute it’s true, her dad wouldn’t be here.”

Court hears mother's exchange with Bernadette's friend - PeterboroughMatters.co.uk

It's infuriating reading this. SW is vile.

The mother of missing teenager Bernadette Walker messaged one of her daughter’s friends urging him to block the 17-year-old on social media after she went missing, a murder trial has heard.

Bernadette Walker was last seen alive on July 18 last year when Scott Walker, who she called dad but was not her biological father, collected her from her grandparents’ house in Peterborough, Cambridge Crown Court heard.

The photography student had claimed that 51-year-old Scott Walker had sexually abused her “over a number of years” and prosecutors allege he killed her to “prevent her pursuing her allegations of sexual abuse any further”.

Mum of missing teen 'urged daughter’s friend to block her on Facebook'

The mother of missing teenager Bernadette Walker messaged one of her daughter’s friends urging him to block the 17-year-old on social media after she went missing, a murder trial has heard.

Bernadette Walker was last seen alive on July 18 last year when Scott Walker, who she called dad but was not her biological father, collected her from her grandparents’ house in Peterborough, Cambridge Crown Court heard.

The photography student had claimed that 51-year-old Scott Walker had sexually abused her “over a number of years” and prosecutors allege he killed her to “prevent her pursuing her allegations of sexual abuse any further”.

Mum of missing teen 'urged daughter’s friend to block her on Facebook'
Is this a Facebook friend SaW engaged with after gaining access to BW's account? What kind of parent would advise someone to block their daughter, notwithstanding that she almost certainly knew she was dead at that point?

They appeared to have a very strange set up, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were still close even after splitting up.
I think it’s more to do with him possibly refusing to move out. It’s a council tenancy, they will both be named on it and have equal rights to it. He wouldn’t be entitled to another property if he just moved out as he’s still on the tenancy. Moving another man in would create a circumstance that eventually with slow wheels turning that he could be removed from the tenancy and then get on the waiting list for a new council property. I have known people continue to live with partners when separated (not always amicably), as they have no other option- if he went to his parents house, he wouldn’t be classed as homeless so still wouldn’t be entitled to another council property.

“Told my mum about dad and the abuse. She called me a liar and threatened to kill me if I told police.”
The note continued: “What kind of parent wouldn’t believe their daughter. Its fine, I’m going to pretend it is all OK until I leave home, then I will block them out of my life.”
“If I was brave enough I probably would have already left or killed myself.”

She found a way to tell everyone the truth and it's surely the clearest evidence needed for them to both go down. Poor girl
But possibly also made them believe they could murder her and get away with it, claiming she had run away and suicidal- that entry if seen by her mum was a double edged sword.

From looking at their FB SaW seemed the controlling one and ScW besotted with her. I wouldn't be surprised if she has found.out about what was going on and turned her anger towards Bea instead of ScW , in a weird jealousy thing! All moo
Is it possible he is taking the blame in one last act of devotion to his ex partner?

There are a couple of people trying to be her voice on the finding Bea page but I’m sure the comments will be deleted soon.
That was me ☺️ I never ever comment on anything like that on social media and I feel a little bad about it but I really feel someone needs to be speaking up for this girl she’s the victim and I hear nobody in her corner

That was me ☺️ I never ever comment on anything like that on social media and I feel a little bad about it but I really feel someone needs to be speaking up for this girl she’s the victim and I hear nobody in her corner
Brilliant! Well done you. I smiled that someone was a voice for Bea on there. Angered me when he said she was not a victim.

Please don't be angry, I don't think he's got the gist bless him of what's trying to be conveyed.
I feel sorry for the lad and tried to be as gentle as possible with him as it’s not his fault he loves his mum but I want someone speaking out for her not making out she’s hiding out somewhere watching all of this unfold. He’s very sweet I feel desperately sorry for him but I suppose if my relative was missing I may not believe it either who knows what we’d do in his shoes

Lisa Wilding QC, prosecuting, said that Scott Walker was spoken to by police on September 8 about Bernadette’s disappearance.

Ms Wilding said: “He said he had picked Bernadette up, and made his way home. He wanted to go to McDonalds, but she didn’t want to.

“He wanted to confront Bernadette over the allegations, so he pulled over to a grass verge to roll a cigarette.

He said he asked her why she had made the allegations. She said she did not want to talk about it - she got out of the car and walked down an alley.

“He said he tried to follow her.

“He said to police he could not remember the exact location as he had a lot on his mind.

“He drew a map, but said he would not be able to locate the area

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s dad ‘didn’t know’ where Bernadette got out of car, jury told

ok a big problem with this version of events. From cowbit to their home, it’s either the bypass in which case the notion of grass verges and alleys would be ridiculous.

if he drove via crowland and eye (where the McDonald’s would be) then this would restrict his drop off points to maybe half a dozen (it’s the countryside!)

it also doesn’t explain why he was filling up at tulip….15 miles in the wrong direction and outside of Spalding rather than reporting her missing or looking for her.

ok a big problem with this version of events. From cowbit to their home, it’s either the bypass in which case the notion of grass verges and alleys would be ridiculous.

if he drove via crowland and eye (where the McDonald’s would be) then this would restrict his drop off points to maybe half a dozen (it’s the countryside!)

it also doesn’t explain why he was filling up at tulip….15 miles in the wrong direction and outside of Spalding rather than reporting her missing or looking for her.

Cowbit was the midnight drive, not the one where B allegedly got out of the car where Scott claimed there was an alley.

The theory seems to be that Scott murdered B on the drive where he claims she got out and ran down an alley. Then at midnight, both Scott and Sarah went on the trip to Cowbit to hide the body.

Not sure about the reference to a filling station near Spalding. Do you have the location of it so we can look on a map? And does anyone have the time of that stop?

Are there two times when Scott goes to McDonalds, because the drive in the morning seemed to end at a McDonalds, and then the early hours of the next morning also involved a trip to McDonalds?

Here's a map that someone might be able to work with.

This is Century Square to Cowbit and then to Spalding.

But I suspect that they took the northwards route through Werrington, Market Deeping, Deeping St Nicholas? I'm sure one of the Deepings was mentioned along with Cowbit as the general location they believe the body to have been 'dumped'?

Or maybe not Werrington but through Dogsthorpe to where the A15 crosses the A45 (or vice versa) and take the A45 towards Glinton and Northborough?

Didn't that other woman murderer dump a male victim's body somewhere around Northborough?

Google Maps

Last edited:
I wish there was more of an endeavour to find where she was hidden. I assume she was disposed of after their phones were disconnected and BW's was last used, after they'd been to the Apple Garage, which is why Cowbit and Pode Hole were searched, i.e. the garage is mid point between the two locations. There are lots of secluded lanes in between, such as The Raceground. I still think it is a location that ScW would have known in the dark and not just a random or chance disposal site.

Here's a map that someone might be able to work with.

This is Century Square to Cowbit and then to Spalding.

But I suspect that they took the northwards route through Werrington, Market Deeping, Deeping St Nicholas? I'm sure one of the Deepings was mentioned along with Cowbit as the general location they believe the body to have been 'dumped'?

Or maybe not Werrington but through Dogsthorpe to where the A15 crosses the A45 (or vice versa) and take the A45 towards Glinton and Northborough?

Didn't that other woman murderer dump a male victim's body somewhere around Northborough?

Google Maps

Joanne Dennehy dumped Kevin Lees body in Newbrough which is in the same area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni